• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

So it appears the Skullgirls Facebook page has changed their cover photo to a (assumingly) never before seen Eliza picture.

https://www.facebook.com/skullgirls

(For those who don't have Facebook)
Eliza Cover pic.png

Eliza news approaching?

So it appears the Skullgirls Facebook page has changed their cover photo to a (assumingly) never before seen Eliza picture.
That picture is in the art repository at the start of this thread :3

But yes, the hype levels are building!

Also, there was a bunch of off topic derail baits posted in here and deleted along with warnings being issued. Stop that.

That picture is in the art repository at the start of this thread :3

And the DERP award goes to.......ME!
Dang, and here I thought I was being hip and cool.

And the DERP award goes to.......ME!
Dang, and here I thought I was being hip and cool.
It's alright, you told us that they changed their Facebook banner, meaning the Eliza launch is growing ever more imminent, which in turn causes us to get more hype.

That being said, you really should check out the other leaked Eliza story mode image. It's pretty great.

Sorry to double post, but as it turns out Eliza also has a Robo-Fortune line. "A mockery of Bastet's children! I shall not suffer this!" Makes me wonder if Big Band has lines for Eliza, Beowulf and Robo-Fortune. Maybe they didn't have the foresight at the time.

It's not really leaked considering LZ released it intentionally :P
Fine then, they dripped a few drops on us before the great biblical flood that will be Eliza's story mode!

Sorry to double post, but as it turns out Eliza also has a Robo-Fortune line. "A mockery of Bastet's children! I shall not suffer this!" Makes me wonder if Big Band has lines for Eliza, Beowulf and Robo-Fortune. Maybe they didn't have the foresight at the time.
The recording and shit happened a fair bit after the indiegogo, so probably.

"I've got ties older than you, Princess. Shoes too."
"Beowulf!" "Marie!" "Eliza!" "Vamp!" "Robo Fotune!" "Toaster!"
"Retired to what?!"

Yeeeeaaah I think he has them covered. (There was probably more but I only listened through once)

Last edited:
"I've got ties older than you, Princess. Shoes too."
"Beowulf!" "Marie!" "Eliza!" "Vamp!" "Robo Fotune!" "Toaster!"
"Retired to what?!"
Yeeeeaaah I think he has them covered. (There was probably more but I only listened through once)

We'll since we're getting in the habit of correcting each other, "I've got ties older than you, Princess. Shoes too" is directed at Parasoul, I hear it all the time. And he wouldn't exactly try and insult Eliza by calling her young, first off she's ancient and second off she'd probably take that as a compliment.
I always felt that her age is a touchy subject for her, and if the main cast had lines for her they'd probably call her old all the time, especially Peacock. I imagine there might be a bit of that in her story mode dialogue.

We'll since we're getting in the habit of correcting each other, "I've got ties older than you, Princess. Shoes too" is directed at Parasoul, I hear it all the time. And he wouldn't exactly try and insult Eliza by calling her young, first off she's ancient and second off she'd probably take that as a compliment.

I figured it was aimed at Umbrella.
Shows how much I play either of those guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Robo-Fortune because robo.

I wonder if "toaster" is also a reference to Mike's old laptop?

[BATH OF TEFNUT INTENSIFIES]

BLOOD INTENSIFIES
STORY INTENSIFIES
SEKHMET INTENSIFIES
SAMSON AND LEVIATHAN SCOWL
CEREBELLA TOO

Reactions: EXcalitrash
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS

Good ole Zone.

Funny thing is that I watched ZONE animate that move on stream a long time ago... but the simpler version was then colorized and I assumed that ZONE's version was dropped. Which would have been a real shame.

Big Band says "Guess I gotta play over you." to Eliza. When he wins, he says "Fair thee well my honey, fair thee well.".

Funny thing is that I watched ZONE animate that move on stream a long time ago... but the simpler version was then colorized and I assumed that ZONE's version was dropped. Which would have been a real shame.
It was dropped. Several of Zone's animations were simplified before being added to the game. Check the detailing on the bandages for Eliza's Thrown animation above for example.
(Sorry for old image, but I didn't have a chance to screencap this morning)

thrown comparison.png

I don't just mean the part highlighted with red. The bandages themselves are much cleaner with less stretch lines.

I was listening to Eliza's intro quotes and I noticed something, Eliza shit talks everybody.
Eliza objectifies Big Band, she threatens Cerebella, she claims Parasoul's kingdom, she doesn't acknowledge Filia and Squigly's existence, she calls Painwheel an abomination, she considers Ms. Fortune a pet, and more.
As expected she's condescending and dominating towards every member of the Skullgirls Cast.

However, despite all of this when Eliza speaks to Beowulf she says, show me your strength.
No insults, no witty jabs at his fashion sense, just a genuine interest in his capability. I might be plucking at straws, but maybe Eliza has a certain level of respect for great warriors. Maybe she respects the power of individual men and women who fight for the people, the paragons of the human race. As an immortal Eliza might have witnessed feats of ancient heroes first hand. Maybe she was impressed, and she hopes to be impressed again by this new warrior.

Last edited:
naw, she just wants the d
Y'know, nowadays when I hear that statement associated with Eliza, I can't help but think of it like she wants the thing mounted on her wall. Like, she and Sekhmet just have a cold room in their basement called "Min's Junk," where they've been gathering those things for centuries. Yeesh!

Yeah, when she says she wants the d, make sure you tell her when you want it back.

Maybe Eliza will come faster if we make a blood sacrifice.

Tots worth it.

A shame. Those animations were gorgeous.
It was over-detailed, noisy and didn't read like we wanted to.
It's not a shame, since we didn't change much. Most of the detailing is still in the shading.

It was over-detailed, noisy and didn't read like we wanted to.
It's not a shame, since we didn't change much. Most of the detailing is still in the shading.
Well, you guys did what you had to to bring those animations in line with the rest of the game, and I'm not disputing that. The shame is that this was required to be done. j.MP in particular is quite mesmerizing to watch in its original form.

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life