• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Additional Win Poses

Rugalitarian

Reaction score
Double
Some of the character in Skullgirls only have one win pose (Parasoul, Double, etc.)

I was just wondering what the possibility would be to have some more added for those characters? I thought up of a good one for Double that wouldn't really require any sort of additional animation. Have Double turn into the character she just killed and do their win pose, whilst saying something mean.

What other win poses would you like to see?

The plan is for everyone to have multiple win poses eventually, but obviously the focus for the team right now is completing the DLC characters and other essential works. (Finishing the IGG backer rewards for example.) As far as I know, Filia is the only character in the retail game with multiple win poses, since she was the first character made, back when the team had a lot more time to spend, and Big Band is set to have at least 2 win poses, although one of them basically reuses his intro animation.

I quite like the idea for Double to turn into the opponent character and copy their win pose actually, although the win poses will have to be re-palettised (since Double's pallette isn't the same as the other characters' palettes), and also they would have to record new voices to go with it.

Yep I guess when they finish what they need to finish we'll get new win poses

Can Filia be forced into a specific Win Pose by holding down a certain button, like the Capcom Characters in later fighting games like Darkstalkers 2, Vampire Savior, MvC1 and MvC2? If not I think that should be considered too.

Can Filia be forced into a specific Win Pose by holding down a certain button, like the Capcom Characters in later fighting games like Darkstalkers 2, Vampire Savior, MvC1 and MvC2? If not I think that should be considered too.
She can. Hold down either L, M or H when winning.

I think cerebella should have a win pose where Vice-versa throws confetti on cerebella, and she bows.

Parasoul should have a rope come down, (as if a helicopter lowered it) grab it, then fly off stage...

Painwheel should try ripping her mask off, and fail.

Maybe peacock can jump into her hat, like she does her warp holes, then grab her hat, and pull it into her hat, and disappear.

Squigly could hula-hoop with leviathen.

Valentine could have her writing down a list
Double she would have a Republican Party with the little
Fortunes dancing

i had some ideas a while back using existing animations:
Peacock - Use her assist animation of her doing a silly little jig. Also her taunt would be pretty cute too.
Painwheel - Hops over to her enemy then uses her pre-throw animation of her grabbing her opponent then holding them in the air.
Parasoul - Poses cool with her luger (Double's animation) and all the egrets jump out and salute her.
Valentine - Honestly . . . just reuse her time out pose. The Mortal Kombat skeletons is just too good.

Reusing animations seems like a cool idea.

But if you want anything else...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd gladly pay more for additional win poses :D

I know she shreds it, but I think it would be cool if Fortune got her trenchcoat back similar to how Heideren in KoF98 gets it thrown back on screen.

I know this would cost more cash and have to employ some camera tricks, but I'd love a zoom up for Peacock, ending with the classic Looney Tunes frame and "That's all chumps!" with her and Avery. Maybe that could only come out for the end of the second round if won by a blockbuster.

For Valentine, I'd like to see something similar to Silver Samurai's intro. The slices at the screen quickly and cleanly. After a beat, the glass for the camera shatters.

Some of the character in Skullgirls only have one win pose (Parasoul, Double, etc.)

I was just wondering what the possibility would be to have some more added for those characters? I thought up of a good one for Double that wouldn't really require any sort of additional animation. Have Double turn into the character she just killed and do their win pose, whilst saying something mean.

What other win poses would you like to see?

i think they all only have 1 win pose, besides filia.

I wish we got this peacock intro
QL3Zve.gif

I would love if each character had a win pose for getting a perfect.
i don't think they have the resources for something like that

maybe they could just recolor the word PERFECT! to gold. :)

i don't think they have the resources for something like that

maybe they could just recolor the word PERFECT! to gold. :)

Obviously i understand the lack of budget for such extras, I was just expressing my desire to see a unique and preferrably trolling win animation that occurs anytime you score the rare perfect on somebody.

Parasoul opens her umbrella, in her original pose, an Annie of the Stars plushie falls out, and she drops down and cuddles it?

Reactions: Shockdingo
Here's my "I wish" for win poses, if Lab Zero ever had the time and/or cash to do so:

Painwheel
- rips off her mask like in valentine's story mode
- puts her hand to her face and starts laughing maniacally like Iori (KOF) does sometimes.
Cerebella
- Does a matching flexing motion with vice versa and yells "I'M NUMBER ONE!" (you'd be surprised with how many wrestler characters in fighting games who say that)
Double
- Turns into the lady from Squigly's story mode

Parasoul
- Satsuki pose.
- Umbrella dashes across the screen, pokes Parasoul's boob as she passes through her and Parasoul immediately gives chase.

Double
- This unused animation. Double devours the defeated opponent and assimilates her/him.

Valentine
- Throws a scalpel at the screen and a silhouette in the foreground with the scalpel lodged in the throat tumbles down.
- Throws a large smoke bomb and when the smoke dissipates, she's in her casual wear and the opponent "bagged".

why wasn't that awesome double pose used. . .
"console limitations" sigh. . .

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I don't know if this belongs here or not but
I think that double could use a different time-out pose, seeing that it is the same as her lose animation.

Parasoul does a mary Poppins.
Squigly puts her fingers at the edge of her smile then ZIPS it up?
Filia struggles to put her hat back on and samson struggles against it.
Peacock Peacock holds up a pie that explodes and she says "Pie Flavored" (parody of ASDF film)
Fortune spins on her head, but her had doesnt move, only her body
Double Holds her veil aside showing the skullheart, (her nun cap thing)
Cerebella walks to the opponent(similar to platinum from blazblue) then throws confetti on the opponent
Painwheel says I'll be late to class, then runs of the stage very femininely
Valentine could blow a kiss to the opponent, then says "Be mine?" (valentine candy)

Reactions: Muro and SmashBlade