• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

AI Double doesn't really...do anything

SaltedIce

Squig Band Fuk Yeah!!
Reaction score
Steam
Voodin
XBL
JammedIPawned U
Big Band Squigly Fukua
on most difficulties, Double will just shoot at you...and never move,doing like one combo a match, is she supposed to do this?

She does this on pc too. Its rather annoying. Especially since when the shot connects, she goes right into Republican Car. But sometimes she'll do a combo if she gets in.

Yeah that's pretty much Double Ai and Peacock doesn't like to block and Filia blocks too much

True. Filia will sit there and block all day. And then sometimes run up and dp.

and ai fukua is dumb too, if she starts trading with fire balls too much she run up and armored command grab

Moral of the story, only fortune and Cerebella have tendencies to fight.... never mind fortune only goes beast mode if your whooping her and Cerebella tumble runs if you press a button,Squigly just tries to tremolo and don't know much of BB god please let Eliza and Beowulf give me a challenge on nightmare

Reactions: SaltedIce
don't know much of BB

BB usually does :QCB::HK:, :B::F::P:, :B::F::K:, and sometimes ground to air combos.

and if we make an AI that blocks a lot, you’ll have to learn to throw.

FILIA THROW TECHS EVERYTHINGS INSTEAD OF TK THROWS, SMHHHHHH

Reactions: Dime
Let's not forget Painwheel's winning strategy of flying . . . on the ground . . . then j.mp when your in range . . . but never trying to get close to you.

What the shit is a TK Throw? I don't think this refers to TK Grab Bag?
after a launch, literally two seconds into the air you press throw

The nightmare ai in general throw techs everything. One of the worst things about the ai.

It teaches you NOT to throw. And my ai that i play against has started to reactively go through things like jabs and stuff even though i was told at the computer couldnt react to anything quicker than 14 frames.

So why does bella cancel her cr.lk into command grab when she notices it will get beat? And why does fukua drill me on reaction all the time?
And filia and the computer in general can never be thrown unless its a punish. The ai has gotten progressively worse and worse as far as doing capcom like ai and stuff, since vanilla. Vanilla ai was where its at. New ai is just annoying and learning from it is even more of a chore.

Im not looking for a challenge from the ai. I'm looking for a game that allows me to beat it and learn at the same time.. What the vanilla ai was, in general.

It's common knowledge the ai cheats, the ai always cheats

and if we make an AI that blocks a lot, you’ll have to learn to throw.

FILIA THROW TECHS EVERYTHINGS INSTEAD OF TK THROWS, SMHHHHHH
True! I hate that, blocking for 30 secs (lemme try a throw) TECH'D!

oh and don't even try mixups, cause they'll block it all

Let's not forget Painwheel's winning strategy of flying . . . on the ground . . . then j.mp when your in range . . . but never trying to get close to you.

She'll literally fly in the opposite direction for as long as she can and makes me chase her. So I usually just titan knuckle her right when she starts to fly.

The computer is also super annoying with always trying to run under you when you jump forward. Truthfully the ai has gradually gotten worse and worse since vanilla. I have no idea whats up with that.

My favourite post from steam forums:
"Oh God...don't play one easy mode!!!
I have heard this phrase for a long time and follow it like the codex, when I used to play touhou 12.

Didnt listen when I play skullgrils. I stayed on sleep walk and thought I was boss. DEcided to go on easy mode....oh boy I got rekt. I lost to Big Bank on Fukua mode 3 times in a row."

AI is just strange. It can blocks any mixup you throw at it and react to 2 frames moves, but can't react well to some moves. Heck, when I use raw argus agony the AI always blocks the laser, but, for some reason, it stops blocking and eat the shots (nightmare difficulty).

My favorite is AI Valentine catching you with the Lvl2 Counter super and then doing absolutely nothing during the freeze and lets it run out.

Heck, when I use raw argus agony the Everyone always blocks the laser, but, for some reason, ( almost) Everyone stops blocking and eat the shots (nightmare difficulty).

That's just everyone, everyone likes to block the laser and depending on distance or character, likes to challenge the status quo

Reactions: Mella
Speaking of wonky AI, in training mode, is the CPU supposed to do random shit even though they are on playback mode? Its really aggrievating when the don't playback what I recorded, I picked the mode for a reason!

Please record that (show all your training options, then how you record something and how playback doesn't make the dummy do it) and put it up on youtube, it sounds great

Please record that (show all your training options, then how you record something and how playback doesn't make the dummy do it) and put it up on youtube, it sounds great
Too bad im playing on xbox, and too broke for even a camera

Speaking of wonky AI, in training mode, is the CPU supposed to do random shit even though they are on playback mode? Its really aggrievating when the don't playback what I recorded, I picked the mode for a reason!

do you have the playback side correction option turned on? because im pretty sure that would do it if you switch sides.

The AI is pretty hilarious, to the point where it's honestly really memorable in an endearing sort of way. They're so easy to read and exploit, even on Nightmare.

HOWEVER, Nightmare Filia in the corner is, well, a nightmare. I don't even have time to just throw out a super because she just keeps doing shit.