• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Alt Tab Z-Engine bug

DanielGames

Reaction score
Skullgirls and Herds have been acting odd for me for the past few days. I can't alt tab out of it without it cutting the action out. I have to alt tab really quick or just hold down alt for around 5 seconds before it works properly. This is something new as alt tabbing wasn't an issue before. I'm thinking something changed in Windows that may have affected it.

I've tried switching from borderless fullscreen and windowed and it didn't change anything. My only refresh rate option is 60Hz in the video settings menu. Yesterday I updated GeForce Experience which did solve the issue but today it's back to doing this.

Alt tabbing works just fine in other games I tested, including the Indivisible prototype on Steam.

Someone in the sg discord said there was a Windows update that mucked something up but I don't know any more details. I'm on windows 7 64bit. I also think it messes with my inputs time to time somehow but I can't confirm if it's related.

Anyone here ran into this issue or have any ideas in how to fix this?

Specs:

Steam version of Skullgirls with 2nd Encore DLC
ASUS Notebook G73Jw Series
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium (fully updated)
Intel Core i7 Q740 1.73GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M (latest driver 391.35)
6GB RAM
1.5GB VRAM
1080p 60Hz

I'll also include a DxDiag file if it helps any.

Please let me know if there's any other info that I didn't list that you think would help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Hello! Bookmarking this thread.

I have a similar issue in Win10, which is the good news; the bad news is I have NO IDEA what to do to fix it, and I've tried. >.<