• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows amg beat record i duble dar (beowulf win count)

JordantheKitty

Designated Furfag
Reaction score
Steam
Jordan`
Beowulf Cerebella
So, while I was doing the penguin count-out as Beowulf (i swear, trying to end games on that will make me lose many matches) in Arcade Mode, I paused and hit "Quit Game." The game did not quit. Instead, everything was grayed over until the next stage loaded normally. Well, normally except for this:

5216949E67316DFD1489DAA63FD4EFBDB31B13C7

In the name of science I ventured forward, but then I just bumped into Marie and the win count went up by one as normal, making the count 497. I do wonder what would happen if you pulled that glitch off twice, or more. It's probably a mostly harmless bug, but those are the best kinds, right? If it matters, this was on PC.

Last edited:
oh fuck why isn't this in beta bugs i didn't even notice it shit

I've had the same thing happen to me in the main game actually (and a long time ago).
I took some screenshots but I forgot to report it back then =P
But I've just checked (newest screenshots are from a few minutes ago), it's still there! I think you're fine posting this at the normal Bug Report thread lol

From what I gather, this bug:​
  • is triggered by pausing and hitting 'Quit Game' when a round is about to end (i.e. when your opponent's life reaches zero, but before the 'That's a Wrap!' overlay appears);
    • Once this is done the 'Encore Performance?' confirmation window does not appear. The game is unpaused but the screens remain dim and the combo counter does not disappear until the screen fades for the next round;
    • The next round starts with the win counter increased by an abnormally high value.
  • doesn't seem to be character specific - got it working with Squigly and Double at least;
  • can be done several times in a single Arcade Mode playthrough (took this one after triggering the bug three times).
I have not tested if it happens on Story Mode yet.

Reactions: JordantheKitty
neat stuff
Huh. That's pretty interesting. I was worried it was a Beowulf-specific thing because of the recent pin finisher editing weirdness, so.
It probably won't work in Story Mode, since I don't think that even has a win counter. Not sure about the whole "no encore performance dim screen etc." thing, though.

• can be done several times in a single Arcade Mode playthrough (took this one after triggering the bug three times).

I just noticed, but... You DID beat my record. Shit.