• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

I love you, DDB. You're a hero.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vagLs_1PTnU
Same voice, less condescending, more confidence, that's what I think.
She's Annie of the Stars, if her personality is really what you say it is then she wouldn't be using her powers to to protect the world time and time again from the chaos of the Skullgirl. She also wouldn't be starring in a children's educational TV show.
Annie should be gruff and blunt, but she should not be without kindness which I sensed none of in that video.

Other than that it was fantastic especially those lines! I really started enjoying the video once her attacks started up, I think that the voice actress really started getting it right by that point. By the way who was the voice actress?
I dunno, a friendly rivalry would be pretty sweet too. Any objections, @Denizen?
I'm flattered that you asked but whatever kind of relationship I think they may have really doesn't have any bearing, I'm not Alex Ahad.
Anyway to answer your question I thought that the line was rather fitting, as long as they're on the same side I don't have any objections.

Annie should sound like a jaded Patty Thompson from Soul Eater
But I think DDB was asking you for permission to engage combat(practice) with us.
To which I say...

A STRONG

AND RESOUNDING

"meh."

I wish Scythana got this much support...;___;
(To be fair, if Big Band was too big for consoles, something tells me it was a blessing in disguise that Scythana wasn't voted in)

Same voice, less condescending, more confidence, that's what I think.
She's Annie of the Stars, if her personality is really what you say it is then she wouldn't be using her powers to to protect the world time and time again from the chaos of the Skullgirl. She also wouldn't be starring in a children's educational TV show. Annie should be gruff and blunt, but she should not be without kindness which I sensed none of in that video.
I imagine it a little like Batman. Bruce Wayne puts his all into maintaining his public persona, but he holds no affection for the socialites and business people he's got to mingle with constantly. I think Annie could be the same way: she knows it's important to keep up appearances, else she might not be able to move as she pleases when it comes time. She doesn't have to like kids at all.

Other than that it was fantastic especially those lines! I really started enjoying the video once her attacks started up, I think that the voice actress really started getting it right by that point. By the way who was the voice actress?
That'd be my wife, again. I agree that it became better over time, leading to the last sections being the best. In truth, that's more due to my direction: I told her to remain more aloof and cold than friendly and happy, so several people have commented on how they feel like the first lines are, "flat," and, "bored."

Reactions: musica
I think Annie could be the same way: she knows it's important to keep up appearances, else she might not be able to move as she pleases when it comes time. She doesn't have to like kids at all.
See I don't like that, I don't think that's true to her character. I want her to care about the people she's protecting, and it doesn't say anything good about her as a person if she doesn't like the very people that love her so much, especially the children. I don't want Annie to be annoyed at the sight of a fan, I want her to be pleased to see that her mission to educate the youth of the Canopy Kingdom through television is a success. Annie can be aloof and abrasive but she should still show some warmth for the people that truly matter.

Then again I could be completely wrong and she might be as cold as you say she is.
We won't know until Alex gives us some information about her.
That'd be my wife, again. I agree that it became better over time, leading to the last sections being the best.
Well tell her I said she did a great job and we're all eager to hear more from her.

Last edited:
AnnieAlternativeIdleOpt-Shade-2.jpg

You know the deal need I say more?

I dont think Capcom would let that happen.

Besides everyone knows this should be her theme

See I don't like that, I don't think that's true to her character. I want her to care about the people she's protecting, and it doesn't say anything good about her as a person if she doesn't like the very people that love her so much, especially the children. I don't want Annie to be annoyed at the sight of a fan, I want her to be pleased to see that her mission to educate the youth of the Canopy Kingdom through television is a success. Annie can be aloof and abrasive but she should still show some warmth for the people that truly matter.

Then again I could be completely wrong and she might be as cold as you say she is.
We won't know until Alex gives us some information about her.
That reminds me of Ryuko. She's aggressive and has attitude but also a kindhearted person to those she cares about.

Plus Leduc's not nearly as lovable.

O RLY? What if he were more like this:

That lovable enough for ya?

I love you, DDB. You're a hero.

Pretty good but I think that voice would suit Hive better. (Though personally I want Cherami Ami to voice Hive)

If anyone can nail Annie it would most likely be Melissa Fahn.

I think that might be a bit too much sass.

Reactions: Denizen
[image]
It still needs cleaning and shading, but... I REALLY wanted to show off my latest effort at cleaning stuff up from Alex's art.
This would be acceptable at Gainax :p

Reactions: Error Macro
I think you guys are going a bit far with the disdain. She's disdainful because she a veteran of combat, not because she's a stuck up bitch. Some of these stances make her look like she's got an attitude problem. If you go the master swordsman route, she'd regard her opponent as just another obstacle to be cut down. It wouldn't be so malicious or bitchy.

She stares forward, focused, stance solid and ready to strike.

"You're digging your own grave, kid."

That quote reminded me of Doc Holiday from, the 1992 western, Tombstone. It would be so friggin cool if she spoke in Latin from time to time!

For example, her pre-fight quote could be "In pace requiesca" or "rest in peace."

My meager contribution can't possibly compare to any of the masterworks being posted in this thread, but here's something that may put a smile on XthAtGAm3RGuYX's face:

g5QWZFs.gif

I saved it as AlterAnniba.gif and felt so proud of the filename.

You can pay me in Saltybucks instead of Bison Dollars.

That got way more than a smile out of me. Im fucking crying right now. Does this site do animated avs? Im gonna save this shit and any site that has gif avatars, this is gonna be it. I need to walk away form my computer before I laugh anymore. My face hurts.

Not sure now much time i have to work on it today, but hopefully I'll have another little present for good ol' DDB by the end of the day.

Reactions: Kai
Wish good ol' wobbuffet military secretary got that kind of love

Reactions: CapnWTF
It's cool DukeMagus, I wish a lot of characters got this much by the fans and hopefully down the road they will, but for now it's Annie's time in the spot light, once she's gotten her job done and in he game I'm sure other fans of other characters will rise up. ^^

Is there a Skullgirls equivalent to Latin? Maybe a very old language that only Double still uses? Help me Skullgirls Lore enthusiasts!

Is there a Skullgirls equivalent to Latin? Maybe a very old language that only Double still uses? Help me Skullgirls Lore enthusiasts!

How is this relevant to the thread it's posted in?

How is this relevant to the thread it's posted in?
Come on man be nice. This thread is only how far away from any lore thread related to Double?

Seriously though new guy. We're nice here, but not if you dont put any kind of effort into reading.

Pretty sure opt4shenanigans is just a new member of skullheart and just forgot to read what this thread was about is all, so it's all good. I will agree with XthAtGAm3RGuYX make sure you read whats up before posting.

This current thread is basically all about Annie ^^

Pretty sure opt4shenanigans is just a new member of skullheart and just forgot to read what this thread was about is all, so it's all good. I will agree with XthAtGAm3RGuYX make sure you read whats up before posting.

This current thread is basically all about Annie ^^
more like... Annie-nation!~

Speaking of Annie...

AnnieAlternativeIdle2EditOpt.gif

Mmmmmmmm yes? No? Maybe?

Just another attempt at creating an idle animation for Annie. This time I considered everyone's thoughts and critiques when animating, so let me know what you think of it now.

EDIT: Just cleaned up some of the lines to make the animation a little smoother in places (particularly the chest and hands).

Last edited:
I'd have Annie tap the sword on her shoulder. Otherwise, it looks really smooth! :D

That's a good idea, i like that. Might do that a little later and edit the post.

Speaking of Annie...

Mmmmmmmm yes? No? Maybe?

Just another attempt at creating an idle animation for Annie. This time I considered everyone's thoughts and critiques when animating, so let me know what you think of it now.

Hey, think I could get a still frame of this figure I'd try shading this one may even add a color map since Sagan is included

I like this new one better, only thing that's weird (at least to me due to chorus lessons) is the chest breathing. Breathing should be more from the diaphragm near the stomach. Chest breathing is no good. But then again, this ain't singing, this is fighting.

Reactions: Tomo009
Something about how the chest moves compared to everything else is bothering me.

Oh man that's great, the first animation might be more fun to look at because of all the movement, but this second animation more closely captures Annie's personality. My favorite part is the fact that once in a while Annie's eye, the one in Sagan's mouth, looks around a bit.

Skull I applaud you on your work, you have so much potential and I can't wait to see where you go with it.
@DDB I hope you realize how lucky you are that this guy is doing this in response to your loud support of Annie.

Seems a little long for an idle animation, but it's pretty neat.

I like this new one better, only thing that's weird (at least to me due to chorus lessons) is the chest breathing. Breathing should be more from the diaphragm near the stomach. Chest breathing is no good. But then again, this ain't singing, this is fighting.

I was going for something similar to Parasoul's idle animation. I know what you mean though.

Something about how the chest moves compared to everything else is bothering me.

I've got a number of things I'm going to go back and change, I might end up tweaking the chest animation a little bit and we'll see how it looks from there.

@PKStoopKid Here ya go

AnnieAlternativeIdle2Opt.jpg

[/Spoiler/