• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

Oh man that's great, the first animation might be more fun to look at because of all the movement, but this second animation more closely captures Annie's personality. My favorite part is the fact that once in a while Annie's eye, the one in Sagan's mouth, looks around a bit.

Skull I applaud you on your work, you have so much potential and I can't wait to see where you go with it.
@DDB I hope you realize how lucky you are that this guy is doing this in response to your loud support of Annie.

Thanks :) I just enjoy animating man. Also DDB really is quite loud.

Seems a little long for an idle animation, but it's pretty neat.

It is much longer than necessary. It's because I wanted to give some details in movement between Annie and Sagan, but I didn't want their animations to overlap too much or to loop too quickly. Perhaps it would be better if it were shorter, but i probably won't cut it at this point heh.

Reactions: DDB
Can't wait for her walk cycle now, which is pretty obvious
bbhood_lalala_walk.gif

I was going for something similar to Parasoul's idle animation. I know what you mean though.

I've got a number of things I'm going to go back and change, I might end up tweaking the chest animation a little bit and we'll see how it looks from there.

@PKStoopKid Here ya go

Thanks a bunch, I'll probably work on it tomorrow or later, got my plate full and I have to finish my plate

I've mentioned I love Skullmageddon a hundred times, and it's still not enough.

And you're also a sweet dude, PKStoopKid.

skull you might have to hack the game and fully program annie to appease DDB
maybe find a voice actress for her too

skull you might have to hack the game and fully program annie to appease DDB
maybe find a voice actress for her too

If it were possible to do all of that without actually putting forth any sort of effort, then yeah I'd do it.

Too bad it isn't.

You've got me to help ya, you don't have to do it alone.

(Heck, you don't have to do it AT ALL.)

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Come on man be nice. This thread is only how far away from any lore thread related to Double?

Seriously though new guy. We're nice here, but not if you dont put any kind of effort into reading.

Sigh, you didn't read my first post. But I guess this thread is all about the visual aspect of Annie's design.

Btw I'm not that new. I've been on Team Annie since day -90. I'm still depressed about the Indie gogo results. GO ANNIE GO!

Glorious indeed!

This kid shows a lot of promise. There's a number of indie games around that could use the work of such a skilled artist (and pay for it, obviously). "Beast Fury", i think, have gorgeously animated characters too. you might want to check it if you're a freelancer artist

Glorious indeed!

This kid shows a lot of promise. There's a number of indie games around that could use the work of such a skilled artist (and pay for it, obviously). "Beast Fury", i think, have gorgeously animated characters too. you might want to check it if you're a freelancer artist
They want people who will work for free. No, I am not joking.

Sigh, you didn't read my first post. But I guess this thread is all about the visual aspect of Annie's design.

Btw I'm not that new. I've been on Team Annie since day -90. I'm still depressed about the Indie gogo results. GO ANNIE GO!
I'm not getting onto you, but you asked if there was a latin in skullgirls lore. that's kinda far from an annie fan animation thread TBH. you're more than welcome to stick around on this thread though.

@opt4shenanigans YOU ARE AMONG FAMILY HERE, FRIEND.

No need to be scared of such things! An Annie fan is an Annie fan to any Annie fan!

@opt4shenanigans YOU ARE AMONG FAMILY HERE, FRIEND.

No need to be scared of such things! An Annie fan is an Annie fan to any Annie fan!

Indeed TO ANNIE, and may the odds be forever in her favor.

I'd whore myself for free alas I don't think I'm at the level I need to be to work on something of this level

(I promise, I'll get back to work)

Reactions: No longer exist
I'd whore myself for free alas I don't think I'm at the level I need to be to work on something of this level

(I promise, I'll get back to work)
Don't be an enabler to the worst kind of cheapasses.

Holy crap, I just realized Aeon has a literal hourglass body D:
you didnt- how did you not-how could this even get past.....how could you not see that from the get go?!

you didnt- how did you not-how could this even get past.....how could you not see that from the get go?!
I never paid too much attention to it, but I did notice the infinity symbol around her

So I've been lurking in this thread for a while now.

Is this a thing that's happening now? The fans making Annie, that is. If they were, I would be thoroughly impressed. Unfortunately, I barely have enough talent for 8-bit graphics, so I won't be much help unless critiquing and being with you in spirit counts (And probably not much of the former, because everyone else keeps beating me to it).

Also, if it's a thing that's happening, shouldn't it have its own dedicated topic in the Unreleased Future Characters section?

At the moment, it's just Skullmageddon doin' stuff for fun. Maybe soon...?

Glorious indeed!

Thanks, the kind words are greatly appreciated!

Work for free? I love working for free! There's nothing better than spending 50 hours a week animating and getting nothing in return for my efforts!

Oh wait, no. F☆CK THAT SH☆T.

Reactions: No longer exist

Is this a thing that's happening now? The fans making Annie, that is. If they were, I would be thoroughly impressed. Unfortunately, I barely have enough talent for 8-bit graphics, so I won't be much help unless critiquing and being with you in spirit counts (And probably not much of the former, because everyone else keeps beating me to it).

Also, if it's a thing that's happening, shouldn't it have its own dedicated topic in the Unreleased Future Characters section?

No there's not an official fan collaboration to animate Annie...yet.

At the moment, it's just Skullmageddon doin' stuff for fun. Maybe soon...?

What DDB said.

I'm just having a little fun animating Annie for now. I love Skullgirls and I really like Annie's character design, so it's just a fun way for me to share my love for animation and SG. I might continue to do a little animation here and there, or perhaps I might just do some illustrations. As much fun as this is, it really is quite time consuming.

The only way this could possibly result in Annie actually being added into the game would be for Lab Zero to become directly involved in this endeavor. This would mean that they either take on the responsibility of developing her as a character themselves (which would be best), or they hire people outside of the current team to develop her as a character in direct accordance with their standards and expectations. The one thing that both of these options requires is funding, of which there currently is none for Annie.

As much as I'd like to animate her with the hopes of some sort of fan-made co-op with Lab Zero, I absolutely would not do so without monetary compensation (as no artist should). At this point, It's just little ol' me passing the time by showing my love for this game :)

That being said, if you really want her added into the game then express yourself like DDB here. If it weren't for him, I probably would have never bothered animating Annie for fun. Stuff like this always starts with those who are most enthusiastic. If you can supply the money, then you can make it happen.

As much as I want annie, no one should work for free, unless its your own project that you love.

I hope Scythana and Annie can happen one day ;(

Whoa, this is awesome! And just when I thought the idle animation started to repeat itself, her hand moved and she blinked! Really cool, great work!^^

After hearing everyone's thoughts and critiques i actually made another idle animation. It sounds like you didn't notice the second one, so here it is again in case you'd like to take a look.

Speaking of Annie...
AnnieAlternativeIdleOpt.gif

Whoa, this one is even better! You made her more badass! Yeah, that's definitely closer to what I thought her personality would be like. Awesome work again! How much do you plan on animating?

Well I'm gonna tweak the most recent idle animation a bit (add some details, do some cleanup, maybe try a version that's a little shorter etc.), then I might do a walk and/or run cycle for fun. Besides that, I don't plan on doing anything else. But I dunno, if I have time I might do other things as well.

Well I'm gonna tweak the most recent idle animation a bit (add some details, do some cleanup, maybe try a version that's a little shorter etc.), then I might do a walk and/or run cycle for fun. Besides that, I don't plan on doing anything else. But I dunno, if I have time I might do other things as well.

Sounds good! I might have to try my hand at animating one of her attacks. I tried to animate Black Dahlia a while back but I ran out of gas before I even finished laying the groundwork for it.^^; Glad to see you went all the way through with this!