• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Any basic giuds to squiggles?

dreamfallen

Reaction score
Squigly Parasoul Ms. Fortune
Hello, just recently got back into fighting games and started playing this game. I chose Squiggs as my first character but cant find any beginner guides up to date with the current state of the game. Could anyone suggest a guide?

Most of this information is buried in this sub-forum, but it might be kinda hard to find. Here's the cliff's notes version:

J.LK is your best air to air and pretty good air to ground
J.LP is good if you're above them and want something faster than j.mk or j.hk
J.HP is good, but be careful in it's use. You can punish weird stuff with it, but you can get hit out of it really easily.
S.LP and s.mp are weird, be careful when using them as they can easily go over crouching characters
C.HP is your strongest burst bait as your body is waaaaaay behind the hitbox.
Look up Nuuance's stuff in the combo thread. He's got good stuff to learn and none of it is super difficult.
Practice stance cancels. both charged and uncharged. You get your best damage via cancels and you make your blockstrings safe by stance canceling.
If you're having a brain fart and don't stance cancel, Arpeggio and Drag 'n Bite are safe enders.
Practice using charged Center Stage xx SBO to punish... anything. It's the biggest threat Squigly can put out, as you can punish damn near anything your opponent does.

If you've got two hours to kill, Mountlover has a phenomenal though dated guide.

Here

Also, what alexpi said.

Didn't Guitalex used to have a big guide on how to play Squigly? What happened to that?

If you're having a brain fart and don't stance cancel, Arpeggio and Drag 'n Bite are safe enders.
Drag 'n' bite is -11, less safe than anything you are likely to cancel into it
Arpeggio is indeed good though.

ah, you're right, was thinking of tremolo. brain farted.

oh man, squiggly should totally have been called squiggles instead. fuck thats an awesome name.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
You could try this one if you like. The earlier part gives a general character breakdown; the latter half shows sample combos.

jesus christ kid, literally half of your posts are this video. tone it down a notch

Reactions: Nuuance
THIS is the guide you wanna see until I make my updated one for final retail/2nd encore:

No offense to 4leaf, but this is far superior. For
Sure approved by me, despite disagreeing w/1 or 2 things in here

THIS is the guide you wanna see until I make my updated one for final retail/2nd encore:

No offense to 4leaf, but this is far superior. For
Sure approved by me, despite disagreeing w/1 or 2 things in here

To each his own.

Well, one's a 2 hour 20 minute video that covers damn near everything there is to know about the character. The other is 30 minutes with oddly desynced audio, non standard combo ratios, and a section on sticks and pads.

alexpi - You're right. I have to do something about the audio delays. Didn't know it would be so off-putting to so many.

As for guide-making, well, I'm learning as I go. Hopefully I'll get better in the future.

When you list combo damage play on a 1.00 ratio. 3v2 2v2 or 1v1.
1.30 ratio doesn't mean anything to most people.

If they forget to look there they would be thinking your combos do more damage than they actually do.

Reactions: mcpeanuts