• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Any chance we're gonna get new Steam achievements again?

TheKillerStove

Reaction score
Steam
『TheKillerStove』
Eliza Squigly
Umbrella's patch notes said the Steam version of the game would no longer be receiving new achievements with DLC characters due to community feedback. However, the only feedback I saw was from angry people on the Steam forum who don't play the game anymore, and were upset their 100% completion was gone. Why should the people actively playing the game have to get less content due to people whose sole complaint is that they don't want to play anymore? I know the decision has already been made, but is there any chance Future Club and Hidden Variable could reverse it?

Reactions: Corridor89
Removal of the achievements doesn't bother me that much but I also don't see any good reason it should have been removed either. Plenty of other Steam games have DLC-only achievements, and I don't think anyone with a sizable Steam library could expect to complete 100% achievement on every game they have especially if they aren't willing to buy new DLCs. Seems like arbitrarily bending over backwards for people who don't even play the game.

I don't understand the logic behind this decision.
Though I'm not an achievement hunter myself.

Why should the people actively playing the game have to get less content due to people whose sole complaint is that they don't want to play anymore?
I would say that it's pretty impolite towards the ones, who got the Annie achievement.

They are the active player base. They are the ones, who buy and try out the new content. The heart of the fandom. They want the game to thrive. It's kind of weird to do something, that would retroactively affect their game progress.