• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Apr 25, 2015] The INFLICT! Series - INFLICT! 3 feat. Skullgirls Encore (Kinnelon, NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElkyDori

No Quarter
Reaction score
Steam
Elky Dori
PSN
ElkyDori
Painwheel Cerebella
xouYJkA.jpg

Well, I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

You invaded INFLICT! 2 to such an overwhelming degree that you went from being that event's last-minute addition to INFLICT! 3's star attraction!

The guys behind Hitbox Arena, Kick-Punch-Block, and QSFGC want to reward your efforts and have done so by putting Skullgirls Encore at the top of the marquee for April. I'd like to believe that my main man @IAmAphroDynamek put UNiEL in the lineup at my request since I know the NY/NJ SG scene has a decent overlap with the Under Night crowd. And as you know, anime begets more anime, so the guys threw Persona 4 Arena Ultimax in the mix as well. Do me proud and get some Naoto goodness on stream (I'm down for Shadow too).

So, come through with cases of that sweet sweet grape nectar and hold down Hitbox Arena once again. Show them that when it comes to INFLICT!, the SGC RUNS THAT SHIT.

UPDATE: Mortal Kombat X HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE LINEUP

The good ol' Facebook event page copy & paste begins now:

Hitbox Arena & Kick-Punch-Block are hyped to announce our next installment of our QSFGC/KPB Monthly...
INFLICT! 3 featuring SKULLGIRLS ENCORE!!!

$50 SKULLCANDY HEADPHONES GUARANTEED POT-BONUS
$50 MORE IF OVER 20 IN BRACKET!!!
(for Skullgirls only)

-Please bring your consoles with updated DLC.
-We will provide our killer Asus 1ms Monitors and HDMI cables

COMING FROM NY?

Hitbox Arena is also accessible by bus from the NY Port Authority. Please follow the link below to the NJ Transit Bus Schedule -
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0194.pdf
(last event starts @ 6:00pm and the last Bus back to NYC is 10:15 - that's plenty of time!

Venue Location:
Hitbox Arena
25 Kinnelon Rd
Kinnelon NJ 07405
201-704-3802

INFLICT! 3 Schedule:
12:00pm - Doors open and casuals on all featured games
1:00pm - P4AU, UNIEL
3:00pm - MKX
5:00pm - SGE

Event Fees:
$10 - Venue fee (includes all day casuals)
$10 - Entry fee to all events

Come enjoy tons of set-ups, great food options, amazing competiton and the best venue hospitality around.

Here's some important links:

Follow us @
www.twitch.tv/hitboxarena
www.twitch.tv/kpblive

Like us @
www.facebook.com/hitboxarena
www.facebook.com/kick-punch-block

Follow us @
www.twitter.com/hitboxarena
www.twitter.com/KickPunchBlock

Visit us @
www.hitboxarena.com
www.k-p-b.com

Rodney, Michael and I look forward to seeing you!

Call or text 201-704-3802 for more info

If you weren't there for INFLICT! 2, I gotta be sure to mention that the venue is next to a pizzeria, around the corner from a Chinese joint, and straight across from a Pathmark supermarket. There's even a movie theater nearby.

Last edited:
Yeah, xanadu location kinda ass.
Damn, that location is basically New York for me. That's a long drive.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Wow. Omw to move to NJ.

Fuck DMV.

Sounds cool. I'll try to make it out. Only like 3.5 hours from where I live, basically next door.
If attendance is good, KPB wants to put us on the stream lineup. That's right. An SG monthly with a stream hosted by a major tournament channel is at stake here. (Being one of the X A N A D U B O Y S, I'm insanely jealous since we have no stream, let alone one hosted by KPB.)
What would be considered good attendance? We just got 24 at a major, we won't get near that number for a monthly...

Yo NJ? That's like 2.5 hours away from me. Depending on school work and my job searching I'm in there

Yoooooo this is like a half hour drive for me. You need a warm body with a setup and 10 bucks he'll give to the winner then I'm OMW.

Reactions: ElkyDori
Probably a good idea of people around some areas to start a carpool if it's gonna be a two hour or more commute.

I drive a few people up to Xanadu every month and having like three people chip in with gas makes it so much easier. Plus, we all talk shit about @Broseidon Rex and @ElkyDori while we drive. It's fun.

Good evening, everyone... glad to see such an enthusiastic response. Anywho, if anyone is looking for transportation, there's a link in the event description that may probably get overlooked. Since I don't want anyone having to struggle getting to & fro, here's the NJ Transit schedule. Hopefully, this will make the trek somewhat easier for those in the Quad State region:

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0194.pdf

Looking forward to some great competition in a few weeks! See ya' there :)

Probably a good idea of people around some areas to start a carpool if it's gonna be a two hour or more commute.
ZjOc8My.jpg
If anybody lives along (or near) this path (basically from Camden>INFLICT), I'm willing to carpool with a couple people. Since it's a 2-hour drive for me (traffic willing), I kinda wanna have someone else to talk about SG to make the trip shorter

and I am also wondering what is considered good attendance

Last edited:
Goooood evening, everyone! I've noticed a question being asked somewhat regularly, so allow me to answer:

Both myself & John (guy who runs HitBox Arena) have ambitious, but realistic expectations. To us, "good numbers" for our first outing with the SG community would be about 8 to 12 people. I see that 10 have already RSVP'ed "Yes", which is awesome. Should more people come out and the number exceed our expectations, even better. At the end of the day, John & myself want this to become a regular destination for the community.

Way I see it, if we can get over 20 people at a major on such short notice, having a whole month to prepare for a local should bring out at least half that. As always, I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of you & I'm especially looking forward to some good battles! See you all on the 28th...

:PUN:

Alright... good evening, everyone. Apologies for being so quiet as of late, just been working on a couple of things. Anyways, just wanted to touch base with all of you & see how things are going in your respective neck of the woods. We're getting closer to the day & I just wanted to sweeten the pot a little bit. Don't quote on this (just yet), but I'm gonna see if I can't talk a few other interested parties in adding some more money to the pot bonus. Again, I feel this community deserves to be spoiled a little bit because the loyalty I've seen from all you wonderful people is worthy of the utmost respect. As always, looking forward to some good company, good times & good battles!

Actually I have a question, what is parking like at this venue?

tsk... I wish you luck man. Blows that I can't jump on the bus with you. hey, remember to go to a Dennys aye? next available tourny I'll be there with you.

Reactions: Cadenza
Yeah, actually, since I'm driving there, details on parking would be nice

Parking should be plentiful. It's kinda like a mall, like @Rizil said.

@Rizil, thanks for answering that question. Since I'm admittedly a pedestrian, parking isn't something that crosses my mind very often. Still, I should have considered that since you beautiful people are coming out for the event. I'll keep that in mind for "Paradise Found" in May, although I doubt parking is gonna be an issue since that's gonna be at same hotel as APEX was a few months ago. In any case, looking forward to Saturday...

Who's going early so we can hang out?

@Rizil, thanks for answering that question. Since I'm admittedly a pedestrian, parking isn't something that crosses my mind very often. Still, I should have considered that since you beautiful people are coming out for the event. I'll keep that in mind for "Paradise Found" in May, although I doubt parking is gonna be an issue since that's gonna be at same hotel as APEX was a few months ago. In any case, looking forward to Saturday...
Wait... same hotel? As in the one that was closed down for structural integrity issues? As in the one where the manager got arrested for negligence?

Wait... same hotel? As in the one that was closed down for structural integrity issues? As in the one where the manager got arrested for negligence?
NOPE!

The venue that got in trouble during the APEX 2015 fiasco was the Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowlands in Secaucus, NJ. Paradise Found is being held at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Princeton, NJ.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's a different DoubleTree than the one across the street from the Garden State Convention Center that APEX moved to.

@[PME], since I'm part of the quote unquote "production team" I'll be there a little early setting up.

@erkicman, apologies. I should have been more precise with my description. My bad...

@ElkyDori, thank'ee kindly for clearing that up.

As for everyone else, quick update: I spoke to John (guy who owns/operates the venue) and he said that if we can get 16 or better to show up for SG, he'll match my pot bonus offer & bring it up to a solid $100! How awesome is that? If you wanna hear directly from the horse's mouth, check out the event page on FB.

Furthermore, one of our own (@MotoEleven) just contacted me and has offered to add a bonus $25 of his own money to the pot! This kinda zeal & dedication is the very reason why I wanna do everything in my power to help boost up both this community and game. So, in summation: If we get 15 or less (which, by the way, would still be damn impressive), the pot bonus for 1st Place will be $75. If we get 16 or better (which would just be awesome), the pot bonus for 1st place gets bumped up to $125. Simply put, this just keeps getting better & better.

PS: Not sure how many have seen John's request, but if it's at all possible, we need one or two extra SGE-ready consoles for Saturday. I'm bringing mine to use for the stream itself. If we can get another for casuals, it would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: mcpeanuts and PME
I'm bringing my setup so that's an extra one right there. Hell I pretty much always bring my setups to locals and events. Btw what time are you setting up shop? I'd like to get there early so I can get a setup up and running early so ppl can just jump on as they walk in. Alternatively, if anyone from the city's coming in and needs a ride just hit me up.

I'm bringing my setup so that's an extra one right there. Hell I pretty much always bring my setups to locals and events. Btw what time are you setting up shop? I'd like to get there early so I can get a setup up and running early so ppl can just jump on as they walk in. Alternatively, if anyone from the city's coming in and needs a ride just hit me up.

@Rizil, barring any massive pileups on the road (I'm coming from Yonkers), I'm hoping to get there around noon or so.

Reactions: Rizil
Damn I already brought the bus tickets. I should've waited

@[PME], that's excellent news. Thank you both very much!
:PUN:

Reactions: PME
Status
Not open for further replies.