• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Apr 25, 2015] The INFLICT! Series - INFLICT! 3 feat. Skullgirls Encore (Kinnelon, NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then... ladies & gentlemen, I am practically walking outta the door right now, setup in hand. See you in the Arena!

Reactions: MotoEleven
Heading out now out the door. Bringing my setup, let's go.

I'll go if someone drive me there but I'll doubt that's gonna happen. So I'm not going

Had too much fun and the hype level was off the charts! Aphro your awesome man and dafeelsage sick sick combos and congrats on wining and cloud King Warped Echo Lethal Shade k stacks mcpeanuts... Geez so much people lol sorry if I forgot someone... That DHC showdown was crazy though... Kappa...

Gentlemen, seriously... what can I say about yesterday's event that could actually do it justice? You guys came out in full force, pretty much comandeered the event from all the other games on the menu, we had a console freeze (that matchup was just TOO strong) & a DHC montage that actually -possessed- a third controller because it was so hype! Hot diggity daffodil! On top of ALL that, we even got in a photo op!

HitBoxJammers.jpg

I'll keep everyone posted for the next INFLICT! and I promise to get the stream approved by Skullheart. And I'll will also update the information for Paradise Found once I talk to the TO staff. In the meantime... guys, keep being awesome! #HitBoxJammers4Life

Alright, let's get down to brass tax. I want your sincere opinion on this: Should we have another INFLICT! on 4/25 (w/ Skullgirls -confirmed- to be headlining and UNIEL & P4AU costarring) the week before Paradise Found OR should we wait until the end of May? I ask this because, while I am currently loving the response our first outing at HitBox Arena had, I don't want to stretch everyone too thin. Travelling costs money, that's a given. I'll leave the decision up to you awesome people.

End of May is Combo Breaker, so that's gonna be a little tough, but if we hold INFLICT! in April man that is gonna be a really full schedule next month. If it's a little earlier in May I could go for that, but if not I'd prefer April as I know ppl gonna be mad broke when CB rolls around.

Both would be tight on the wallet... but you guys are crazy....

omw x2

Okay, I got an idea... how about we skip April? Hear me out: Paradise Found is at the beginning of May, Combo Breaker is at the end, so why not slide INFLICT! 3 right in the middle on 5/16. This way, everyone can get their money right during whole of April and we can make May 2015 -THE- month for the SGC.

Again, this is just an idea. I'm bouncing it offa you guys because, regardless of what me & Johnny do, YOU make the event.

Okay, I got an idea... how about we skip April? Hear me out: Paradise Found is at the beginning of May, Combo Breaker is at the end, so why not slide INFLICT! 3 right in the middle on 5/16. This way, everyone can get their money right during whole of April and we can make May 2015 -THE- month for the SGC.

Again, this is just an idea. I'm bouncing it offa you guys because, regardless of what me & Johnny do, YOU make the event.
I think Paradise Found and Combo Breaker is more than enough for May. There's a natural progression of scale going from INFLICT to Paradise Found to Combo Breaker with each event being bigger than the previous.

But, it's the opinion of NY/NJ and the road warriors that really matter. What do you guys say?

I think Paradise Found and Combo Breaker is more than enough for May. There's a natural progression of scale going from INFLICT to Paradise Found to Combo Breaker with each event being bigger than the previous.

But, it's the opinion of NY/NJ and the road warriors that really matter. What do you guys say?

@ElkyDori That's a pretty good point & the concept of escalation from one to the next definitely crossed my mind. However, like you said, the final vote falls to the community because y'all are the ones that make it happen.

I'd prefer having it in April. Driving to NJ on back to back weekends is kind of a tall order for me.

Okay, it's looking like the vote is swinging towards the original 4/25 date. However, in the sake of fair play, I'll keep the question open until Saturday. Remember, folks: I'm not here to dictate anything. My purpose is to give the community a platform upon which to showcase this awesome game we all love.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Man it's gonna be a busy next 2 month. Cloudfest, GU, INFLICT, Paradise Found, and Combo Breaker. Time to work on my game. Ah who am I kidding I'm gonna cruise to 0-2 baby!

I would love to have it on the 25th, that means if I can bum a ride from one of my college friends I can actually come since that's a week before Finals roll around. Great to see everyone came out in FULL FORCE, kinda upset that I missed it last time.

Looking like a fairly open & shut case, but I gave my word that I'd keep the vote open until Saturday. Keep voicing your opinions, ladies & gentlemen(?)

Seems the "ayes" have it for 4/25... very well. I'll get this info to Johnny & Pat and we'll start working our magic. Also, if I could ask everyone's personal opinion on something: Do you think it would be wise for me to try & make it to Combo Breaker? I sincerely doubt they'd let me on commentary (or even notice I was there), but something tells me it'd be a pretty awesome experience. Penny for your thoughts...

Combo breaker is probably going to be the HYPEST skullgirls event of the year you should definitely try to make it out to not only see the hype but just to meet everyone in the community that can't make it out to the eastern events all the time

Combo Breaker is gonna be off the hook I think everyone who can be there should be

Combo Breaker is gonna be off the hook I think everyone who can be there should be
BibleThump

Well, (not that I need a great deal of convincing) that settles that. Looks like I'm heading to the Windy City this Memorial Day weekend...

Oh, btw... quick heads-up: I updated my console yesterday with Ultimax (fully loaded) & UNIEL. This would be better news if I weren't so embarrassed at the fact that I straight up -forgot- Under Night got a localized release back in February the week of my birthday. *sigh* In any case, just letting you guys know we won't need to scramble for a stream setup at INFLICT! like last time, but you're all very welcome to bring your own. Remember: Ultimax on point, UNIEL at shell & (of course) SG as anchor.

Just realized this falls on NWM weekend. Curious as to how this would effect numbers.

@Lethalmind The 25th/INFLICT & the 2nd/Paradise Found are gonna be busy weekends no matter what... I'm just bracing myself for the fallout :/

I can't go to NWM anyways. I imagine a lot of northeast people can't.

Hey @mcpeanuts are you going to this? Since I can't go to GU this saturday I'd like to go to this.

Reactions: PME
Yeah I was planning on it. I can give you a ride.
Welp nevermind the general manager is already taking that weekend off so I can't get the saturday because we're already short staffed as it is. Have fun without me guys. ;-;

Apologies all around, folks. I know I've been unforgivably quiet as of late. Just been going thru some things and they've derailed my attention some. Still going under it, but a promise is a promise. Everything is coming along smoothly so far: we got the $50 pot bonus from me, the Skullcandy headphones, the potential extra pot bonus from HitBox Arena (if we get enough people). I'm also working on having the TO from Paradise Found make an appearence so that he can get a taste of the action & hype the SG crowd can bring to an event. Also, if it's at all possible, could someone (who actually has one) bring an MKX setup... we wanna sneak in a little extra action to the event. *wink wink*

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Good evening... real quick wanted to put you wonderful people onto something important:

www.facebook.com/groups/njfgc/

If you follow that link, it'll take you to the official FB group for the INFLICT! monthlies. This way, everyone involved/interested can stay in the loop regarding any info or updates that have to do with our little ongoing shindig. So you know, I'm the admin for the group & I'll be the one adding all the names.

Carry on & enjoy the rest of your respective nights.

Reactions: PME and Lethalmind
Status
Not open for further replies.