• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Apr 29, 2016] Northwest Majors VIII (April 29-May 1) | #NWM8 (Des Moines, WA)

How was the 3/5 format for time?

Did SG run behind at all?

What was the total number of entries?

we had one stream setup and five off stream for most of it (some were pulled early for stage, etc) and were only "bottlenecked" by having one match on logichole's stream at all times.

the streamed matches slowing down the bracket a bit plus our lead-in game running long (we had stage at a firm time, so running long to compensate was not an option) still wasn't enough to delay us.

tbh, we were pretty relaxed compared to other games.

@Hawt Salsa
Thank you very much for organizing for Skullgirls this year.
You are a fantastic person and a pleasure to be around.
You don't have anything to worry about and I hope to see you more at future tournaments and locals.
Merci.

This. You did great, at everything, when everyone needed you the most. Stay spicy. <3

This was an amazing tournament and I had a fantastic experience meeting all of you who went. I got to hang out with the PNW SG fam again and meet tons of other players of this awesome game. Hopefully I'll be heading to every Washington event we have as well as heading out of state to big tournies like CB and maybe CEOtaku (next year, cant make them this year). I really want to give a thank you to @hilaryyy and @Hawt Salsa for doing a really good job running the tournament, @Skarmand for being super open to hang out and help everyone get better at the game, and literally every single one of you who showed up to play Skullgirls. It's so awesome to be around you guys and girls <3

How was the 3/5 format for time?
Zero problems, the thing that caused the most delay was waiting for stream matches.

Did SG run behind at all?
Not even a little. As Skarmand said, we lost time to other games and were still fine.

@hilaryyy @severine (@choosegoose I have no idea if you have an SH account) YOU ARE THE BEST HOSTS, I can't even believe you have the ability to be so continually nice and amazing.

I...I want a VSav cabinet now, reallllllllly bad.

Reactions: hilaryyy
@Mike_Z Does the KI cab not use normal JAMMA stuff?

a VSAV CPS2 should be pretty easy to swap around, ST and Alpha games as well

We were bigger this year and had different groups that went off in our separate directions, so I didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I wanted to with everyone. I'm a lot more introverted than I'd like to be, but just because I don't say much doesn't mean I don't love being around all of you.
@DawnHibiki @Shadowfury333, I enjoyed meeting you guys! Sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

@Maddie You have so much positive energy, and it's great hanging out with you. I wish we could do it more often!
DawnHibiki: snores like a FUCKING TRUCK, rages through the bracket, then apparently catches a plane home before getting his prize money. Kind of a god.

DawnHibiki: snores like a FUCKING TRUCK, rages through the bracket, then apparently catches a plane home before getting his prize money. Kind of a god.

Yeah, about that snoring. I was honestly a big afraid you'd choke on your own tongue, there, Dawn. I'd recommend getting that checked, but I'm assuming you'd have to pay for that.

@choosegoose I have no idea if you have an SH account)
i keep it solely for the possible shoutouts.

shoutouts: to everyone who came. i had a really good time and even though i think i did the same amount of driving as last year, i felt like i played more vid gams and hung out with more people.

nice.

@hilaryyy
Yeah, but not a Capcom kick harness.

@DawnHibiki
Actually hey, um, do you know who has your prize money or do they know where to contact you? You DID leave without getting paid, as far as we know...

I was an awkward fuck like usual, so I guess I'll go ahead and give a couple shout outs. I was also hanging out with Killer Instinct community so sorry if i didn't talk to you.

Thank you to my roommates @DawnHibiki @Shadowfury333 and @MysteriousJ . You guys were cool roommates and it was fun hanging out with you guys.

Congrats to @Skarmand for winning SG and being cool. Sorry we didn't talk a lot.

It was nice seeing you again@Mike_Z. It was cool hearing your advice to @Shadowfury333 cause it also helped me a bit as well. I still really like that shirt you wear to every major I see you at haha.

GG's to Kendall Fear and @Natezer for the tournament matches. Especially Natezer, it was really close. Nice runback you did haha.

@Hawt Salsa It was nice meeting you and thank you for organizing SG. You are a really cool person and I wish I got to talk to you more.

um...I think for the most part everyone else kinda didn't notice me or I said like a sentence to you.

So yeah, it was fun guys. Hope to see most of you at CB this month.

Reactions: Hawt Salsa
@DawnHibiki
Actually hey, um, do you know who has your prize money or do they know where to contact you? You DID leave without getting paid, as far as we know...

I did not know that I need to get money as well. I had to leave early on Sunday. How much money did I earn?

Shoutouts to @herbvijkl and @Beamsprouts for playing really well and not really catching a lot of attention for it.

Kendall is like the stealthiest growth ever, and Beamsprouts played through that whole tournament without his own controller. My heart broke every time i saw throw > ringlet > botched wavedash, but you still made it all the way to group finals anyways. Good shit and sorry we couldn't find you a converter/pad in time.

HEY HI EVERYONE!

DAWN HAS BEEN PAYED (FINALLY)

So I guess this is the actual final end of the NWM thread. Thank you all again for coming out.

Thank you so much, Salsa! It's always better late than never that I got the money.

Tell the streamers to upload the matches please.

Tell the streamers to upload the matches please.
5 people already have on Twitter and I've personally DM'd the people in charge of that task.
They put priority on SFV's matches to go up and get edited first before they left for another tournament, but they said it will get done.

5 people already have on Twitter and I've personally DM'd the people in charge of that task.
They put priority on SFV's matches to go up and get edited first before they left for another tournament, but they said it will get done.

Hey what's up d00ds?

So SFV5 had priority and Slash told me personally that everything else would be done during dreamhack austin, but that didn't happen. if you look, xrd is currently being uploaded, and I would like to think for the most part he's going to go back from sfv down to upload everything from every stream.

It wont take as long as the SJ9 vods, but they will be uploaded soon. Once again another thing not in my control