• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Apr 7, 2017] Northwest Majors 9 (Des Moines, WA)

Skullgirls will be an official game (stage, stream, etc.), and likely a one-day tournament on Saturday since we had a really good time of it last year.

If you have any questions a local can answer, please feel free to hit up any of the locals on twitter. We'll do our best to check in here too. <3

@hilaryyypnw
@chooseagoose
@____severine
@dangopnw
@hawtsalsa
@tlozSEA

Reactions: RAT__BABY
I'll be there don't let that discourage you from coming though

Gonna look to make it to this again, yeahhhhhhhh

Gonna try but no guarantees (I might even enter sg??????). This unfortunately turned into a cross-country major instead of a $200 tournament.

Cross country is rough, but missing BlazBlue at NWM is a really, really bad move if you can afford it.

I KNOW I REALLY WANT TO GO.

Just depends on what my new part-time job ends up being.
Bring Peanuts with you IMO

I'll try and figure this out for sure. I'll keep everyone updated <3

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Any idea of whether or not Skullgirls is Friday or Saturday yet?

Costs like $400 to go on Fri-Monday and a little over $300 if I show up on Thursday last I checked.

The year I went tickets cost me $299.

I will try.

Put in my time off request for this. Time to waitttt

Might be able to go. It's been a while since I've been to a major. Last one was EVO 2014.

hey guys im still at the burger king with shade can someone give us directions to the venue pls

hey could we go to that meme video game restaurant thing? I missed out in 2015

I'll be there just like last time~

somebody should let me sleep in their room :eyes:

Is there a room sharing thread somewhere?

What's with the team tournament? Anyone doing that? I probably won't enter that because I doubt I'll have a teammate

edit: also rooms????

I think most people have entered the 2v2, and many do not have a partner.
You should be good.

A friend from Reno might come up here and he'd need a teammate. Will update as soon as I know for sure.

Alright def going need a room hmu asap my guy

Not really sure if I'm gonna make it to this.

Personal stuff, also may not have the money.

here's to hope!

So uh

I get here in the middle of the day on Thursday. Which is fine, but is anyone else actually gonna be around? I can change my flight to get in Friday morning/afternoon if need be.

I'm coming in Friday at 12:39 AM and leave Monday at 12:15 AM. Registered for SG and Melty. That's the only flight I could get so.. uh, yup.
Shout outs to @Midiman for making this possible at all, because he's the only reason I'm able to do this. For real.

Set to show up Thursday Afternoon and leaving Monday afternoon. Gonna be a lotta fun yea