• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Are there any safe blockstrings for Double?

Captain Murasa

Very Casual Scrub
Reaction score
Steam
~/id/CaptMurasa (I change my IGN consistently. And do PM me before you add me thanks!)
Double Beowulf
Topic.

Right now being the scrub I am, I'm wondering if there's any safe blockstrings for Double because sometimes I usually spam c.LK -> s.MK or sometimes throw a LP/LK (both standing or crouching) or do a j.LK to approach but that always leaves me open to someone pushing me back and then getting punished.

How would one check for blockstrings anyway on Steam? (I don't have access to another controller to use...)

Thanks in advance. =D

Safe blockstring and safe against pushblock are 2 different things.

In short because of pbgc, which I won't go int here, there is no 100% safe blockstring in the game. But a safe on block, string with double should be cr.lk,st.mk x 2, cr.hp xx mp shot.

I don't know if the mp shot is safe from cr.hp...but it should be.

With double you should be able to do cr.lk,st.mk as a hitconfirm, and if both of those hit, then do another st.mk into st.hk launch.

The easiest way to test if a blockstring is tight is to record the dummy doing a reversal (like Updo, or whatever), then set it up to playback as a reversal, then set it up to always block. Then just do blockstrings. If you get hit with Updo, what you were doing wasn't a true blockstring.

Technically MP shot isn't safe on block, it's just that c.HP xx MP shot usually pushes the opponent far enough back that they can't punish it. So that's something to keep in mind.

My normal block string with Double is c.lk > s.mk > s.hk > qsf.mp There is a small gap in between the hk and mp gun shot that is unsafe but is not easy to punish so is usually my go to pressure string.

If they start to punish you consistently then try mixing it up with some j.hp pressure, Double doesn't need to pressure them from the ground only.

Last edited:
My normal block string with Double is c.lk > s.mk > s.hk > qsf.mp There is a small gap in between the hk and mp gun shot that is unsafe but is not easy to punish so is usually my go to pressure string.

If they start to punish you consistently then try mixing it up with some j.hp pressure, Double doesn't need to pressure them from the ground only.

Yeah I used to use that until age and my other playing buddy started to pushblock the st.mk, make the st.hk wiff and then get free pressure with filias iad to jump over the mp shot... Now I've been using the string that domo uses since a month or 2 before evo. Seems much better all around except for:

@Domo is special

That string isn't tight unfortunately, at least in sde. I learned this the hard way against a Bella player that consistently mashed lock and load into grab super to punish it.

The first string I mentioned is cause mike myself and some others were discussing this exact same scenario and he mentioned that the cr.hp was a tight string.

I still use st.hp though... No reason to drop the string cause of one player. But in case I do play against some other people that consistently punish it... I plan to be ready with the cr.hp variant.

If they try to punish you can cancel into Car

Mike told me that cr.LK,s.MK,MK,cr.HK xx M Shot is like -7, IIRC, if anyone cares. It's probably what Double is left at when M Shot is done at an ender at most ranges.

What I've been doing against smart pushblock punishes is H Shot. It's mad punishable, but pretty funny.

This whole "Double ain't got shit for blockstrings" thing she has going is kind of why I now shy away from anchor Double.

Mike told me that cr.LK,s.MK,MK,cr.HK xx M
This whole "Double ain't got shit for blockstrings" thing she has going is kind of why I now shy away from anchor Double.
Never heard that one before lol
Ending anything in a Fire ball has been my go to block string since the 3s days. :D

Never heard that one before lol
Ending anything in a Fire ball has been my go to block string since the 3s days. :D
I've definitely been punished for M gun. Doesn't happen often because people tend to think it's safe, but it's not.

Damn, ha I dunno then.

I don't recall anytime where I get punished after a blockstring...

But I mean... catheads WERE 1 meter hahaha

Damn, ha I dunno then.

I don't recall anytime where I get punished after a blockstring...

But I mean... catheads WERE 1 meter hahaha

Supers also didn't use to start at like... -2

Not actually related to the subject of safe blockstrings, but...

Mixing M shot with Flesh Dash make for some interesting mix-ups at the right range.

If the opponent pushes me back before the end of the string, I often use st.HP (if it looks safe enough for the match-up) and cancel it with Flesh Dash either after it hits or immediately before.