• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Are You Ready For An Encore? Skullgirls Is Finally Back On Consoles!

I just bought the game. Worth it. I still have to wonder about that voucher.

Sony gone done it again, lets hope when Xbox version drops that Microsoft remembers to patch all the games. . .speaking of that why is it that Microsoft can just update the game but on PS3 you have to get a brand new game. . .pretty funny how it works
It may have to be a brand new game on XBox also, we just learned, depending on what kind of jerk Konami wants to be.
So yeah.

Finally. Ugh, and the worst part is I've also got the 360 version coming to me. Thought at this point, I'm surprised Lab Zero's even bothering with a 360 release of Encore.

Finally. Ugh, and the worst part is I've also got the 360 version coming to me. Thought at this point, I'm surprised Lab Zero's even bothering with a 360 release of Encore.

We're not going to abandon anyone, but... this shit is fucking ridiculous.

MS Japan is more concerned about Konami's feelings than about getting everyone the latest version of the game, more or less.

Ok I got mine. Just message me if you guys need a code.

Anyone else see that little exchange before Marie 300%? Squigs saying you have to be at her story first then Marie gets pissed about as she put it "being trolled"? DO IT!! Oops, misread it. They were talking about the delay of Squig's story mode (forgot about that)

Make a new profile on your PS3. Then when signing up for PSN choose United States as your country. Don't add a billing address and make sure to use a new email from Google or something.

To add funds you can buy PSN cards.

Trust me, I have a Japanese and EU account on mine as well as my US home account, I've done this before lol
aahh~ i wonder what would happen faster, me getting an american psn card mailed out or the game coming out here.
we waited like a month for the orginal hhhhhhhh.
just wish I knew where to ask.

I keep getting an error message when I try to run the PlaystationStore update. T_T

aahh~ i wonder what would happen faster, me getting an american psn card mailed out or the game coming out here.
You can just pay for the card codes. I suggest Play-Asia.

Best nap I've taken. Woke up and saw the time and almost tripped trying to get to my ps. Viva la Skullgirls!

Is quick match super broken for anyone else?

Reactions: SkyKingJ
Is quick match super broken for anyone else?

Quick match is SUPER broken.

- People getting D/C trying to join me
- Me getting D/C as soon as ping is displayed
- Says "Joining" but never actually joins
- PS3 Freezing when a match ends and having to restart

got my code finally:)

PlayStationStore update finally stopped screwing up. And now for the game.

...Has... has anyone else noticed that Encore looks WAY sharper than the original build???
On my TV right now... things like lighting effects, the character's outlines and the character portraits on the select screens are so much sharper... is it just me??

Just got mines.(although I was away from my ps3 for awhile) Have fun everyone!

There is nowhere to ask. Lab Zero don't know, and they won't know until Sony tell them (Who likely don't currently know). As soon as LZ find out, it'll be posted here on Skullheart, I assure you.

If you do get the US PSN version now, do remember that you'll be restricted to buying DLC for that version from the US PSN forever. It won't be much of an issue with the characters being free for 3 months an' all, but if there's future color packs and the like you'll need to top up your account again with US PSN cards.

I can attest to every single last one of those. Also:

- Blank screen when the ping is supposed to come up

One of our programmers says that PSN has been "acting wacky" tonight, so it might be just a temporary thing.

I don't think most of this could've possibly gotten by SCEA test, so I'm inclined to believe that's what's going on.

Mike has already fixed the match end freeze bug, though. We're planning on submitting a minor patch soon to fix that and some other things Sony waived for us.

Besides me has anyone else still not received their vouchers?

...Has... has anyone else noticed that Encore looks WAY sharper than the original build???
On my TV right now... things like lighting effects, the character's outlines and the character portraits on the select screens are so much sharper... is it just me??
Encore priortizes 720 over 1080 if both exist on your TV, the original game prioritized 1080. It's quite probable that your TV does a crap job on 1080 like mine does. :^P

[edit]
CAN WE GET A BUGS THREAD FOR QUICK MATCH so I can find things and people having problems all in one place?

Was fun playing Skullgirls again for real for the first time in months, played nothing but quick match.

I met my goal, so done with quick match forever, time to move on to actually learning how to play Encore, Squigly tech, and real games in player match.

You might have gotten used to the seriously scaled-down stuff you had to do on PC version.

Just buy a card.

Don't be like me and GG +R, I felt stupid for the longest time.

when I got my voucher I was like:
Sorry not sorry I love the english opening of Oban

We're not going to abandon anyone, but... this shit is fucking ridiculous.

MS Japan is more concerned about Konami's feelings than about getting everyone the latest version of the game, more or less.
Maybe SG2 should be have some MMMMMM limited exclusivity in the future?

I dont received the voucher yet, could be a problem that I bought SG from a Game Stop Code not from PSN directly, anyone who bought the same code already received the voucher?

PD: yeah, my first PS3 game was SG.

BgXIHwCCUAEZdNP.jpg:large

Got my voucher at 10:02 pm last night!

I had problems when trying to online "quick match" takes for ever....

Quick Match was running generally fine this morning. Played from about 9-11am EST. A few error messages here and there, but I played a handful of matches without major issues.

I dont received the voucher yet, could be a problem that I bought SG from a Game Stop Code not from PSN directly, anyone who bought the same code already received the voucher?

PD: yeah, my first PS3 game was SG.

BgXIHwCCUAEZdNP.jpg:large

Yeah, the XMB mailing list was pulled from PSN transactions, so codes bought from Gamestop, etc. wouldn't get vouchers.

Working on getting some codes for you guys right now, but need to figure out the size of the problem, first.

Quick Match was running generally fine this morning. Played from about 9-11am EST. A few error messages here and there, but I played a handful of matches without major issues.

Yeah, I think you guys overloaded our server allocation last night, which is why things were being so wonky. We're going to look into it and fiddle around behind the scenes to improve it further.

Reactions: Wenzel