• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Argus agony failure

Kalaner

Whipped Cream Dog
Reaction score
Peacock Big Band Cerebella
maybe its supposed to happen idk
EDIT: argus hits, but doesnt hit on the eye lasers part

Last edited:
it hit the enemy. what actually failed on it?

It dropped after the initial big laser.
But since they didn't have dummy block on, Double just got picked up again.

i think the problem is in the position and the fact double was already falling.

funny thing is, autoblock after first hit was on too

yea argus will sometimes drop the second part its down to height/positioning/hitboxes etc. its been that way since vanilla.

I think I know what's happening here.

From what I understand, Eyes of Argus whiffed on its last hit because Double fell into it. Thus, as she was pushed up from each hit, she missed the last one. Remember that Eyes of Argus and similar attacks go by a lot faster if they hit nothing. Because it missed the last hit, Double resumed her fall a tad bit early. Since Double hit the ground, the hitstun was cut short, the combo ended, and the game treats the second part of Argus Agony as a new combo, thus why Double didn't block it.

Your combo should still work if you wait a while after the Timpani Drive to use Horn Crush such so that Argus Agony's laser gets all hits. The timing may be tricky, but it should be possible.