• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

as a newer player, where should I invest resources?

Doongle

professional beat maker
Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/whosentyouhere/
Big Band
I have just reached level 21 and started to realize that I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I assume now that it's still best to spend all the theonite on premiere relics still as I don't have too many heroes but I'm not sure where to use gold.

as it stands I do have 3 gold characters, 6 silvers and a handful of bronze. Would I be better off upgrading blockbusters and special moves or should I invest more in the trees (when skill points are available)

With moves, level them up to level 3, unless it's a gold move you absolutely love. Even then, early game you should be focusing on improving your Characters overall, while still unlocking the bonuses on your moves.

With moves, level them up to level 3, unless it's a gold move you absolutely love. Even then, early game you should be focusing on improving your Characters overall, while still unlocking the bonuses on your moves.

I see, yeah I usually try to unlock the lvl 3 bonus if the special has it.

At what point should I start pulling for gold moves instead of characters (if ever, I'm not even sure how much gold benefits over a bronze other than the random stats)

I have just reached level 21 and started to realize that I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I assume now that it's still best to spend all the theonite on premiere relics still as I don't have too many heroes but I'm not sure where to use gold.

as it stands I do have 3 gold characters, 6 silvers and a handful of bronze. Would I be better off upgrading blockbusters and special moves or should I invest more in the trees (when skill points are available)
Invest in characters, not moves. Hell you can even win every fight without equipping any moves if you time your blocks right and know the infinite combo trick for every character.

I see, yeah I usually try to unlock the lvl 3 bonus if the special has it.

At what point should I start pulling for gold moves instead of characters (if ever, I'm not even sure how much gold benefits over a bronze other than the random stats)
Probably near late game , if ever. Gold moves have higher damage, but with most specials it's not a super important thing to have for fights. Also, keep in mind that you can get gold moves from the expert daily events.

Probably near late game , if ever. Gold moves have higher damage, but with most specials it's not a super important thing to have for fights. Also, keep in mind that you can get gold moves from the expert daily events.

I'm still struggling to complete the advanced ones lol, but thanks for the tip :)

I'm still struggling to complete the advanced ones lol, but thanks for the tip :)
Once you have enough powerful characters, the basic and advanced daily events all feel like a chore that you'd have to go through before getting to the expert one where you get gold specials and blockbusters.

Once you have enough powerful characters, the basic and advanced daily events all feel like a chore that you'd have to go through before getting to the expert one where you get gold specials and blockbusters.

We will be making all difficulty event tiers accessible by default in our next update.