• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Assist that adds undizzy in last chain of FC causes burst in FCs w/ DHC mid-combo.

Zephyrel

Hmph.
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Steam
Zephyreles
Peacock Big Band Cerebella
This came up when @Hilary posted a video and asked why Undizzy was popping.

Testing things out, I couldn't come up with an answer for him, because all normal, full combos that are ended with an assist and then super doesn't pop undizzy.

Then I noticed that maybe this case only occurs in combos that have had a Super DHC mid-combo and then continued to full. So I went in and tried testing it out.
Running Big Band (assist Brass Knuckles H), Cereella (Excellabella), Peacock (George H, adds no undizzy[...!?]), I did the following combo midscreen starting with BB.

c.LK, c.MK, s.HP; j.MP, j.HP, Cymbal Clash H; A-Train H; Horn Crush DHC Dynamo (We're in the corner now); c.LK (OTG) c.MK; j.MP j.HK (restand); c.MP s.HP Pommel Horse; s.LP (x2) c.MP s.HK + Brass H assist, Cerecopter (and if you cared to, Super)

Brass H popped undizzy. and made all subsequent hits of Cereopter Burstable. I replaced Brass H assist with George H assist and it didn't cause Burstable. Being that Brass H made the chain past the undizzy limit, which I thought could be 300, similar to how the assist did up above in Hilary's combo, I thoerized that maybe in a dhc'd-mid-combo, an assist will pop undizzy at a certain trivial amount (thought to be 300) if it adds undizzy and goes past that.

I was wrong on that account too. I replaced the final chain after Pommel Horse with simply s.HK + assist. Brass H popped undizzy with undizzy being at 290 on-hit of Brass H.

Conclusion: If you call assist on the last chain of a Full Combo that has had a DHC'D Super previously in the middle of the combo, that assist, if it adds Undizzy, will pop Undizzy.

Is this a buuuug @Mike_Z ? According to Undizzy rules, this isn't supposed to happen, and this doesn't happen in normal FC's with any/all Super's at the end of the FC.

Last edited:
Your conclusion is not quite there, it's actually
If you combo with Character A to where they can cause undizzy (stage 3+), DHC them out, then call them as an assist in that same combo, they kept their combo stage and will trigger undizzy if they hit when you're above the limit, like normal. DHCing out before they reach stage 3, or calling an undizzy-dealing assist that was not a character which has reached stage 3 previously in that combo, will not trigger it. This also means that DHCing through a character (Fortune in that first video of Dynamo->Fever->Install) will put them in this state, since bringing someone in by DHC puts them at stage 5.

Related to not resetting character info when you DHC out, if you used the move that they are set to use as their assist previously in the combo, DHC them out, then call that assist, it will trigger IPS. For example, Cerebella as Cerecopter with Peacock second, doing (corner) cr.MK /\ j.MP->HK \/ cr.MP->s.HP xx Copter xx Dynamo, DHC Lenny, OTG cr.LP->cr.LK->cr.MP->s.HP + Copter, the Copter will trigger IPS since it was already watched from when Cerebella was in.

It's a bug, but since it's not easy to fix and all it does is limit your options after having done a combo (which I'm all for in this game), let's call it a feature for now. (^.^)

Alright, good to have it cleared up and know this. Thanks Mike. This is some pretty important stuff to know.

...You know what would be funny though?
Using something like this explicitly for burst baits.

Now -that- would be a bit devestating.

Last edited: