• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Aug 19, 2016] Summer Jam X (Essington, Pa)

Chip Blaster

Intermediate Player
Reaction score
Steam
genoisawesome
Parasoul Big Band
Big E Gaming Presents
SJX - Summer Jam X
12794909_1135170756517080_1345669031377889431_o.jpg

DATE: 8/19/2016 - 8/21/2016

76 Industrial Hwy
Essington, Pa.

Check out more info below:

EVENT AND STREAM SCHEDULE:
Come Soon.

POOL ASSIGNMENTS & BRACKETS:
When posted, you'll find them here: http://bigegaming.challonge.com/

Emergency On-site Registration Fee - $60 (Does not guarantee you seeding by location or otherwise!)
Spectator Fee - $25 for the weekend

RULES:
Official rules for all games and tournaments can be found at www.bigegaming.com

STREAMS:
http://bigegaming.com/live-stream/

*Important rules regarding controllers*
- All converters, except for the XCM Crossfire 3.0 and Brook super converters, are banned on PS4. You must use an USB extension cable with your Brook converter to prevent damage to our consoles' controller ports.
- Cronus converters are banned on XBOX360.

MAIN TOURNAMENTS ($10 entry fee per game):

*Playstation 3*
Blazblue Chronophantasma (new version)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Guilty Gear (new version)
Under Night In-Birth: EXE
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Tag 1
King of Fighters 13

*Playstation 4*
SFV - ( Capcom Ranking Event)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - FREE entry. (Battle Circuit Event)
Mortal Kombat XL
Skull Girls

*Xbox 360*
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Ultra Street Fighter IV

*Xbox One*
Killer Instinct -

Super Smash Bros For Wii U
Pokken Tournament

The Arcade Room will be Back.

More info will be posted later.

Eric "Big E" Small
267-231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

More Big E Gaming:
http://twitter.com/BigEGaming
http://bigegaming.com/
http://bigegaming.challonge.com/

Last edited:
I have officially pre-registered for:
Skullgirls
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
BlazBlue
Guilty Gear
Uniel
Pokken

I'm going to be busy as FUCK

Hey everyone! You can now reserve your hotel room!
In order to receive the below discount prices, ask for NEC Summer Jam group block.
Hotel Phone #: 610-521-9600
$99.00 Single
$109.00 Double
$119.00 Triple
$129.00 Quad
You must reserve rooms by 7/28/16.
If you have any questions or issues, please let Big E Gaming know.

YOU MUST USE THE PHONE TO BOOK THE ROOMS AT THESE RATES

Been a while since I've posted here - King of Fighters 14 is officially at this tournament now, too.
That's pretty much the only new news I have.
See whomever is going to this there.

Is it specified when the actual SkullGirls tournament starts? I see three days listed here but sometimes the tournament starts a day later or only goes for two of the three days, and so on.

Saturday into Sunday, I'm assuming, but I'll let you know when I learn more

Oh sweet, I didn't even notice they added 3rd Strike!

Despite a few hiccups (Top 8 being reduced to Top 4 due to lack of entrants/people having conflicting tournament times during the spot that was supposed to be Top 8/tournament setups NOT GETTING THERE from UPS, neither of which were Big E's fault), I can say that this tournament was rather good, and that Big E does seem to try his best.

Did the winners get their payouts? Just figured I'd ask now so that there are no problems.

Big E does seem to try his best.
This is good to hear. Hope he keeps it up and there's better luck next time, but I'm glad you guys had a good time.

I didn't see setups at 11:45, asked around and was told SG was pushed back, and thought that was actually a relief as I could run back to the arcade room for 3s and not have to worry about missing matches for either. Only much later did I find out that despite what I was told SG pools were somehow still at 12 (so where were the setups anyway?) and I missed it. ;_;

I didn't see setups at 11:45, asked around and was told SG was pushed back, and thought that was actually a relief as I could run back to the arcade room for 3s and not have to worry about missing matches for either. Only much later did I find out that despite what I was told SG pools were somehow still at 12 (so where were the setups anyway?) and I missed it. ;_;

Setups were on the middle table. I'm sorry to hear that happened.
If you go to NEC, I'll throw you the 10 dollars that you spent to sign up specifically for Skullgirls, I hope anything else you played in you had fun in.

Reactions: missingno
Setups were on the middle table. I'm sorry to hear that happened.
If you go to NEC, I'll throw you the 10 dollars that you spent to sign up specifically for Skullgirls, I hope anything else you played in you had fun in.
Aw, you totally don't have to do that. It's not like it's about the money for me.

I did win two matches in 3s, which is two more than I expected, so that's certainly something.

Big E does seem to try his best
Top 8 being reduced to Top 4 due to lack of entrants
I don't think these things are compatible. There's nothing about having low entrants that makes it harder to stream the top 8. GUTS 2 had 8 entrants and by god we streamed the entire top 8

That wasn't the only factor - a lot of players had other tournaments at the time top 8 was supposed to be, so making it top 4 allowed them to participate in the other games they had paid to play in as well.

Shout out to everybody who came out for the windjammers tournament! We are aiming to have the next Windjammers Pro Tour (WPT) tournament at NEC! Stay tuned!

Reactions: Chip Blaster
That wasn't the only factor - a lot of players had other tournaments at the time top 8 was supposed to be, so making it top 4 allowed them to participate in the other games they had paid to play in as well.
So it was bad scheduling causing conflicts with SG, and the solution was to cut SG's stream time to top 4.

????

Sage and Sonic are frequently in other games while they are needed for matches, but you just run the other matches first and then them as late as possible.

Reactions: Receita Federal