• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Aug 24, 2014] Akihabara Skullgirls Meetup and Tournament (Akihabara, Tokyo)

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
I was just informed of this last night, so apologies for the late notice!
If any of you Japan based players are around Tokyo tomorrow, be sure to stop in to the E-Sports Square in Akihabara for some SG goodness! I'll give a rough translation of the event page below, but you can find the original Japanese here: http://e-sports-square.com/stadium/event/2762/

Akihabara ESports Square Map.png

This event is being aimed at both competitive players and rookies, so regardless of your skill level if you like Skullgirls just show up for some games or mingling! There'll also be some SG goods on sale at the event, though I'm not entirely sure what kind. After the gaming event has finished up we'll all be going out for food. The food is optional though, so if you just want to stay for games, that's fine!

General Timetable:
13:00~18:00 - Games in the E-Sports complex.
19:00~21:00 - Dinner afterwards.

Price:
  • Entrance Fee: 3000円
If you're staying for the dinner afterwards, it'll cost a bit extra:
  • Dinner:2000円
  • +All you can drink soft drinks: 1000円
  • +All you can drink alcohol: 2000円
Detailed Timetable:

12:00~13:00 - Setup

13:00~13:20 - Greetings and explanations

13:20~14:30 - Free play

14:30~16:30 - Continue free play. If a lot of people want the event there'll be a Red vs White team tournament or something.

16:30~18:00 - More free play and cleanup.

18:00~19:00 - Start heading out for dinner (and maybe a Rock Paper Scissor tournament. Jankenpon!)

19:00~21:00 - Dinner time.

21:00 - Finish for the night and possibly head to the arcade if people want it.

Last edited:
Did anyone make it to this?

Yup. About 30 people. I should probably have said something here I guess..

It was a very casual meetup. A dozen setups were available and people just played freeplay for most of the day. The tournament was in two sections: The first phase every player was given 8 tokens. You went around playing people and betting one token on a best of 3. First 8 people to get 15 tokens were put into a top 8 single elim bracket.

It was a pretty fun system, though obviously open to being rigged super easy. Cat_Drugs made top 8, and Baiken won the day. His prize was an... interesting poster of Peacock and Double. Use your imagination. Or don't. Preferably don't.

Reactions: Dime
Thanks for that cellsai.

Any info on the japanese scene is welcome. So baiken wins another unofficial sg tournament. Where does inuchiyo figure into this scenario. Ive heard hes the best but i dont think anyone's seen his scene or his play outside of evo.

So his side of the japanese playstyle is extremely mysterious.

Any info on the japanese scene is welcome. So baiken wins another unofficial sg tournament. Where does inuchiyo figure into this scenario. Ive heard hes the best but i dont think anyone's seen his scene or his play outside of evo.
So his side of the japanese playstyle is extremely mysterious.
Inochiyo was not at this event for whatever reason. It was streamed though: http://www.twitch.tv/threetree18

Reactions: Dime