• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

nah I'm down with hollywood lava since it's (heh) cooler than the normal stuff
Yeah. They got magical element powers. Its not a problem.

And Varrick's EMP was amazing.

Okay, let's see...the Spirits got mad when people messed with trees at the South Pole, Wan Shi Tong moved his library into the trees after he got pissed, Koh lives in a tree, Vaatu was stuck in a tree for thousands of years, Huu wrecked people that messed with the trees, and now Toph lives in those trees. This is all in a world where humans, for millennia, could barely last a day in the woods without getting tortured by Spirits, and now the portals are OPEN?

You'd think at some point, these people would finally get the memo: "You can fuck with the Avatar, but DON'T FUCK WITH THE TREES!"

Okay, let's see...the Spirits got mad when people messed with trees at the South Pole, Wan Shi Tong moved his library into the trees after he got pissed, Koh lives in a tree, Vaatu was stuck in a tree for thousands of years, Huu wrecked people that messed with the trees, and now Toph lives in those trees. This is all in a world where humans, for millennia, could barely last a day in the woods without getting tortured by Spirits, and now the portals are OPEN?

You'd think at some point, these people would finally get the memo: "You can fuck with the Avatar, but DON'T FUCK WITH THE TREES!"

I think it has to do with human stupidity. Like, it takes us a while as a species before all of us finally learn, "Oh, I get it, now, I'm NOT supposed to fuck with the trees!"

Varrick's EMP now? Call Triforce!

But seriously, man. Kuvira's good. Really good. Azula level good.

I mean seriously, at the end of the previous episode Junior told Kuvira that Varrick and Bolin "definitely died". Kuvira went ahead and sent out wanted posters for the two anyway, knowing fully that unless you find the actual corpses, they could've just jumped off the train. Nothing gets past this woman.

Heads up, the next episode is a clip show.

To sum it up, Nick slashed their budget, so it was either make a clip show or let go of crew members. Roughly 5 minutes of the episode will have new footage, but they took cues from the episode of Samurai Champloo where Mugen and Jin read Fuu's diary. So even though it's mostly re-used footage, the episode will at least have something new to offer.

So basically, Nick Zhu-Li'd Korra's production team but Bryan ultimately chose not to Varrick them early. It took me a long time to accept the whole situation. Seeing as Korra and Beowulf updates are basically what's motivating me to get through week after week of grad school (read: Hell), not getting a new episode that advances the story is heartbreaking. But whatever, at least I still get Beowulf updates. DON'T DROP THE BALL ON ME MIKEZ

Seeing as there are 5 episodes left after this I'm wondering if we're going to get one stand-alone episode and then a 4-episode movie like how A:TLA ended. Because that would be outstanding.

Last edited:
The entire thing was worth it for that Amon/Vaatu/Zaheer/Uniloq conference call.
I will agree on that.

You know what ? I'd pay all of my money to see Varick's movie come to life.

And what's more they knew Unalaq was an annoying guy...seriously this is my favourite episode so far

n5dva3ct.jpg

Damn... if looks could kill, you wouldn’t be able to read this.

Wow. Those spirits are the most useless, mooching, aggravating pieces of garbage ever. Korra should close the portals again. Those spirits don't deserve to live in the human world.

So....who the f*ck is Kanto ?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
welp
welp
welp welp welp
that was a thing
a big thing

Shit she has a Jaeger now... and Megatron's Fusion cannon! Kuvira OP, please nerf.

And please tell me there's going to be a Spirit Kaiju beating the shit out of that thing. Please!!!

That thing looks so fuckin' unstable.
I don't know how the knockback from the spirit cannon doesn't send that thing toppling over.

In that case the solution is to throw a decently sized rock at it's head when Kuvira isn't watching.

maybe that WILL be the solution
you knever know

Just one more week and I can finally watch this train wreck come to a halt.

Just one more week and I can finally watch this train wreck come to a halt.
What are your standards for a good cartoon? Cause, I mean, even if this isn't the best cartoon ever, there are much worse out there. I don't see how this season is all that horrible. I'm enjoying myself, at least.

It's been kinda a train wreck but only because Nick keeps tossing shit onto the tracks.
All things considered though, seasons 3 and 4 have turned out really good.

Reactions: Jutsei
WHEN IS THE FINALE PREVIEW

Cold-blooded...

damn
just damn
that was a lot to take in
but all I can say is that
they fuckin' ended it on Korrasami and I could not be more proud
even if that shit ain't canon their friendship was one of the most beautiful things in the entire show

I'll miss the Avatar universe
we've been through some thick and thin together
but I enjoyed the ride overall
really hope they get the chance to return to it again one day, if only for a little while

See you Space Korra

FINALLY, I'LL SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT WHEN I'M DONE WITH THE MARATHON.

THAT ENDING

Wow, nothing but respect.

Guess I don't need to spoiler it here since it was already mentioned, but hot dog the Korrasami subreddit's gonna blow up tonight.

You have internalized true suffering in order to be more compassionate to others, even your enemies. Korra, I think you're gonna be a fantastic avatar and an excellent example for the next 10,000 years of Avatars.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie I'm gonna miss the Avatar universe and all the characters, but good things must come to an end. Even though the show had it's ups and downs at the end of the day it was still an excellent television show. What a great ending to one of this generation's greatest cartoons.

EDIT: Also yay for #TeamKorrasami

Well, I think there's something important that we all took from those last episodes.
Prince Wu is really good at improv songwriting.
jk, it's that Tahno plays a mean trombone.

That aside though, yeah I'd be surprised if we never heard from this universe again.
Given how popular it was I can definitely see SOMEONE doing a reboot or a spin-off or a live action movie of some kind (it baffles me how that hasn't been done yet).

And, uh, a bravo to Korrasami for the surprise win in endgame shipping, you deserve it.
At least my OTP of Korra x Inner Peace made it through, I'm happy for that.

So, yeah, all around a solid close to a (mostly (at least half)) solid show, I was really glad with how it ended.

Oh, something I really, really liked about the finale:

You know all those people who were hating on the design of Kuvira's super weapon? "Oh! It's a bipedal robot! It's the most unstable design possible! All you have to do is knock it over and it can't get back up!" Well... the good guys tried that. They tried to destabilize the ground beneath the robot. They tried to do the Battle of Hoth thing with cables. They threw a building at it. None of those things worked. Yeah, the building took the robot down, but it just got back up. She was a formidible foe.