• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Awful at Pressure

Reaction score
Steam
LazyDiablos
PSN
LazyDiablos
Ms. Fortune Eliza
My general strategy is to capitalize on someone's mistake when they are pressuring me but when it's my turn to go on the attack all i can do is jump in. do some terrible mix up that works 20% of the time and an then get push blocked. Is there any way i can improve my pressure.

With the info you're giving, it's kinda hard to say anything.

Generally, the answer lies in "vary what you're doing". For example:
- Jump in as usual, but instead of doing a j.HP, just do an empty jump (not pressing a button in the air) block and press throw as you land. [This takes care of: AA DPs/Supers which you'd normally get hit by (now you block them instead and can punish); plus the default defence of "Standguard on the jumpin, then crouchblock as soon as the opponent lands" (which currently gets you pushblocked out, but now the opponent will wait for that jump attack to come, then panic as he notices it's not coming at all, and while he tries to react via downbacking earlier than usual, you just break his guard with the Throw)]
- Most people pushblock on prediction rather than on reaction. They know "This guy is gonna press a c.LK now", so they hold downback and PP with a specific timing. Just block and delay your c.LK a bit [This takes care of: Randomly mashed supers/whatever (since you're blocking~), and if the opponent tried to pushblock, they now get a backdash instead during which they can't block = your c.LK hits them out of it]
- Mix up your default offence with unsafe things that "make no sense" after you have conditioned your opponent to a certain behaviour; ie with Parasoul Dash s.f.LP [This loses to just about anything the opponent can do, but Dash c.LK is *really good* and beats most buttons the opponent could press on reaction. So after they're used to you doing Dash c.LK, where their defence is to just downback and not touch the buttons, mix it up with Dash 6LP and overhead their face in]
etc

If you want more detailed/specific help, you'd have to say what exactly you're doing with what character, where the opponent pushblocks, how often you tried out to vary your offense + what the results of that were, etc

well my most common jump in with fukua is j.mp c.lk c.mk fiber assist then heavy shadow. the problem is they usually crossme up after the failed attempt while i desperately try to block and in two or three crossup/mixups i get combo'd into oblivion. i also don't know how to get out of the opponents pressure aside from calling an assisst and when to counter into my own