• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Back in Business - Minette thread

So what parts of Minette are clothes and what parts are scales and fins? When she's not wearing stocking and an apron everyone seems to draw her different!
It's simple.

She is nude. She was born into the waitress life. There was never a choice for her.

*nods* Yup, it's part of the Dagonian life cycle. Whatever apron grows determines their future. Waitress for Minette. Chef for Yu-Wan. Stanley got a lab coat so he had to become a scientist.

16MI2pT.jpg

Seriously though, I think the sleeves of thick scales and yellow fins on her arms are inseparable. However, in Ms. Fortune's story mode, some inconsistent coloring may bring doubts on what is officially part of her design.

nQElZTj.jpg

I dunno, Dagonian biology is weird. Yu-Wan either has gills or deep slashes in his arms. Either option would be hazardous to his health.
RIARDFs.png

Minette's skin is a constantly shifting landscape of gross, fleshy scales.
Patterns and designs sink and resurface constantly, most think it's due to some kind of skin parasite in the vein of Eliza's skeleton parasite, but in actuality the exact reason behind these transformations is entirely unknown to science and the trinity alike.

It's simple. She is nude.
Does this mean we need to NSFW tag all art of Minette now?

Yes. You perverse lot should see yourselves to the door.

Wait...

Does this mean Yu-Wan's is a nudie bar?

Well, their customers seem to be only pushy thugs. So, maybe?

According to this thread, Minette is...

A. A naked fish girl
B. An Eldritch abomination
C. Wearing only an apron

No, the third one contradicts the first.

The apron is part of "her".

haha, you could almost rework that into a haiku.

Their choices DDB, so "A" incorporates the apron theory. ;)

I'm surprised this thread took this long to return. Minette was/is quite popular. She was in the top 4 for the first character vote.

2fr1Zmp.jpg

I didn't vote for her (Annie and Venus were my picks), but she came very close.

Minette is a living contradiction.
Neither clothed or nude.
Between fish and man.
Lungs and gills coagulate into a single monstrous form.

"What IS a shirt?"

(Annie and Venus were my picks)
Good stuff. We needed more like you.

So does this mean she's been going naked apron-style this whole time?

God, that's hot.

I'm surprised this thread took this long to return. Minette was/is quite popular. She was in the top 4 for the first character vote.
...And we still don't have an Aeon thread.

To be fair, I think I created the Aeon fanbase with my power to bend reality so that I never get what I want.

They appeared, they voted Aeon, they disappeared.

*nods* Yup, it's part of the Dagonian life cycle. Whatever apron grows determines their future. Waitress for Minette. Chef for Yu-Wan. Stanley got a lab coat so he had to become a scientist.
I am 100% behind this.

How do Dagonians breath outside of water?

From the looks of it, Dagonians appear to have the evolutionary redundancy of possessing both gills and lungs. So they can choose which respiration method for water or land. Maybe some of the more mammalian types (like dolphin) hold their breath when going for a swim.

Here's some fantastic fanart that I think solves the what is clothes and what is not problem:

Minette
by wahae
fyynurM.jpg
She looks to be wearing a blue-gray strapless top and yellow gym shorts. Then a few fins around the waist are like the arm scales: non-removable.

Guh I'm ashamed I haven't been on here enough that I missed my girls thread a new DX...well if I had to take a guess on the apron factor the last pic used in BalletBoxer's post way near the beginning of the thread clearly shows she has no apron...
tumblr_mnzf8pQkbU1rnvw1eo1_500.jpg
So until there's an actual illustration that dictates how she looks without the apron for me this is my current belief on how she looks without it. She's cute with or without X3

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Minette without her apron?

But won't that kill her?

Greetings DDB... long time no hear of Annie from ya....(FYI I still respect her and look forward to her inclusion down the road btw)
Regardless of some theories I would still like to see her without the apron on, she for all we know could have an interesting pattern or gill placement we might not know about...just saying

So until there's an actual illustration that dictates how she looks without the apron for me this is my current belief on how she looks without it.
Aye, that's kinda how I figure she is too, though it'd be kinda disappointing if she only had scales on her arms. I do like how so many artists have totally different ideas of where there are scales at the moment though!

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Seeing Minette without the apron makes me think Dagonians are master shapeshifters. Kind of like what TheMightyBox said:

Minette's skin is a constantly shifting landscape of gross, fleshy scales.
Patterns and designs sink and resurface constantly, most think it's due to some kind of skin parasite in the vein of Eliza's skeleton parasite, but in actuality the exact reason behind these transformations is entirely unknown to science and the trinity alike.

Like Mystique from X-Men comics, who molds her mass into any disguise, clothes included, maybe Minette can control her scales and fins. It is unlikely for millions of years of evolution can lead to such a cute "hairstyle" or to grow body scales and fins arranged like a posh dress.

Lunarstep's apron-less Minette image of unknown origin technically is NSFW as she's nude except for the stockings and shoes. :PUN:I wonder if there can be a smaller pun head...

Just as Ferals can harden their parts at will, Dagonians can go a step further and reshape there decorous features.

OR... brace yourselves... its all fake (the "wig" and fishy dress and scale sleeves) and Minette is really a bald, pale blue creature that puts it on like one big costume.

Reactions: Jimbob
....heh never thought about the image not being safe for work....should I technically remove it? ^^;
Also just realized if Minette could somewhat shift her appearance or alter her look then like maybe she could actually alter her appearance just in a way that looks more well imposing? I mean imagine like some extra fins or like her scales become more prominate, she could look a lot more like something that's not to be taken lightly...iono just a thought. Any thoughts on that?

When flustered, the Dagonian expands its scales into a sort of bodyarmor, and a method of fending off its prey.

Unfortunately, the only people who fall for it are other Dagonians.

Reactions: Magma442
Body armors still body armor ^3^

By the looks of things (from the apron-less pic) the scales on her arms are part of her body, but her "dress" is just clothing.

Also, she doesn't remind me so much of a fish as a tadpole, what with that tail-hair-thingy. In any case, I hope she gets added into the game.

It continues the discussion of "what's under the apron" by not shedding any light at all on it.

I still imagine minete wears some kind of undershirt when she wears the action maybe her scales are just part of the undershirt. Could be Dagonian fashion.

I'd like to turn the discussion a bit:
Has anyone considered Minette's yandere tendencies toward Fortune?
Using this reliable source for all things canon, it reveals the love-triangle involving Minette, Robo, and Fortune.

Minette is hostile to Robo due to their touchy-feely relationship, while Robo is concerned for Fortune due to Minette's increasing obsession and controlling tendencies. Don't be surprised when you see this play out in Robo's story mode.

We also know that Minette is not above taking a cleaver to whoever gets in the way of her and Fortune's 'love'.

And if all this wasn't enough....

I believe the truth is clear: behind that moe fish-thing exterior lies a fucking piranha ready to bite your head off. No doubt we would have gotten a nice boat ending in her story mode.

Minette eyes are twitching while oil is stained on her apron overlooking the cut up wires that were once Robo-fortune.

Also that Love triangle generator is....A little off, I think. I typed in Parasoul and Adam and got this........

Actually now that I think about it the triangle speaks the truth, Minette is a killer.

Last edited: