• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Ensemble Options

Anatak

Reaction score
Beowulf Parasoul
Hello everyone - I require some advice.

I've recently jumped back into the game after a long break and have decided to change up my team.
I'm now running Beowulf/Parasoul but I'm unsure which ensamble to take on Beowulf.

I try to play a zoning/keep-away game with Parasoul, so is there a good choice to help me with this?
Right now I'm trying out DFMK (can't remember the name) since it covers diagonal space.
perhaps the diagonal chair toss would be better?

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

You can never go wrong H.Chair Toss L.Chair Toss is also good for catching an opponent off guard. His HP can be good...I mean given that the chair pushes back and doesn't knock down, it can be good for a combo extender or other uses. I'd suggest Chair Toss or HP. HK can also be decent, but it has a lot of startup and generally isn't very effective as an assist, especialyl for a zoning Parasoul, but if you're playing Rushdown, it might be a good interupt-type move.

You can never go wrong H.Chair Toss L.Chair Toss is also good for catching an opponent off guard. His HP can be good...I mean given that the chair pushes back and doesn't knock down, it can be good for a combo extender or other uses. I'd suggest Chair Toss or HP. HK can also be decent, but it has a lot of startup and generally isn't very effective as an assist, especialyl for a zoning Parasoul, but if you're playing Rushdown, it might be a good interupt-type move.

Thank you very much for the input.
I didn't know about the chair pushing back without a knockdown.
That makes it very appealing, since knocking down the opponent allows them to tech-up towards me which safely covers a lot of distance.
I will try that tonight.

Use H hurting Hurl, it's the best assist beowulf has.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Use H hurting Hurl, it's the best assist beowulf has.
Thank you for the advice.
Could you please elborate as to why that is the case?

It's a crossup, it hits on the initial throw and is great a catching ppl in the air. A lot of the time it goes up and people just kind of forget its there. Its a great tool for keepaway as well as just generally being able to open people up.

EDIT: I say Crossup, meant Overhead. Brain got scrambled, sorry.

H Chair is an invincible DP that allows you to get full combos on hit easily, and doubles as a spacecontrol/antizoning assist due to the chair being flung in a wide arc and landing fullscreen.
It is one of this games Top Tier assists and an easy default choice for Beowulf.

L and even M Chair are ok-ish things that help with some stuff and if you really want you can use them, but it's kind of a waste because H Chair is so so soooo good (while eg L Chair is just a worse version of Fukua's L.Shadow)

cHP is his last proper assist choice; that's an option if you run the guy point and plan to do a combo such as "cLK cMK sHK xx L.Chair, Hop jMP, sHK xx Tag to Eliza" on any hit -
Basically the idea is that you get rid of the chair ASAP and then put your Beowulf on anchor, where he provides an armored lockdown assist with a gigantic hitbox.
It's a pretty fun thing to do, but I am unsure whether it is worth the setup (cHP only has 1 hit of armor and very slow startup, so it doesn't really function as a defensive assist).

There's a bunch of other crap you could try (chairless cHK, M Wulf Blitzer) but I am unsure as to how good any of it is, really.
Or rather: I wouldn't run it; but if you like to experiment, go ahead I guess.

TL;DR H Hurl will be the right choice in 99% of cases because it's godlike and his other options are somewhere between "questionable" and "probably ok, I guess?"

Last edited:
Thank you both for your inputs.
That makes the choice very easy, since he wont be my anchor.
I will close the thread.
Thanks again to all those that contributed.

Apologies - I don't know how to close the thread.
Request for admin to close please.