• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Resets

Is ending combos in chair dance a reset? I guess it's not.

Uh the only one I really do is chairless c.HP, c.LP wait c.LK or c.HP, c.LP xx command grab. I think you can also do like chair-on c.HP, j.LP j.LK j.MP, then either air grab or wait for them to land and hop j.MP or empty hop c.LK.

He can hop j.mp pretty much anywhere in a combo, also hop whiff j.light/grab into low/grabs etc. That hop is strong. I'm curious about his crossup reset options.

from P1 side, c.hp, L blitzer, 7K, 2K.

Last edited:
Reactions: dekillsage
He can hop j.mp pretty much anywhere in a combo, also hop whiff j.light/grab into low/grabs etc. That hop is strong. I'm curious about his crossup reset options.

you can't really whiff j.lights unless you're already pretty far from them though? Maybe whiffing the heavy into throw as a mix up would work really well though. The problem I'm having with hops is that up back kinda bodies it so you have to do a lot more throw resets since getting the spacing for a low is a little more difficult with beowulf.

I think you can also do like chair-on c.HP, j.LP j.LK j.MP, then either air grab or wait for them to land and hop j.MP or empty hop c.LK.
EMPTY HOP LOW gdi I'm an idiot. I'ma try this

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I was thinking more of doing them a little early when the opponent is higher than you (after j.mp or j.hp), to put them into that "block the overhead" reflex. Also empty hopping with j.hk has a similar animation to his hop j.mk and that can confuse the opponent too.

And you can't hop grab, my bad.

Some resets

Cr.lk cr.mk Cr.hp
j.mk j.hp
Hop jump j.lp j.mk j.hp
hop j.mp cr.mp cr.hp
wolf blitzer forward(cross up) wolf blitzer down(to convert/pressure if blocked)

In the corner

Combo using the chair, and any string into picking up the chair lets you do a low/throw/hop overhead mix up.

Also if you trigger IPS/Undizzy you can do HP chair toss -> Arm to avoid the burst and get a punish. I haven't checked if you can air grab super yet, and last I checked doing level 3 doesn't work in the corner because the chair makes you drop it, but I'm going to double check that eventually too.

Chairdance combo ender is the best thing since canned bread. Insta pseudo unlockable.

Reactions: JordantheKitty
I would argue that ending a combo with Geatish Trepak sorta counts as a reset, considering you can do all sorts of mixup-y goodness from it. Dashhops, dashhop feints (i made it a habit to dashhop, j.hk (which does an animation but, of course, doesn't have enough time to land) c.lk) wulf blitzer stuff, basically anything at all. If you're feeling cheeky you can also attempt to time a perfect grab/command grab at just the right time. I just really like the Geatish Trepak. Jazz hands though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck N. Plazma
HP->236MP into c.LK c.MP is a nice low-high reset. the chair comes down as an overhead at almost the same time as c.lk lands.

I also use char c.HP j.MP j.HP ->command grab tackle. but that reset is way worse and probably not worth mentioning.

so i was expecting Blitzer to come out the way i was facing but is it supposed to do that
I presume that you just entered the qcf, went juuusst over their head, and then hit lk, which would make you blitz backwards from the direction he was originally facing.. Yeah, his J.HP is pretty weird (and awesome).

so i was expecting Blitzer to come out the way i was facing but is it supposed to do that

Inputs for specials are based on the direction your character is facing. So crossup jHP from 1P to 2P side still needs the 1P side input.

holy shit those are dirty. adding those to the toolbox. is it universal?
Ye I can't remember if the Parasoul part or Fukua part also works on heavies but its one of those.

Some easy resets
The first one is just a standard grab reset that you can only escape from if you're holding jump
The second one allows for a counter hit tag in granted the character you're tagging in has a fast enough tag-in
The third one is a very easy-to-see-coming overhead reset, but I like this reset because it positions the chair perfectly enough to allow for a good combo set-up/blockstring

These are really easy to do, but sadly just as easy to see coming/avoid. Still, beats nothing.