• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Switch Beowulf story mode not loading

Sempapi

Button Smasher
Reaction score
Beowulf Valentine Unknown
I bought a digital copy of the game on my switch and the first thing I did was play Beowulf on story mode, all good so far until I beated Double and the the game turned black, it has been like this for a while, I tried te downloading the game and even try the story mode again, same issue.

I have received feedback from a member of the team already, but I wanted to share this here too, just in case (also so you don't feel alone)!

I can attest to this as well; the screen transitions to black after defeating Double and remains that way indefinitely.
I am currently unaware if similar issues are present in other Story Modes.
For what it's worth, I have a physical copy of the game.

Last edited:
Hello. I have exactly the same problem. It is impossible for me to finish the story mode of Beowulf. I didn't notice a similar problem with the other characters. I haven't taken the Season Pass yet.

Reactions: Sempapi
I have received feedback from a member of the team already, but I wanted to share this here too, just in case (also so you don't feel alone)!

I can attest to this as well; the screen transitions to black after defeating Double and remains that way indefinitely.
I am currently unaware if similar issues are present in other Story Modes.
For what it's worth, I have a physical copy of the game.

That’s good to know, I hope the issue is fixed in the next update, not any issues in other characters either but if I want to unlock Valentine it’ll be a problem once I do all them and my progress is never saved with him

That’s good to know, I hope the issue is fixed in the next update, not any issues in other characters either but if I want to unlock Valentine it’ll be a problem once I do all them and my progress is never saved with him
Actually, to unlock Valentine's story, you just need to complete the stories of the original 6 characters (Filia, Cerebella, Peacock, Parasoul, Painwheel, Ms. Fortune), so you don't need Beo's story completed for it. But yeah, you'd want to complete his story eventually to unlock the achievements so hopefully they fix it soon.

Thanks for the posts here! We're aware of this issue and hope to have it fixed in our next update. Thanks for your patience while we get it fixed!