• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Tech Thread

Wasn't a thread for this so figured someone should make one

Found something kind of neat using an assist and Beowulf's collision box to fake a crossup.
Even though the post is so old, I'd like to highlight that even without assist nudging Filia forward it is still possible to fake crossup using j.mk. This just requires the opponent to be standing at full height. In fact I'd like expand on this.

If you could get the opponent to be standing still on the ground, cross ups become very tricky with Beowulf. You can fake a cross up with j.lk or j.mk depending on how early you press the button. The earlier you press it, the more likely you will not cross up. You can test this yourself by just doing press slam for a good horizontal space between you and your opponent. And try pressing j.lk or j.mk at different times during your jump. I've tested on peacock where I could press j.lk very late in order to get the crossup where most of the time I wouldn't have. It wasn't press slam space though.

Now I don't really know how useful this is. But it seemed interesting to me.

Quick n dirty tip for beowulf players with brass assist:
In the corner, grabbing at full undizzy probably seems like you won't get much damage, but you can actually call brass assist on the last knee (with slightly different timing for heavier characters), hop j.MP s.HK xx wulf shoot for 4 more knees into whatever finisher you please. The result is about 4.7k (iirc) damage meterless that roughly equates to what he can do off lows and throws at max undizzy with brass assist. If you want only the notation - grab, 4 knees + brass assist, hop j.MP, s.HK xx wulf shoot
Don't have the chair? That's not a problem if it's in the corner with you. You can do s.HK xx chair pickup xx wulf shoot and it will combo because pickup is so fast. The timing also coincides with MP hurl so if you grab them right after that, you can do the aforementioned chain. Which is nice because MP hurl can cover you from some reversals.

Reactions: Fuego
Quick n dirty tip for beowulf players with brass assist:
In the corner, grabbing at full undizzy probably seems like you won't get much damage, but you can actually call brass assist on the last knee (with slightly different timing for heavier characters), hop j.MP s.HK xx wulf shoot for 4 more knees into whatever finisher you please. The result is about 4.7k (iirc) damage meterless that roughly equates to what he can do off lows and throws at max undizzy with brass assist. If you want only the notation - grab, 4 knees + brass assist, hop j.MP, s.HK xx wulf shoot snip
You can also do this, which is free on the entire cast in the corner.

Reactions: bigbandpro69

I probably should have posted this sooner! This was made before hype changes, so everything demonstrated is only applicable after EX press

I know this is unspecific but, how much has Beowulf changed in the last three months?

Not much really, the major change to him happened in January. There have been a few changes like canis press being burstable if done a certain way as well as the undizzy change. Check out the January and April updates if you want specifics.

Reactions: Zenjitzu
So who would you consider a good assist for Beo, for strictly a two man team? I've been using Robo but that's only because I like robots not because it's a good combination.

So who would you consider a good assist for Beo, for strictly a two man team? I've been using Robo but that's only because I like robots not because it's a good combination.
The one and only other part robot. Big Band with Brass knuckle assist.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

The one and only other part robot. Big Band with Brass knuckle assist.
I knew it, before I even posted I knew someone would say brass knuckle assist, lmao
Thanks, I'll definitely try it out

okay?

anyway Robo and Beo are good together. Robo has nice assists to help him out.

I just need to get good I guess, I'm still gonna try Big Band tho