• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the input is that lenient, should be rather easy to just piano F,D,B twice actually.

Super happy to hear this as a keyboard player who occasionally goofs up pot busters because of a missed diagonal. Thanks!

6P, "The Flotilla Pot Buster"

Since I play on Hitbox, this is a really common thing in GG. Doing things like Pot Buster out of IB and Pot Buster after Hammerfall break is hard because of it.

Also, Heavenly Wulftemkin Bustah has cemented this character for me. I feel like I seriously got my money's worth out the IndieGoGo drive now, haha. (Not that I didn't already <_< )

Last edited:
Top tier gimmick: Use c.hp assist, start Beowulf on point, get chair off+tag out asap. Boom best assist in the game. MVC2 Juggernaut strats (゚∈゚)

Reactions: erkicman and Mr. X
Aww but I wanna make Beowulf's assist taunt so I won't have to do any 2x HCB motions...

I can't do 360s on keyboard in SG at all at normal game speed, no issue with HCB motions.

Top tier gimmick: Use c.hp assist, start Beowulf on point, get chair off+tag out asap. Boom best assist in the game. MVC2 Juggernaut strats (゚∈゚)
This is actually the first thing I tried to do with this character. I made a Beowulf/Eliza team and came up with a combo where you get rid of the chair, combo into Eliza tag, and end in a reset situation.

Chairless c.HP assist is actually not that good, though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's only one hit of armor and pretty slow to start up, so lots of random stuff like Val j.MP or whatever will chew right through it. It's not terrible or anything but given the hoops you have to jump through to use it I'm not sure it's worthwhile.

This is actually the first thing I tried to do with this character. I made a Beowulf/Eliza team and came up with a combo where you get rid of the chair, combo into Eliza tag, and end in a reset situation.

Chairless c.HP assist is actually not that good, though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's only one hit of armor and pretty slow to start up, so lots of random stuff like Val j.MP or whatever will chew right through it. It's not terrible or anything but given the hoops you have to jump through to use it I'm not sure it's worthwhile.
What about chairless c.hk for Peacock? It's got more armor.

What about chairless c.hk for Peacock? It's got more armor.
Haven't tried it, but I imagine it would have the same problems Eliza c.HK does. Since you can't combo into Argus off it, they basically get a free ground tech and get to get closer to Peacock as a reward for getting hit by it.

Yeah, for all intents and purposes right now I think Chair Toss is likely the best assist for Peacock. For the variants, HP Covers a huge amount of space that Peacock's bombs and stuff can't usually get to, though it's not as good as an anti-air as MP might be.

I more often that not end up jumping when trying to do Beowulf's HCBx2 taunt input on a xbox360 pad, though doing a 720 during a whiffed normal or right before landing from a jump to get it works just fine for me.

720 on a keyboard is hell. Honestly HCB x 2 isn't much of a problem though.

Yeah, I meant specifically for the xbox 360 pad + if one is using the analog stick at that, since it feels easier to just churn that butter than to do two half circles without jumping.

Wow Beowulf's taunt is creepy as hell...

More importantly, the Penguin was the one thing lacking from Skullgirls that we didn't even realize we needed... until now.
I love Penguin Ref.
I love him.

Ditto :P

Curious, but was the hype stuff for Beowulf scrapped or is that bit still planned?

Watch the most recent beta demo, your welcome :)

"Now that Beowulf is in beta, discussion on his present and future gameplay has been moved to the Beta Wulf thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.