• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REALLY hope we Beowulf stand upright once and a while. I mean look at him!
stand tall.png

I REALLY hope we Beowulf stand upright once and a while. I mean look at him!
He stands straight up when he walks backwards, which is something I actually don't like that much.
If you're wondering why I'm active at this hour it's because I've lost control of my life.

If you're wondering why I'm active at this hour it's because I've lost control of my life.

If you're not out of control, you're not in control.

Retirement Thread, No Fun Allowed.
Keep it focused.

There's nothing wrong with being a night owl.

There's nothing wrong with being a night owl.
I'm literally not sleeping, that's not being a night owl (which is a stupid term by the way) that's being unhealthy.
Please keep all discussion in this thread focused on the development of Beowulf.

I pray that this christmas Beo gets that hit-confirmed ground drag grab (like firebrands) I always wanted. A level 3 raging demon would be based too. ; ^ ;

why is it I involuntarily cringe anytime someone on this forum mentions a character getting a raging demon?
I don't see why it is necessary to "cringe" at a move that the L0 staff could take and change into something very visually appealing. I mean I guess it can be seen as an overhyped move though. My vision of it would be more of like King's one grab kill combo into beowulf standing over the grounded enemy character with his back to the audience and a moon in the distance. Alas, opinions will always encounter something to butt heads with. No matter though, what's your opinion then Humdinger?

why is it I involuntarily cringe anytime someone on this forum mentions a character getting a raging demon?

Perhaps, dormant within you, lies the Satsui no Hado, eager to escape, utilizing every opportunity to make itself known?
Will you surrender to your fate, Humdinger? Or will you fight against the evil temptation?

Reactions: Shockdingo
I don't see why it is necessary to "cringe" at a move that the L0 staff could take and change into something very visually appealing. I mean I guess it can be seen as an overhyped move though. My vision of it would be more of like King's one grab kill combo into beowulf standing over the grounded enemy character with his back to the audience and a moon in the distance. Alas, opinions will always encounter something to butt heads with. No matter though, what's your opinion then Humdinger?

was more of a crack at the "give squigly raging demon" joke more than a serious point of discussion.

I do agree he needs a big grab though. I've been pulling for absolutely stupid damage for a while.

Perhaps, dormant within you, lies the Satsui no Hado, eager to escape, utilizing every opportunity to make itself known?
Will you surrender to your fate, Humdinger? Or will you fight against the evil temptation?
Find Out Next Time on the Next Hyper-Kinetic, Bone-Crushing Episode of Skullgirls II: V, gonna burn some muscle!.....and then get salty.

On Topic though I am rather curious what Beo's ultimate/signature move is going to be. I'm just salivating at what Blockbusters he's gonna get.

If he doesn't have a totally over the top and unnecessary Level 5 I'm gonna be super bummed.

mmmh. Now i fear the only thing is that BeoWulf will be the last possible character to have the slim chance of having a cinematic Super ( ie: Val's full Lvl 3) Mike Z has stated that he kinda doesn't like those types of supers and having them skip-able only makes them slightly better.

But.... if Beo were to magically get a cinematic lvl 5 in a alternate universe, then I can safely say that Beo would use Grendal's arm to smash the opponent hard up into the sky where they would be silhouetted by the full moon and the flashes of cameras where Beo then grabs the opponent and does a spinning pile driver into the Hurting would be kinda cool. But that's just my inner Wulf speaking. in all likelyhood it ain't gonna happen so i'm just going keep my thoughts real from here on out.

yeah it would be neat and stuff, but I'm not the one who's making Beowulf. Mike is and he and I have two clearly different views on what Beowulf would play like. Like if i were to design Beo, he would be stupid, and overpowered in the effects that his moves would do.
Like for example i would have given Beo a move where he places down the Hurting and it would snap up the opponent like a bear trap holding them in a hit grab capture state for 1.5 seconds. the bear chair would last for 3 seconds in neutral on the ground before popping up and flipping away for a 4th of the screen in the opposite direction of Beo where beo would have to run back to get it. Also i would give Beo an air command grab which he would be able to combo into, aka the Wulf TombStone. and the only way to not make it stupid would be to make it tech-able like Bella's Grab Bag, only you can combo into the move soooooo... it's fucking stupid. See? I am not a fighting game designer i'm just a fan boy who wants to make something that would be cool.

But hey Beo's looking pretty good here's me hoping that the thing that Mike is working on is the Hype mechanic. or something. (didn't Mike mention hype meter or something once on stream a while back? )

FYI: "Suggesting" moves just makes Lab Zero avoid the thread

And all his moves are selected and being completed anyway.

FYI: "Suggesting" moves just makes Lab Zero avoid the thread

And all his moves are selected and being completed anyway.
did i say any where that i was suggesting moves? no. i was not, i was just stating how i daydream and think up of a different beowulf. i all ready know that Beo's move list is complete. Besides, i think i have good understanding as to how beo is going to play. i'm just curious as to how we are going to be able to link off of the vertical chair tosses. or maybe they could be used for reset tools where Beo can jump and do an air grab. the chair toss special alone is a very strong tool in Beo's play style and i would not be surprised that this move would be important in helping with Beo's ground chains and would be a staple in his BnB's.

did i say any where that i was suggesting moves? no. i was not, i was just stating how i daydream and think up of a different beowulf. i all ready know that Beo's move list is complete. Besides, i think i have good understanding as to how beo is going to play. i'm just curious as to how we are going to be able to link off of the vertical chair tosses. or maybe they could be used for reset tools where Beo can jump and do an air grab. the chair toss special alone is a very strong tool in Beo's play style and i would not be surprised that this move would be important in helping with Beo's ground chains and would be a staple in his BnB's.
Who said it was you?

Curious, but have they mentioned if they are going to animate his grab state when moving horizontally on the ground? From what I've seen in the videos it looks like he's motionlessly sliding while holding the opponent.

Curious, but have they mentioned if they are going to animate his grab state when moving horizontally on the ground? From what I've seen in the videos it looks like he's motionlessly sliding while holding the opponent.
Yes, Mike mentioned they will animate it in the first streams of the woof.

how i daydream and think up of a different beowulf. i all ready know that Beo's move list is complete. Besides, i think i have good understanding as to how beo is going to play.
Oh, do ya? With him still missing special moves and everything? Pray, tell me!

The rest of his special moves are just shooting out recolored Cerebellas and a Chairstorm level 3

so.. beowulf x cerebella is cannon

the typo is the joke

Reactions: agent13 and drewski
so after playing around his movement feels weird, though I like Chairless cHK, in how it is kinda like BB's J.HK, is that what the other players are using to help with movement for right now?

I haven't seen people use the arm sweep that much, the start-up time is huge so you can react to it pretty easily. First thing I thought when I started playing with him is that he feels slow, but it's definitely not as bad as Squigly.

I haven't seen people use the arm sweep that much, the start-up time is huge so you can react to it pretty easily. First thing I thought when I started playing with him is that he feels slow, but it's definitely not as bad as Squigly.

I use it, because I don't know if it's a bug or just not programmed fully (I imagine so), you become like invulnerable during the recovery. It can throw people off if they try to punish, and then you just keep going through your animation. Also, that 2 armor hits makes dealing with assists super easy.

Reactions: gllt and Denizen
Also, that 2 armor hits makes dealing with assists super easy.
Oh yeah I love how it wrecks assists, I just don't use to facilitate my movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.