• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all done internally by Christina Vee. So nobody knows except for Lab Zero and the people affiliated with them.

Probably no fans tho.

Very good odds on an anime guy with a manly voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuzlalala
ah, so I guess I'm not trying out then. :P

it probably wouldn't even really turn out that good anyways

ah, so I guess I'm not trying out then. :P

it probably wouldn't even really turn out that good anyways

Hey now, I'm sure it would turn out pretty good. Don't down yourself so much pal. You can post it in the wulf den if you would like or the various creative forums. I'd personally like a listen.

Hey now, I'm sure it would turn out pretty good. Don't down yourself so much pal. You can post it in the wulf den if you would like or the various creative forums. I'd personally like a listen.
that's the thing, I haven't even done it, and probably wouldn't have time until the weekend or something.

Maybe then I'll do it. But only if I can think of things to say.

Back on topic, Beowulf is probably my second favorite DLC character, only behind Robo-Fortune. Eliza is fun to play but it doesn't match up to the awesomeness that is Beowulf.

It's all done internally by Christina Vee. So nobody knows except for Lab Zero and the people affiliated with them.

Probably no fans tho.

Very good odds on an anime guy with a manly voice.
Oh man, I actually want Shockdingo to apply but... OK.

I hope senpais notice him, no one else could be Brain Drain in SG2!

Agreed
His Brain Drain gave me the chills
I wanna be cold again

Also dat Mulan reference he threw in the lines he made makes me want to destroy some Huns Skullgirl minions with him

I want it to be seitz
but I also really hope it isn't seitz.

I want Matt Mercer to be Beowulf.
Yeah I have to say that Matt Mercer is my favorite candidate for Beowulf.

1398703733980.jpg

OH MAN I FORGOT THAT I HAD THIS, Here you go, friends.

Skullgirls 3: Giant Attack

Yup, I think I found this on one of the old sites? Wither the one that got taken down or this one.
Water, I'm pretty sure that this is the first time any of us have seen what Grendel looks like.
Like actually, you're fucking awesome. Wolf of the Week.

Water I'm pretty sure that this is the first time any of us have seen what Grendel looks like.
Like actually, you're fucking awesome. Wolf of the Week.
I'm not even a beowulf fan, I was just trying to find Venus artwork for a rping friend.
You're mucho welcome tho.

Reactions: Denizen
A DND THIS ONE IS SUPER WEIRD SINCE WHY IS GRENDEL WITH FORTUNE AND WU YAN.
Considering this is Beta Fortune, maybe Grendel was originally a Dagonian before being repurposed into Beowulf's career-life-changing Gigan opponent (Maybe a Fishbone Gang member?)

I'm more concerned on who the dude smoking to the left of the pic is. Maybe it's a Beta Irvin?

But yes, Water is the best forever this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
It's also possible that Grendel just cleaned up his act after fighting Beowulf.
or he was never a bad guy in the first place and Beo was just being a shit.

OOOOOHHHH I FIGURED IT OUT.
Grendel's face was confusing me for a while. His eyes look way too sunken, it looks like he has two sets of teeth or maybe even two mouths, and those things hanging from the top of his head make no sense to me.
I figured it out though, Grendel is wearing a mask.

Also on an unrelated note, @Mr. X the image in the OP of this thread is broken.

Reactions: Armageddon11
I just noticed that Grendel's left arm has been stitched up because Beowulf ripped it off.

I just noticed that Grendel's left arm has been stitched up because Beowulf ripped it off.
That's actually just a barbed wire tattoo, Grendel's arm was never reattached.

Image in OP should be fixed though the old one was still working for me.

Image in OP should be fixed though the old one was still working for me.
That's weird because I still can't see it, even when I Right Click > View Image all I get is:
The image "http://img2u.info/img/gecac4f77.png" cannot be displayed because it contains errors

I can't see it as well, it only shows me the broken thumbnail. Using Firefox by the way.

I third the image thing, its occurring in Chrome too

I wonder what would happen if Dan Green voiced Beowulf. Would he be Hnk-level broken?

Beo voice pack confirmed.
Two weeks after Beowofl's release.

I had this crazy idea of beowulf's lvl 5, where he tries to do a hadoken or something,
fails and then just chucks his chair at the opponent, not comboing and causing a reset...
'Tis silly, I know, just wanted to let that out there...

I had this crazy idea of beowulf's lvl 5, where he tries to do a hadoken or something,
fails and then just chucks his chair at the opponent, not comboing and causing a reset...
'Tis silly, I know, just wanted to let that out there...
If he does that he's a instant main I swear

Wow I just realized we'll probably be seeing Grendel in Beowulf story mode. I always thought of him as one of those characters that exists only in supplementary material, like King Franz Renoir.

As for Beowulf's voice, I'm kinda hoping for somebody we haven't heard a million times before in video games and anime. I liked that about some of the actors they chose, like Rich Brown and Sarah Anne Williams. They're talented, distinct and they haven't been done to death.
But now that they've gotten four legendary voice actors playing Eliza and her crew I think we should expect somebody pretty well known to play Beowulf. Seitz and Mercer are definitely likely candidates. That being said, I'm still hoping for somebody less obvious.
For some reason a couple of my friends are certain he'll be Robert McCollum, and I can totally see them casting him although I don't want them to.

We didn't get Gilbert Gottfried for Sekhmet, maybe he'll voice Beowulf instead...

Must... Not... Open... With... Mobile data

Status
Not open for further replies.