• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf's Hype - What does it do?

Man-In-Crowd-4

And that's your lot.
Reaction score
Steam
TheInternetsHaveCome
Painwheel Squigly Fukua
I can't tell exactly what Beowulf's hype levels do in terms of gameplay. There's the changes to Wulfmania, I know about those, and I know that with hype built up there's sometimes the penguin ref who lets you do extra damage in Airwulf, but I don't know under what circumstances and I don't know if it does anything else. Anyone out there willing to help a poor noob?

sometimes the penguin ref who lets you do extra damage in Airwulf, but I don't know under what circumstances and I don't know if it does anything else.
Ref only comes out when the extra damage kills the last character in the last round. c:

Beowoof's hype serves the purpose of GETTIN' YA EXCITED, YEAAAHHHH.
Seriously, though, I think Wulfmania and ref are the only things?

You can also get another action after bulldog ender from the anti air super for one hype.

Reactions: erkicman
You can also get another action after bulldog ender from the anti air super for one hype.

Which one is bulldog ender? Is this a localisation issue? I didn't know you could do any other actions in Airwulf apart from the normal slam.

Crowd Hype can do these things:
  • When you use the Airwulf Blockbuster <QCB+KK>, having all 3 stocks of Crowd Hype gives you the Penguin Referee for a boosted Canis Major Press if the boost can end the match
  • When you use the Airwulf Blockbuster, you can use diving Wulfdog <forward+K>, and follow up with 1 additional grab finisher
  • When you use the Wulfamania Blockbuster <360+throw>, you can replace the headbutt or knee with an additional Wulfdog or Slam <forward+P OR backward+P> before the final finisher. You gain an additional finish option for each stock of Hype <1 if no Hype, 2 if one stock of Hype, 3 if 2 stocks of Hype, 4 if all 3 stocks of hype>. The catch is that as you still can only do 5 actions during this Blockbuster, you have to use the headbutts or knees you can use pre-finisher first before you begin, or else you won't be able to use all of your Hype.

Beowulf's hype is explained in the tutorials, but because I'm a nice guy I'll fill you in as best as I can.

Hype is gained in several ways

1) Holding :LP: (I can't hear you!)

2) Holding :MP: (Pipebomb)

3) Doing " Aroo Ready" :LP:,:MP:,:F:,:LK:,:MK:

Or what I consider most useful

4) Throwing the Hurting, then using a grapple move to land on it when it's attainable. (Canis Major builds as much as a Pipe bomb, every other move builds one level)

To my Knowledge Beowulf's hype is used for two moves:
1) Airwulf :QCB: + :KK:

and

2) Wulfamania :360: + :LP::LK:

Hype is used in Airwulf in two seperate ways:

1) If you use :F:+:K: in air before Beo defaults to Canis Major. After you land you can do one more grapple move. (Needs at least one level of hype)

2) If the move will beat the opponent, (at 3 levels) use Airwulf and Canis Major. The Ref will then pop out and tap the opponent out.

Hype is used in Wulfamania in a more complex way:

Level 1 Hype: 2 Grapple moves (all but the last must be :F:+:K:)
Level 2 Hype: 3 Grapple moves (again, all but the last must be :F:+:K:)
Level 3 Hype: One :P: or :K: and up to 4 Grapple moves (Same rule applies here as well)

One last note: On NMO Arena If you have full hype and use either of these two moves or Three Wulf Moonsault, the announcer will shout different phrases that will make you cum instantaneously.

There you go. This should leave you with no more questions.

using a grapple move to land on it

"Grapple moves" are usually called "enders" or "finishers" by players.

Canis Major builds as much as a Pipe bomb

Not true, Canis Major build 1/3 hype and Pipe bomb builds 1/4 (both Diving Wulfdog and Da Grendel Killa build the whole level).

Level 3 Hype: One :P: or :K: and up to 4 Grapple moves (Same rule applies here as well)

Wulfamania always gives you a maximum of 5 actions in grab mode, you can do less than that if you wait too long after a :P: or a :K: (it will default to Wulf Press Slam) or use an ender before the last action.

What hype does is make you go back to grab mode after either Diving Wulfdog or Wulf Press Slam by using one level, you can use all three levels during Wulfamania but only one during Airwulf (aside from penguin ref). The optimal route for Wulfamania is Wulfdog/Slam x3 (or times the amount of hype you have) and Headbutt the rest to follow-up with a combo. You can also just use an ender as your last action (preferentially Da Grendel Killa if you're going for the kill) and get a ton of damage just from the super.

Reactions: cjomegas1200
Thanks guys. I guess I probably should have checked the tutorials first, but it's still encouraging that you were all so helpful in answering my question.

One last note: On NMO Arena If you have full hype and use either of these two moves or Three Wulf Moonsault, the announcer will shout different phrases that will make you cum instantaneously.

There you go. This should leave you with no more questions.
You can Fisherman Slam them repeatedly too :F::P:

Reactions: erkicman
Really dumb question....does Beowulf retain hype...? Cuz I feel like I did the --> + k "finishers" or whatever and then next time super starts I see the hype still there.

Really dumb question....does Beowulf retain hype...? Cuz I feel like I did the --> + k "finishers" or whatever and then next time super starts I see the hype still there.
yes he does. he will keep it until you use it in either his anti air super or lvl 3 command grab super.

The primary use of hype is allowing Airwulf to lead into full combo, which drastically improves its use as a pressure tool, in neutral, and as a reversal.

When you cancel out of a finisher during a super, you spend a stock of hype. Hype sticks around until spent.

yes he does. he will keep it until you use it in either his anti air super or lvl 3 command grab super.
That's what's I mean. I did airWulf. I'll try to repeat the scenario on video later.

And really? Dhc'ing takes away 1 hype is that what you're saying @Broken Loose ?

That's what's I mean. I did airWulf. I'll try to repeat the scenario on video later.

And really? Dhc'ing takes away 1 hype is that what you're saying @Broken Loose ?
No, I mean doing a finisher link thingy, the kind that requires hype to do. Chaining after Bulldog, basically.