• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Best use of Parasoul's overhead moves?

Luminory

Reaction score
Fukua Big Band
Perhaps a simple question for a skilled Parasoul user but it's one that confuses me.
I haven't noticed any moves that can combo into F.LP(Pistol Whip) so I have been using it when the opponent is in a knockdown state to avoid the startup frames which is probably a terrible idea.
It seems unlikely that I can't combo into it and it wouldn't surprise me if I overlooked something. That isn't the main question though.

When should I use an overhead in a safe way to perform mixups or even resets if that's possible?
Many of the Parasoul guides here list information for her overheads but not proper application.

I'm extremely new to Parasoul so any advice is always welcome.

EDIT: Also any advice on Parasoul's neutral game? I understand some of her good pokes but I'd like to be able to use pokes that have high conversion potential. I use j.hp as an approaching move way too often.

Welcome!

When to use overheads (and resets in general) is quite the nebulous question. For the most part, the only safe way to attempt a mixup is when your opponent is already in blockstun. So either you use the tears parasoul has, or you can use an assist. Otherwise, your opponent can usually reversal out of you trying to f.lp them. It's up to you to think about is that risk of you getting hit worth the reward of you getting the hit. This depends on a lot of factors like how much meter and life you both have, what's the matchup, time left on the clock, etc. Like I said, nebulous question.

As far as "when to use it" in a more direct way, that is tough to nail down. There are plenty of setups you can do, but a good one to start with is after "whatever combo" > lp tear shot, try using it right there instead of going for the link.

There are lots of things to go over and to discover, but that's half the fun!

Welcome!

When to use overheads (and resets in general) is quite the nebulous question. For the most part, the only safe way to attempt a mixup is when your opponent is already in blockstun. So either you use the tears parasoul has, or you can use an assist. Otherwise, your opponent can usually reversal out of you trying to f.lp them. It's up to you to think about is that risk of you getting hit worth the reward of you getting the hit. This depends on a lot of factors like how much meter and life you both have, what's the matchup, time left on the clock, etc. Like I said, nebulous question.

As far as "when to use it" in a more direct way, that is tough to nail down. There are plenty of setups you can do, but a good one to start with is after "whatever combo" > lp tear shot, try using it right there instead of going for the link.

There are lots of things to go over and to discover, but that's half the fun!

Thanks for the welcome!
Your response was the advice I was looking for and I will adjust my playstyle accordingly!

If anyone has any additional advice on overheads or conversion potenial from Parasoul's pokes feel free to respond.