• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just playing in Arcade mode. I caught an assist in a combo and killed the point character. I continued the combo on the assist and finished with the Three Wulf Moonsault. Beo did the first three punches, but didn't do the final Moonsault. Is that supposed to happen?

So I was just playing in Arcade mode. I caught an assist in a combo and killed the point character. I continued the combo on the assist and finished with the Three Wulf Moonsault. Beo did the first three punches, but didn't do the final Moonsault. Is that supposed to happen?
Some things don't work on assists, and cinematic finishers is one of those things.

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Ok. Good to know. And knowing is half the battle!

So Beowulf is done in terms of mechanics/moves? Because I believe they only need to tweak the Hype thing and that's it, unless it has another super.

So Beowulf is done in terms of mechanics/moves? Because I believe they only need to tweak the Hype thing and that's it, unless it has another super.
yeah it's safe to say that most of Beo's kinda done in the super department. Hype still has somethings to be shown so that's the thing to really look forward to. just relax and enjoy the beta so far. and be sure to experiment with stuff.

To the fellow wulfa-maniacs it's the ref going to come during max hype and non super splash?

To the fellow wulfa-maniacs it's the ref going to come during max hype and non super splash?

I think Mike said that hype stuff would be super only? i could be wrong, brain is fuzzy.

just wondering, when is beo coming to the ps3/xbox?

^^
theres no official release since he isnt finished yet, but i would reckon in the next 2-3 months would be a good bet.

anyone know if beowulf has gotten all of his specials/enders/supers yet?

i was kinda expecting he would get some moves that use the chair such as running jump off it or throwing the opp into it for bounce etc etc.

I am under the impression we might see some hype enhanced moves like penguin ref, but what do I know?

I am most excited for color frames at the moment.

I remember Mike saying he would use Hype for chain throws, but I can't remember if he actually said that or not, or if he's still gonna have it if he did.

I remember Mike saying he would use Hype for chain throws, but I can't remember if he actually said that or not, or if he's still gonna have it if he did.
sooooooo you mean to say that you Don't actually remember and that you THINK Mike said these things.

sooooooo you mean to say that you Don't actually remember and that you THINK Mike said these things.
"I think I remember something about Mike saying he might make some change that would probably make something different, possibly." - Skullheart 2015

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Thanks youtube for not making me have to sift through past broadcasts.

EDIT: No thanks to copy URL at current time for not working. Go to 10:58.

Be confused no more!

Reactions: Prototype
"So the eventual goal of the Grab Mode is going to work is the more hype that you build up the more finishers you get to do in a row IN SUPERS and the last one if it ends in a finisher that has a pin would call out the penguin."

So you can chain the supers, but you need to double taunt to do this. Then it would be possible for Gringo into Bulldog into Splash at the cost of meter for each super?

*thinks of the one more system of Persona 4 Arena were Kenji could continue the combo after one of his many grabs.*

Hey speaking of Beowulf fixes, since he's first been added in Beta his chair disappears off his back when you do his basic light punch.

index.php

I hope they don't fix his eyes when he get's colored in.

Reactions: SmashBlade and Kai
Uh calling Mike Z (?) apparently doing the chair dance finisher doesn't matter if it's done with a normal grab or Beo's lvl 3 for there is no damage boost. Were as all the other grab finishers do get a boost if they are done in the lvl 3. So don't do chair finisher if you do Beo's lvl 3. got it.
Make a new thread in the beta bugs or tag people correctly :/

I'm curious if there's any chance at all for Beowulf to have access to chairless assists from the beginning, without tossing out the chair first. They're fun if gimmicky.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
chairless 2HP isn't gimmicky, it is just a good assist

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Kinda surprised no one's talked about the Salty changes here yet. Guess that'll be my job.

So basically chain throws are in. After performing a super grab like the antiair grab or Wulfamania, you can use your built up crowd hype (now with 3 levels instead of 2) to follow up any finisher besides Da Grendel Killa with another finisher. You can perform followups like antiair grab + Frog Splash + Killa which uses up a level of hype for instance. Wulfamania gives you a maximum of 5 actions to work with, though I don't remember how much antiair gives.

Reactions: Arcana
Kinda surprised no one's talked about the Salty changes here yet. Guess that'll be my job.

so how does that work with penguin ref?

so how does that work with penguin ref?
penguin ref spends all 3 hype "bars". There didnt seem to be a way to chain into it from the demo, but it seems to be something you just dump all bars on if you wish

After the last update the game crashes if I play Beowulf, does it happen to me only?

OK, this requires that you have all 5 bars of meter AND full Hype, but still:

dash-short-hop>jMP>HK>Wulfamania>Knee>Bullhorns>Bullhorns>Bullhorns>Grendel Killa>Band LV. 3

If you can get the extra damage from hitting the chair, you can get at least 14000 damage in 2v2

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I'M CRYING MANLY TEARS

OK, this requires that you have all 5 bars of meter AND full Hype, but still:

dash-short-hop>jMP>HK>Wulfamania>Knee>Bullhorns>Bullhorns>Bullhorns>Grendel Killa>Band LV. 3

If you can get the extra damage from hitting the chair, you can get at least 14000 damage in 2v2

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I'M CRYING MANLY TEARS

The double headbutt does more damage than Knee FYI :)

Awesome, another major update. Each time one of these shows up it takes a lot of practice to get used to them.
I'm really sad to see KK Dash/Pushblock go, but I love everything else. Especially the damage, all that damage...

is Wulf Blitzer supposed to be +3 on block?

is Wulf Blitzer supposed to be +3 on block?
Is that the Wulf Cannon? It is + if you travel down while near the ground.

Reactions: TheBlackHombre
why do the ground versions of beowulf's grabs do more damage than the air versions? shouldn't "going off the top rope" do more damage?

Is that the Wulf Cannon? It is + if you travel down while near the ground.
yah I know that, but is that intended, it seems really good and most character dont have special moves that leave them that much positive at such a close range

Status
Not open for further replies.