• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
beo lvl3 hype vs beo lvl 3 hype all that confetti gona slow the game to a crawl.
not for me, Mike did a good job with rewriting the rendering of the game.

Here are some new quotes since i don't know where to put it so a mod can move them wherever

Big band

I admit, that was an enhanced performance. (vs Beowulf)

Cerebella
  • The Medici's don't need you! (vs Eliza)
  • So, you can still sign my hat... right? (vs Beowulf)
  • I wonder if he's recyclable... (vs Big Band)
Filia
  • [Samson]: Huh. They oughta crown you champ! (vs Beowulf)
Parasoul

You're in over your head. (vs Beowulf)
Ben! (Switching out with Big Band)
Come with us quietly Ben. (vs Big Band)
Check for other skeletons in the closet. (vs Eliza)
Take him into custody! (vs Beowulf)

Peacock
Nobody puts Patty in a corner! (vs Big Band)
[...] make it out to [URL='http://skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Andy_Anvil']Andy
! (vs Beowulf)
Whatever, Andy! I can take him! (vs Beowulf)

• See Ben? I got this! (vs Big Band)
  • Try stayin' to the right, grandma! (vs Eliza)
  • [laughs] I knew wrestling was real the whole time! (vs Beowulf)
      • Andy was right. (vs Beowulf)
Valentine

[/URL]

Parasoul also calls Beowulf's name when switching into Beowulf and when against Beowulf she says, "You served our cause back then." and mentions that he should have retired already or something like that.

Reactions: Denizen
I would really like for Pain and Double to have new quotes. The screaming for Painwheel is all she has lol

I would really like for Pain and Double to have new quotes. The screaming for Painwheel is all she has lol
They've both got new ones.
I was so happy that Double got so many new lines, she never get's to speak simply because she turns into other characters for all her attacks.

They've both got new ones.
I was so happy that Double got so many new lines, she never get's to speak simply because she turns into other characters for all her attacks.

what are some quotes she got?

"You shall be an example to the unworthy." vs Beowulf
"Foolish Buffoon. A false warrior." vs Beowulf
She's got something along the lines of "I'll have my revenge child killer" to Eliza
And she had some sort of passive aggressive threat when tagging in Eliza, like "I'm watching you" or something...

Sorry my memory isn't so great, it's been a couple of weeks since I went through them.
You'll have to hear them for yourself when they come to PSN (I don't know how regularly they update it though)
That is unless anyone can give me a hand remembering them...

Can somebody explain to me why Beowulf recovers in the air when he whiffs Alpha Maul (aka extremely safe super that flies him away)?
Why can't I punish it on block?
Is there any way to punish that thing that isn't Dynamo?

Can somebody explain to me why Beowulf recovers in the air when he whiffs Alpha Maul (aka extremely safe super that flies him away)?
Why can't I punish it on block?
Is there any way to punish that thing that isn't Dynamo?
It is based on Potemkin's heavenly Potemkin buster, would be the main reason really.

But basically, the reward off it isn't amazing and it is actually quite hard to land because you either need a very quick reaction (only grabs while the opponent is rising) or a read... and you spent a meter for it.

Mostly it is a useful escape option for Beowulf, at least I personally use it more for that than for actually making the hard reads.

I've testing stuff that can punish this.

Filia's Fenrir Drive punishes it, and if you do a hard read into updo you may hit and convert with gregor or get hit and receive 2.6k damage to the face.
Eliza's lvl 3 punishes into full combo. 1 bar for 3.
Bella's dynamo doesn't work. It hits until the last blow, that whiffs.
Fukua's drill of my dreams punishes it. Lvl 3 too, leads to full combo.
SSJ punishes it, but he's fullscreen anyway.
Double's lvl 5 punishes it. Car completely whiffs
Argus would punish it if he didn't recover before landing.
Squigly can LK+HK SBO and punish into full combo.
Fortune can lvl 3.
Painwheel and Valentine have no choice against it.

can we get more hype build on mic drops? Like a fully charged mic drop, not the one that you can combo from.

can we get more hype build on mic drops? Like a fully charged mic drop, not the one that you can combo from.
I want more incentive to go for hype in the first place. Full combo off of anti air super is nice, but it is a very rare occurrance that I both have a hype charge and land that super.

Right now I don't see all that much point in charging hype, I guess making hype easier to get might increase its value to me, but I'd rather the effect for having it just be more important.

when enders build hype it will be easier to acquire. Building it is much easier with assists.

when enders build hype it will be easier to acquire. Building it is much easier with assists.
They are going to build hype? Nice, I wasn't aware of that.

Still, the situations in which you can use hype don't come up all that often, being only from supers.

I find myself not actually using throw enders that much, either. The frog splash and chair knockdown makes up 90% of all enders I do, I occasionally do the slam + assist but otherwise, the situation where a higher damage ender would kill but once of these wouldn't hardly comes up.

Really, I mostly use headbutts and some knees.

Mike said that grab mode enders would build hype.

One thing I'd like to see is for the grab super to not be a lv3, costing three meters kinda makes me never wanna use it, specially if I wanna save hype to do good damage.

Reactions: Flotilla
I mean, it is invincible for like, the entire duration, meaning you cannot be punished for using it with anything other than an oki-like situation. I use it over moonsault as a reversal, if it was 2 meters I would be saving 2 meters for it all the time.

3 bars seems kind of fair to me given the wolf cannons at our disposal.

3 bars seems kind of fair to me given the wolf cannons at our disposal.
What do you mean by that?

I think it would be kind of ridiculous at 2 bars. Or Mike would nerf the invincibility on it or something (hell, the invincibility might not be intended to be like that anyway at 3 bars, it is kind of nuts to have a move that cannot be punished even on a hard read)

Yeah Beowulf is gonna get nerfed a lot for sure, he's way too much. I guess Mike is letting his child have fun for now.
For hype build I never use the micro, it's too slow, only LP during assists and taunt when killing one char in a team. It works.

Reactions: Denizen
Gotta say Beowulf is a way more technical character than I had expected! Sure somebody could just spam Grendel arm moves and tackles, but it wouldn't do them too much good. A good Beowulf will take some hype/grab synergy.
I really had underestimated his depth!

Now for the standard finished character gameplay tweaks (can't see anything wrong with him but they're always making these guys better, or worse as is often the case)

Looking forward to colored frames because they are my no-longer-secret secret passion.

Not looking forward to the voice,I am anticipating it, but I am apprehensive due to my fear of potential lame generic anime guy voice acting. When they announce his voice, I hope it's some guy I've never heard of.
Im hoping for jamieson price

Im hoping for jamieson price
His voice does have a lot of character to it doesn't it?
Somebody recently sold me on Kyle Herbet, which I was originally against, but hearing about how he helped the team with Breast Cancer drive, as well as thinking about some of his previous roles I warmed up to the idea.

Not to sound like a broken record, but despite me being on board for both Jamieson and Kyle, I generally like lesser known actors in my Skullgirls. Like fresh faces on the anime scene or actors with just a couple video game roles under their belts or an awesome announcer voice guy (I am of course referring to Rich)

I'm hoping for a non standard American English accent but I'm not getting my expectations too high.

To be precise I want Beowulf to have either a British accent or a Scandinavian accent. I also hope Beowulf's music is a mix of rock, jazz, and folk music. Again I'm not getting my hopes to high.

Reactions: Muro
He's from the Canopy Kingdom, though, isn't he? Why would he have a wildly different accent than everybody else in the cast?

Well Peacock does have an accent of her own even though she's from the same region as Marie. Who knows?

Well Peacock does have an accent of her own even though she's from the same region as Marie. Who knows?
Weren't they from different city states before they met, though? brb checking lore thread lol

I don't know. One can only dream.

I don't know. One can only dream.
Looks like they knew each other before Rommelgrad, so I guess your point stands: accents appear to be independent of in-game geographic origin. Beowulf could have any accent Alex wants.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Am I the only one who got so used to fighting without Wulf Blitzer that since it was implemented I've rarely used it?

what? are you kitten me? I love Wulf Blitzer it's like the best move to make so swag looking combos.

You should try to use it, heck you should use all of your character's potential, especially if you're going solo(that's what your diary says); you're not forced but it's highly recommended. Practice it a bit even just to use it only once in a while if you really don't like it, but acknowledge its existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.