• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta's broken

Yummy Bubbles

Reaction score
Steam
Yummy_Bubbles
Big Band Valentine
I can't open beta, it constantly cycles the "game is preparing to launch" screen. I tried adding -log to the launch options to see if it would create a log file, but it's not creating anything.

Backstory: I downloaded the update, and avast attempted to mark one of the modified files/whatever the update affected as a virus, I told it to leave the file alone, and this problem happen. since then I disabled avast, redownloaded the beta, and even disabled the problem persists. I double-checked to make sure that nothing skullgirls related was blocked or quarantined and added all of my steam folders to an exception list now. when I try to validate the game cache it says everything 100% fine.

Any ideas?

Maybe right-click the entry in your Steam library and go to Properties -> Local Files to "verify cache integrity?" Possibly "delete local content" and re-install? Sounds like Avast messed up one of the files during an update. Beta was still okay on my end. Hope this helps!

already tried all those things, any other ideas?

ok, I figured it out, apparently when avast originally tried to block it, microsoft's windows defender program kicked in for some reason and quarantined the skullgirls.exe file for the endless beta..........weirdness but not unheard of I guess. anywho I added skullgirls to the exclusion list and it's working fine now. guess I'm gonna have to find a different anti-virus cuz avast's been causing problems with steam updates for a bit now

why mike? why? when I show you nothing but love?
*cries in a corner*

Reactions: Umbreture