• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Binding of Isaac : After Rebirth

That feeling when Monstro manages to kill you...

Granted the room I was on only gave me a damage up and 2 pills that were damage down (I only used of them obvs)...but still...Monstro is easy Q_Q

Wait, damage down pills exist?

it was either damage down or fire rate down, I can't totally remember cause I did the run late last night and was tired afterwards...even though I didn't get past the first floor Q_Q

So, uhh,

rOcgw8T.jpg

xhDo9wM.jpg

72kfWXe.jpg

Lilith is pretty good in Greed Mode, guys. In fact, it may actually be completely and totally busted.
i love it

Reactions: GN4RK
Yeah, Lilith is kind of OP in greed mode

So I've been getting back into playing this game. God I'm terrible. I'm on like a 18 game losing streak...

I wish the game would at least tell you what an Item did if you looked it up in the title screen. I feel like I have to experiment with usable items, but then look up guides to figure out if what I'm getting screws me or not...

So I've been getting back into playing this game. God I'm terrible. I'm on like a 18 game losing streak...

I wish the game would at least tell you what an Item did if you looked it up in the title screen. I feel like I have to experiment with usable items, but then look up guides to figure out if what I'm getting screws me or not...
aka every game ever during the first week.
Deal with it until wiki is updated?

I meant Rebirth and the items in THAT, not the expansion. I just don't want to have to stop playing (I have the 3DS version), pull up my comp, and look up what these things do. It's a pain.

Also, on the 3DS version, they really need to fix it. There a are a lot of instances with Frame Drops (Both Robo Buddies whenever they fire or one quickly changes rooms or spawns multiple allies/enemies at once.) and occasionally, and I have yet to figure out why, my HP will disappear. I'll still have it, like 2/2 hearts of w/e, but the game won't display it. Doesn't seem tied to any stage nor any room effect as the HP will stay gone until the next floor, or even sometimes still stay gone. Doesn't even show up again when I get a heart/soul/black heart. I've started looking into it and it doesn't seem tied to any items as I've gotten it with all the Isaacs I have unlocked and gotten it with item sets that don't match at all with previous runs. It's weird

The 3DS port is a mess from what Ive heard. I hope they fix it

I haven't been able to check if the expansion is even coming to 3DS. Anyone confirm that? I had to reset my password for Nintendo cause I forgot it and tried to many times Q_Q

How to break greed mode 101 :
before.jpg

after.jpg
blank card + 2 of diamonds + battery on sale + chaos (shuffles the item pools, so I got guppy) = 528 items. After, I got bored.

Fun fact : the greed donation machine died after one coin when I got to it...
Just when I had the opportunity to fill it with 247 coins :'(

If you really want to break Greed Mode, just find the IV bag.

It gives you more money than it costs to buy a heart.

Afterbirth is very well designed, you see.

If you really want to break Greed Mode, just find the IV bag.
It gives you more money than it costs to buy a heart.
That sounds like an awfully slow way to break it though :p

That sounds like an awfully slow way to break it though :p
Not as slow as swallowed penny/ goody bag/ GIMP/ habit/ placebo/ full health pill/ curse door as Azasil.

Reactions: dragonos451
I crashed the game. 100% guaranteed crash tech :

GuEfNoF.png

Okay.

I'm starting to think greed mode wasn't tested that much. That or the deal was put intentionally

I spoke too soon. Got an even better deal in the next shop.

That's not in greed mode though, but rather in the Have A Heart challenge. I suspect the game specifically during that challenge replaces half hearts with coins and full/soul hearts with double coins. Still kinda includes them in the shop inventory, though.

Edit: Yup, pretty much. Still got soul hearts outside of the shop and the double coins in the shop can't be red hearts (as they cost 3/2 rather than 5/3) so shrug on that part.

Last edited:
The 3DS patch (ver 1.052) is live, finally!

I think I won.
Items in the description.

Let's do same thing as previous run, except this time we concentrate the firework in 0.5 seconds.

I'm a nerd.jpg

I'm officially a nerd.
I want to thank lilith for allowing me to cheat the meat boy and bandage girl achievements.
Also my R key.

Marked + Gnawed Leaf + Epic Fetus is one hilarious way to beat Mega Satan.

I am still waiting to get 20/20 + Inner Eye or quad shot or both.

Also unlocked Godhead yesterday.