• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

I've been avoiding CP spoilers for quite a while now. And have been looking forward to vs. play since I've had fun w/Xrd & P4AU. I've been wanting to get CP, now CPE. Just gotta be patient a little longer.

Here is the play guide for the loke test which includes the move list for Naoto and Hibiki (and also any new moves for previous characters).
http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/images/playguide.pdf

Translations of their moves from Dustloop. Spoilering it because walls of text
NAOTO
Drive: Bloodedge (Attacks using blood. Holding the button creates more powerful attacks)
Blood Repulser (Faster start-up for charged drive moves. Enhancer moves also powered up)
Exceed Accel: Grim of Phantom

SPECIALS
Banishing Fang (236B)
- Banishing Fang: Roar (236B)
-- Banishing Fang: Bash (236B)
-- Banishign Fang: Raid (236C)
Slash Guide (214D)
Inferno Crusader [Air OK] (623C/D)
-- Overhead Kick (2C during Inferno Crusader)
Shift Sway (214A)
- Phantom Pain (28A during Shift Sway)
Enhancer (Use Specials of Distortions during Dash)

DISTORTION
Divine Smasher [Air OK] (632146B)
Divine Reaper (632146D)

HIBIKI
Drive: Double Chase (Creates a copy of himself)
Overdrive: Schwarz Reis (Accelerates his Drive)
Exceed Accel: Sakuougi "Haraebimi"

SPECIALS
Hizanshou (214C)
Hizanshou Kai (214D)
Hiyokujin Ten (214A)
Hiyokujin Chi (214B)
Hiyokujin Utsuro (Press D during Ten or Chi)
Zanshoukyaku (236A)
- Senba (A during Zanshoukyaku)
- Ressou (B during Zanshoukyaku)
- Misagokudari (C during Zanshoukyaku)
- Magauchi (D during Zanshoukyaku)
Souyokusen (623C)
Senshijin (j.214A)

DISTORTION
Ugaimai "Oboro Ootori" (632146C)
Kuremikazuchi "Nue"

Edit: From Dustloop again, new moves from previous characters including the names of their "Exceed Accel". Spoilering once again because walls of text.
RAGNA
Exceel Accel: Seed of Tartaros
Nightmare Edge (j.214C)
- Follow-up (214D during Nightmare Edge)

JIN
Exceel Accel: Kokuujin Ougi: Gekka Hyourou
Hishousetsu [Air OK] (236D)

NOEL
Exceel Accel: "Zero Gun: Sleipnir"
Revolver Blast (j.214C)

RACHEL
Exceel Accel: Gerbera Lute
Ivy Blossom [Air OK] (214B)
Barel Lotus [Air OK] (22A)

TAOKAKA
Exceel Accel: Kaka Clan's Hospitality
Trick Edge! (2 charge 8 + D [Hold 2 during the move to change it])

TAGER
Exceed Accel: Charge Lightning
Gigantic Tager Driver (360 + A [Delayable])
Wedge Catapult (360 +B)
- Impact Driver (360 +B during Wedge Catapult)

LITCHI
Exceed Accel: Crimson Peafowl (Koukujaku)
Straight Through (With the staff 41236A/B/C [Chargeable] Use D to cancel)
Rensou (214 B/C With the staff)

ARAKUNE
Exceed Accel: n Factorial
Zero Vector [Air OK] (236D)
a±b [Air OK] (236D while in Curse state)
Denial of P (Autonatically activates if you use use "If P then Q" near the opponent)
f Equal (236236D while in Curse state)

BANG
Exceed Accel: Shishigami Ninpo Extreme Art: Yorozuka Ryoran Zehhana
Secret Art: Bang's Crushing Blast Technique (Press D after successfully blocking an attack with Guard Point)

CARL
Exceed Accel: Symphonia of Lamentation

HAKUMEN
Exceed Accel: Kokuujin Kingi: "Tengai"
Enma (623A>A no longer consumes Magatama)
Yanagi (214D consumes 1 Magatama)

NU 13
Exceed Accel: True Imprezza
Luminous Slave (214D Lauches a projectile by pressign D after the charge)

TSUBAKI
Exceed Accel: Shinbatsu Mei wo Iru Ikazuchi
Shintsui Chi wo Kudakutsuchi (22 B/D [Can be used as a follow-up after 236A/B/C/D or 214B/D])

HAZAMA
Exceed Accel: Meija Gekkouga
Jagai (236B)
Jasetsu (214D or automatically after Jagai)
Jameijin (j.214B)

MU 12
Exceed Accel: Tsuchi Ikazuchi
Kuni no Kototachi [Air OK] (214D when planting a Steins Gunner)

MAKOTO
Exceed Accel: Cygnus Combination
Sirius Jolt (41236C)
Infinite Rush (Press C during A Asteroid Vision [Button can be mashed])
- Mars Chopper (A during Infinite Rush)
- Star Gazer (B during Infinite Rush)
- Lander Blow (D during Infinite Rush [Chargeable])
Shooting Star (236B [Can be used after Infinite Rush or Asteroid Vision])

VALKENHAYN
Exceed Accel: Sieg Naegel

PLATINUM
Exceed Accel: Blast Angel
* During loketest, her Drive always starts with the new item "Magical Boomerang"
Mami Circular (236 B/C)

RELIUS
Exceed Accel: Zera Varius
Gira Kars (236D)

IZAYOI
Exceed Accel: Banshee Lancer
Crusade Seraphim: α [Air OK] (623B [Only ground version chargeable])
Crusade Seraphim: β [Air OK] (236C [Only ground version chargeable])
Crusade Seraphim:γ [Air OK] (236B [Only ground version chargeable])

AMANE
Exceed Accel: Hazan Gekisou "Jiyaku Aden Gekitai"
Gangan Senpu "Ginga" (214C)

BULLET
Exceed Accel: Execution Manuever
Cross Fire Wheel (360 +B)
- Shot Shell: Engage (63214D during Cross Fire Wheel [Requires Heat-Up state])

AZRAEL
Exceed Accel: Full Spartan
Panzer Strike (623B)

KAGURA
Exceed Accel: Kouryuu "Genma Rettouzan"
Ryuurenbu (8 charge 2 +C in midair or during Ryuujinshou)

KOKONOE
Exceed Accel: Armament No.11 "Fullmetal Heavy Weapon Ver 2.05"
Armament No.02 "Broken Bunker Assault Ver 2.21" (236A [Chargeable])
Armament No.09 "Solid Wheel Drive Ver3.37" (236B)

TERUMI
Exceed Accel: Jarakuen Gokusen
Tsuishouga (214C)

LAMBDA 11
Exceed Accel: Duo Cultus
Act Parser Tri (236B)
Act Parser Tri: Spada (6A during Act Parser Tri)
Act Parser Tri: Blade (6B during Act Parser Tri)
Act Parser Tri: Cavalier (236C)

CELICA
Exceed Accel: Puech Vapeur
New System: "Recover Cap"
- Recovery Capability is shown in the health bar when a Drive attack connects. Armure Sorbet recovers health depending on "Recover Cap". Also, by consuming Recover Cap you can use the charged version of the Specials.
Marteau Flan (214B [Charge removed])
Lance Quiche (214C [Charge removed])
Armure Sorbet (632146A [Charge removed])

Last edited:
Beat me to it. I'll just put it in the master post.

Yeah, i pretty much try to accept games for what they are, but how is BlazBlue a parody? I'll admit things got kinda tongue in cheek after the first entry, but CT was rather serious and dark.

Think about it. We have all the ingredients for every anime ever and parodize them. The edgy action hero with a tragic past... Who still gets crapped on by the entire cast. The cool, cold knight who deep down has a heart of....mostly ice, yandere love for Ragna, and a small section of gold. Bang is an extremely visible ninja who probably be better in a Dental ( read Power Rangers) show, even Platnium is a parody of the Magical girl genre.

Think about it. We have all the ingredients for every anime ever and parodize them. The edgy action hero with a tragic past... Who still gets crapped on by the entire cast. The cool, cold knight who deep down has a heart of....mostly ice, yandere love for Ragna, and a small section of gold. Bang is an extremely visible ninja who probably be better in a Dental ( read Power Rangers) show, even Platnium is a parody of the Magical girl genre.

I never really thought of BlazBlue as a parody, and I don't think it is supposed to be one. The game is, while having a lot of humor (I.E. the gag reels), actually pretty serious with a huge story. We've got lots of visual novels, an anime, three games, and various other things that cover a story that takes itself very seriously.
It's more that the characters they made are basic with lots of anime tropes. While some characters themselves could be argued to be a parody (Bang, and perhaps Platinum,) it would really be a stretch to call the entire game one.
I wish it was a parody though, sometimes, as this game can do humor really well, and I hate how "anime" some of these characters are. The main reason I dislike the characters in this game is because of how generic they are. Ragna is the cookie-cutter edgy protagonist, Noel and Celica are the cute anime girls, Rachel is the tsundere(kind of?)/loli/vampire, Platinum is the magical girl, Makoto is the cheery animal girl, etc, and when you have these characters defined by anime tropes in a serious story, it just gets kind of silly.

I never really thought of BlazBlue as a parody, and I don't think it is supposed to be one. The game is, while having a lot of humor (I.E. the gag reels)
I'd say BB is at its best when it fully acknowledges its cliches and runs with them, which is usually what the gag endings do.

What is that number over where their burst usually is? It kept changing. It isn't how much time is left until their burst recovers, or something, because it would go higher?

Yeah, i pretty much try to accept games for what they are, but how is BlazBlue a parody? I'll admit things got kinda tongue in cheek after the first entry, but CT was rather serious and dark.
I don't think I have a real answer other than how I interpreted it / intuition. CT was fairly well-contained and easy to digest, but CS+ kind of made the story exponentially harder to grasp and I feel fell under it's own weight. I'll have to come back to that.

Yeah, me neither, not yet anyway. I'm glad you addressed everything else but what about my complaints about CP that put me off from it?
Oh, apologies if my post missed something-- I mean 0 ill will!! ( I can't tell if this is a query or slight snark due to missing a comma after "everything else" -- e.g. "address everything else, but" ). I also think I'm missing something before that post so oops!

I don't disagree that waiting until the "best" version sucks butt, but I can admit I am fully calloused to that thing, after playing CS for so long.

Alright I've got the master post updated for day 2. If you see anything wrong or something missing feel free to tell me.

Oh wow, I appreciate you writing all of this information down.

Anyways, really not liking Active Flow so far. As I mentioned, I dislike any mechanic that rewards you for playing a certain way. It seems too easy to get and a bit too rewarding, and the constant "ATTENTION" got kind of annoying in what footage I've been able to catch so far. I feel like they're trying to add new mechanics where we don't need them, just to make the game different then Chronphantasma. Negative Penalty is way too "negative" now, which I'm definitely not a fan of.

I like the idea of Exceed Accel, though, although I disagree with it being safe on block. It having invincible startup was already kind of unneeded.

I'm excited for Jin and Kokonoe's new moves. Jin especially, because I know a lot of interesting setups are going to come out of it. Not a fan of them removing the B version of Broken Bunker Assault with Kokonoe, though.
Not sure how I feel about Lambda's new 236B. While I appreciate them trying to differentiate her from Nu-13, I think it was, again, a little unneeded.

Active Flow seems alright to me because it can only happen once per round for each character. It luckily won't constantly be happening.

Alright real talk where are the Tao changes?

Tao now gains +5 intelligence on hit
hit enough and Tao will abandon the battle for a bright future and career in chemical engineering

Tao now gains +5 intelligence on hit
hit enough and Tao will abandon the battle for a bright future and career in chemical engineering
If you fight Taokaka as Kokonoe and taunt, She'll give Tao Silvervine candy and tao will self destruct, winning you the match

I have a novel's worth of info in the master post and none of it is about Tao. I know almost nobody plays her but come on now. Nothing? Not even anything on how her new move works?

Alright finally found some Tao info. Took long enough.

....OK, Blazblue made thier on Abridged series

Reactions: North888
ASW is holding a poll for character color popularity. Most popular colors will make it into CF. The list of links are for the characters. Go to the characters page and pick three colors. These include CT and CS colors. They are all displayed for you on the page so don't worry about searching for them. The extra boxes don't need to be filled out. Submit button is at the bottom of each character page.

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/color.html

Reactions: CountofBleck
New video of the closed loke test:
I'm immediately changing the announcer as soon as possible.

Reactions: Ktulu
Wow, and I thought the Chronophantasma announcer was terrible.
That "COUNHTUR" every time someone gets a counter hit is going to drive me crazy.

I see what SKD meant when he said there seems to be less hitstop. Combos seem to be happening ever so slightly faster. New announcer is very meh. I still miss the CT announcer. And Jesus Christ look at Azrael's right hand on his character portrait. His thumb is huge and his pinky is small as hell. You want to talk about the CP art having bad anatomy?

I have to say I don't really like the new char select. It doesn't seem to have the same...edge the other's did. It feels far more uniform and standard than it did in the previous games.

I have to say I don't really like the new char select. It doesn't seem to have the same...edge the other's did. It feels far more uniform and standard than it did in the previous games.
I've got to agree with that. Calamity Trigger actually had my favorite character select menu in all of the games.

All the characters have their old stages back. Is CF taking place in Kagutsuchi?

do they have their palettes back?
I wanna defile my opponents as a spidery goo monster with all the patriotism I can.
just like America intends.

If you want that one back you better vote for it.

I really don't like that the reference skins are being put up for vote as well, I'll miss my Jubei Kokonoe and Yosuke Jin colors that I use. I doubt anyone will vote for them.

I really don't like that the reference skins are being put up for vote as well, I'll miss my Jubei Kokonoe and Yosuke Jin colors that I use. I doubt anyone will vote for them.

Maybe if you remind people that Jubei colored Kokonoe is the closest they'll ever come to playing Jubei they'll vote for it lol.

Reactions: Meow-Professor