• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

Maybe if you remind people that Jubei colored Kokonoe is the closest they'll ever come to playing Jubei they'll vote for it lol.
*cries into wad of tissues*

Reactions: Ktulu
The new in-game UI is really growing on me, I like it a lot. I really do hope they do something with the health bar though, just the yellow gradient looks really bad.

I hope they keep the emblem in the health bar like how it was in CP.

Kind of mixed on the presentation aesthetics of this game.

Some of the character versus art is good and some just look bad. The select screen doesn't have the charm the earlier games did,. The default announcers are still bad, but at least we can always switch them. Health bar UI lacks the detail that previous BB game had. I don't know I'm seeing a lot of changing for the sake of changing even if it ends up worse in the end.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Recently been playing more CPEX because I've reconnected with a lot of the FGC here in Oreogn and there is actual competition for this game beyond where I live.

Definitely a fan of characters I played prior but the one I've grown most fond of would have to be Lambda, she was wonderfully fun in CS but I am just loving her in CP, are there any high level plays to watch to maybe get some tips here and there that anyone might know about?

New video of the closed loke test:
I'm immediately changing the announcer as soon as possible.

What the, is the new "light" hit sound literally a fucking stock smack sound from Interactive Buddy or something?!?! Whoever they put on sound design for this game and CP should be fired!

I don't know I'm seeing a lot of changing for the sake of changing even if it ends up worse in the end.

My thoughts exactly. It seems to me they changed the sounds in CP just to show that it's a new game, with new......stuff. woo. be amazed.

That's quite extreme of a reaction to a simple sound effect

I'm very audio sensitive, and i hate stock sounds because they signify laziness to me. Your game should have its own feel, right down to every little click and foley noise. There is one game i believe has perfect sound design, but i'm drawing blanks right now so i'm just gonna say Bayonetta is a good example.
Even though the exit witch time noise is a stock sound also heard in Halo 3 when you boost the wraith, besides that, perfect.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. It seems to me they changed the sounds in CP just to show that it's a new game, with new......stuff. woo. be amazed.

I remember them stating that's why they changed the music in CP. Which IMO in many cases ended up being worse than originals. :P

That is great, they are finally porting what people want to Steam. I might pick this up, I have it on my PS3 but sometimes I'm just too lazy to go set it up to play.

Fuck yes! I love CSEX (despite the constant latency issues i have even when playing OFFLINE), but it feels wrong playing a years' old version of the game

I hope i don't have latency issues on cpex either, though
does lambda still suck?

does lambda still suck?
She's terrible, actually
Join the club

Wow, haven't posted since I got the game a month ago. I've been focusing just on SG & BB pretty much now, phased out Xrd (awesome game, but it's my worst for vs.) & might ease out of P4AU even more.

Love the menu/player room theme: Explorator. And themes for Carl, Arakune & Makoto. Bang & Lambda- I prefer the old themes.

Working on story & side stories: Been avoiding spoilers since CSE (I never got CP). I'm enjoying it.

Challenges: 55% w/Tager, 50% Haku, not so good with a lot of the cast.

Abyss: Got to the Lv.9 boss w/Tager & wasn't doing much damage. Maybe I need higher stats than 650 Att, 600 def & other skills.

Score attack: Got on the leaderboard for Course A, cleared B & C, got to the end of D, but lost.

Online vs.: Tried it for my first time last weekend after much training & reading up at dustloop. Fought other beginners (they exist!) to start out & did OK-ish w/Tager & Haku. Got hit by a few Astrals. 0.0

Valk & Kagura are iffy as subs, though I like them. If anyone wants to play this weekend, especially if you're in my region, let me know.

Last edited:
That's fantastic news. Let's hope all of the people hassling Arcsys everytime they announce an older game for PC puts their money where their mouths have been.

That's fantastic news. Let's hope all of the people hassling Arcsys everytime they announce an older game for PC puts their money where their mouths have been.
They won't, because it's not Xrd.

They had better. Half of every new post for an older Arcsys game is, "Not buying this. Where is Xrd, BBCPE, P4AU?

For my money, I'd have preferred UNIEL on PC, but BB is a pretty pleasant surprise.

Wait. People are complaining about Utimax not being on PC? When Atlus has basically dealt exclusively in console games?

Still, I get the feeling that they're mainly complaining because ASW pretty much always puts out older versions of their fighting games instead of the recent versions they actually want. CT on PC after CSE on consoles, for example.

Still, I get the feeling that they're mainly complaining because ASW pretty much always puts out older versions of their fighting games instead of the recent versions they actually want. CT on PC after CSE on consoles, for example.
I will never understand why they did this. Fighting games are one of those genres that really only the current release matters. Why would they spend money to port outdated versions of their games instead of spending the time and money porting the current versions of games people actually want?

Honestly some people who might be more into story of games than mechanic would preffer to be able to play through all of it.

I could imagine some people complaining if the could see the story only from the middle. I'm personally into both of these things so I'm somewhat happy to be able to purchase all of the installments.

Noel is my favorite and best charater. :3

This is not important.

Where the hell is Makoto getting those acorns from?!

Oh my god I completely forgot about "Look at time!" until I saw that video.

Wow I really hope the new announcer doesn't do that. Also, I swear to god if I hear one more "Raguna Za Burradedge" I'm gonna break into spasms.

Anyways, I don't think I've really had the chance to say it; Central FanFiction looks really really good IMO. UI changes are great looking, hit sounds are sort of meh, I preferred CP's for the impact on each attack, but it's ok I guess. Big star of the aesthetics is still the character select art. They look incredible.
Active Flow is still trash. Hope they learned from Xrd when to remove a crappy mechanic when people tell them to.
I really like the new character select theme. Good song.

Overall I feel like the aesthetic changes are solid, but Active Flow has the chance to completely ruin the game, totally. An option to turn it off had better be in the game, at the least. It's trying to do something unique, which I can understand, but this is not how you do it. But it's got some really cool stuff, such as Exceed Accel (Is that how you spell it? I don't even know, knowing them and their crazy names), and the characters revealed look like tons of fun to play.

Also the changes to characters in the logs that have been posted look awesome. I'm really excited for the Hazama rekka and changes to the command grab, and Ragna's Nightmare Edge is so good looking that I'm salivating to try it out. I always thought Belial needed some more impact, and making it into a Soul Eater rekka sounds delicious.
Get it?
'Cause it's soul eater?

Anyways, game's gonna get ruined by something they reveal, I'm sure. My hopes are high, though. Especially with the bar set by CPEX.

At least we've got Nine.

CO5dEbvU8AAcozx.png

Any one here remember theBBvlog? I watched matches on there all the time when I first got into Blazblue.

So he's just bootleg Ragna then
Wasn't this known already?
I'm still very mad he got in.

He plays nothing like Ragna though from what I'm seeing. Honestly he plays like what I initially expected Bullet to fight as for the most part.

Well if they are bringing over the LN protagonist then maybe Remix Hearts protagonist Mai will get in too. CP/Extend already gave her some exposure outside the manga. It would be no less of a stretch of her being a fighter then Celica because she actually is a competent fighter.

Two days late but I found this adorable Halloween poster with all the Chibi sprites dressed up.
happy_halloween_2015_by_creaturefeaturechaos-d9f2j9l.jpg
Yes Tsubaki is Plankton and thank god for that.
Source.

They removed that in Revelator? That's good news, though I hadn't heard of that removal before now.
They didn't necessarily remove it. I'm pretty sure they just lowered the chances of it occuring, so it's still there.

Anyone still playing BBCPEX? I've wrapped up a lot of content recently, but still have some story to go.
And managed to get L.12 in ranked to change that D-Card portrait (should be able to change that whenever)
Trying to get the Tsubaki trophy- that combo is tough for me.
Don't think I'm going to get 100% challenges for a character or 50% of all them.
And 100K damage in training should happen eventually...

If anyone wants to play (especially w.coast US) on a weekend, let me know. I'm active on gameFAQs & Dustloop as well for match finding to try improve.