• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Borderless Window and Firefox

Deer

ojEmily
Reaction score
Steam
steamcommunity.com/id/demodeer
PSN
CestDeer
Fukua Double Cerebella
Heyo,

I've got a 3 monitor setup on my computer and enjoy running games in full screen border-less windows. There's an odd issue I've been having when doing this with Skullgirls that's been around for as long as I can remember. When I have Firefox open on my left or right monitor while Skullgirls is open I'll get pretty bad frame drops (the lowest I've seen it dip to is 34 but it usually hangs around ~42-50 with Firefox open). The size of my Firefox window doesn't seem to matter, it can be tiny or full screen and I'll still have the frame drops. Firefox is minimized I don't have the issues anymore. I can full screen windows from other programs and won't drop any frames, the only program I seem to have the issue with is Firefox. I tried changing the priority of Skullgirls to "above normal", which is higher than Firefox's priority. Has anyone else had this issue or is there any solution anyone can think of? I don't have any sort of flashy themes or anything on Firefox and the webpage I have open doesn't seem to matter, this has had me stumped for as long as I've had the game and noticed it, for a while I resorted to just running the game in full screen. If possible it would be awesome if I could fix this. Thanks.

Here's some of my PC specs, I can provide more if anyone asks:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
RAM: 16 GB

Also my main monitor that I run Skullgirls at has a resolution of 1920x1080 with a 144hz refresh rate. The other two monitors that I keep on the left and right are both 1680x1050 with 60hz refresh rates. I'm not sure whether or not this is relevant to the issue.