• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

c.mk devil horns, devil horns trigger IPS

dragonos451

Combo crafting is fun
Reaction score
Steam
dragonos451
Cerebella
Happened to me a few times while working on DH combos, managed to record it.

it looks like if I do a jump motion during the DP input, I go into jump start up, which makes IPS consider I'm entering a new chain.
the devil horns cancel the jump start up, but I'm still considered starting a new chain, and DH triggers IPS.
Just so you know you better do that motion correctly...

Cerebella has another IPS glitch, where her Reflector, Devil Horns, and Cerecopter all count as the same move for IPS. 623LP, 623MP, 623HP respectively. Here, devil horns is used, then reflector later, and they counted as the same move for IPS.

Yes, I know that the same input+different button counts as the same move, like with Parasoul's sonic booms or different strengths of Hairball, I know this... But Squiggly doesn't give a shit about that! So maybe it's not a glitch with Cerebella, but a glitch/disregard for IPS rules.

At the end, Silver Cord, Tremelo, Arpeggio. 236MK, 236HK, 236LK all used in succession... Obviously should be the same move according to IPS but NAH MATE.

This is a very flagrant inconsistency that STILL hasn't been addressed. It wouldn't be the end of the world if Cerebella's 623P specials all counted as the different moves they look like.

@ClarenceMage

Squiggly is the only character where same input+different button doesn't trigger IPS and Mike said that is on purpose. No other character needs this exception.

Well, I don't care anymore if it is intended or not, but now I have a super cool burst bait using it, so no reason to "fix" it anymore :p

Reactions: ClarenceMage