• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Combo Collection (Alliteration)

I dunno if I should love or hate Bella after that, lmao, great stuff.

I know the video says it's just the Aladdin song, but which version is that?

I know the video says it's just the Aladdin song, but which version is that?
That one.
I always find funny how even when I do a research with english keywords, I get 95% FR results when looking for Disney-related videos.

Reactions: fenster
That one.
I always find funny how even when I do a research with english keywords, I get 95% FR results when looking for Disney-related videos.
Sounds like an instrumental version of Friend Like Me.

Also, YouTube can detect region through cookies or something. It blocks content by region (Your Marie 3rd Phase Skip's blocked in the US, but tricking Youtube into thinking I'm from somewhere else lets it through), so I wouldn't be surprised if it also alters your search results.

These combos are so silly that I simply have to learn a few...

Sounds like an instrumental version of Friend Like Me.

Yes, everyone should already know the song, I was just wondering what version it was since there are a million different instrumentations if you just search "friend like me karaoke" and couldn't find this one. The instruments sound close to some mid-late 90s PS1-ish stuff which I never heard before specifically since I don't remember there being any other Aladdin games past SNES/Genesis. It's actually prety neat how this one sounds imo.

Oh wait, combos, umm, yeah.

Yes, everyone should already know the song, I was just wondering what version it was since there are a million different instrumentations if you just search "friend like me karaoke" and couldn't find this one. The instruments sound close to some mid-late 90s PS1-ish stuff which I never heard before specifically since I don't remember there being any other Aladdin games past SNES/Genesis. It's actually prety neat how this one sounds imo.

Oh wait, combos, umm, yeah.
For that kind of discussion, my thread is a more fitting place to post : http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/ignore-your-limits-dragonos451s-yt-channel.8105/

It's choppy because I had to do this in multiple parts. It's all extremely inconsistent, but I think I'm on the right path to challenging dragonos' sideswitch record.

Is is this where I ask for help because I need help
I've decided to pick up bella but I CAN'T for the life of me do the j.lp(3) j.hp restand.
What's a good combo I can do without that restand?
I don't really care about damage, as long as it breaks 6k and is universal anywhere it's good enough for me. Bonus points if it's otg-less
cr.lk cr.mk
j.mp j.hk [restand]
cr.lk cr.mk
xx Kanchou
st.lp st.mk st.hk
xx Cerecopter
THAT SUPER WHERE SHE TURNS HER ARMS AROUND I DON'T KNOW
6014 damage

I know it's horrible but it's easy, has some reset points, and I can get a hard knockdown.

can we just pin this in the OP i feel like this comes up all the time

alternatively, if you REALLY can't get it, just doing a full ground chain into copter -> dynamo instead of launcher into j.lp at that point in the combo is like 7k its acceptable

Reactions: fenster and Wenzel
I've seen that video and I've invested more than 10 hours in large chunks into trying it, and I've never NEVER been able to pull it off. Not once, not even by accident.
I think I'm just gonna put in some work for some run-stop combos.

Reactions: pegglefrank
Just a combo I use when I would rather not/can't call HBypass for things and I want more damage in the corner. Or I want to build a meter because I don't have one.

I found a little something. For some reason, dash jumping at the start of a j.lk/lp j.mp j.hk chain makes BB propel himself backward at an alarming speed. This allows for effortless corner carry combos. I haven't tested this on anyone else, but it's probably BB specific.

j.lk seems to have more knockback than j.lp, but you should probably use both as starters. This doesn't seem to work on j.mp j.hk or anything else.

Corner to corner loop-based combo. BB specific. Pretty easy execution for being a 1-meter corner carry. Uses a delayed run stop after a tumbling run for a little extra distance. This might not seem important, but it helps push you just a little bit more into the corner.

dash-jump j.lk, j.mp, j.hk
s.mp, Tumbling Run, Run Stop (approximately 10 frames or less of running)
j.hk
j.mp, j.hk
dash-jump j.lp, j.mp, j.hk
s.lp x2, c.mp, s.hk, Cerecopter xx Dynamo

You can forgo with the super entirely for a meterless corner carry, although it gives you less frame advantage.

Stagger Escape, buddy. :^)

The distance it gives is minimal, but yeah, I forgot about that.

Big Band's hurtbox is big enough that Excellebella can actually combo off a mid-screen dynamo. This isn't really all that important, but it might be useful if you're trying to get the opponent closer to the corner or if you need to pump out just a little bit more damage.

It also works as a great way to get more damage at max undizzy, since they can't burst until after the canned animation is over. This applies to all characters, of course, but it's especially useful with Band because you can use it to squeeze out damage in midscreen when your opponent is already at max undizzy. If they burst on the first possible frame, they'll hit you, but it's a waste of undizzy to do so since you're not going to be able to run up to them after Excellebella anyway.

EDIT: Excellebella deals 452 at max scaling. Dynamo deals 1057.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Excellabella

This also works after Diamond Drop. Copter should link from Dynamo as well, not just Excellabella. Not sure about Diamond Drop > Copter.
Excellabella builds a nice chunk of meter, meaning you could use it to squeeze out enough meter for a second dynamo.

For people wanting to do j.LP....s.LP to save the undizzy from j.HP between them, I found a nice trick:
Do j.LPx3 ~ j.HK (land) LP. The j.HK startup lets her land something like 8-10f faster than staying in the j.LP animation.

Also I made a video of things that do damage:

I was going to make a post about a big discovery, but I realized halfway through that double pummel horse is still completely useless and that every other option completely outclasses it. So, all of this information is likely not useful, except in niche situations. It might still be CMV material though (@dragonos451 triple pummel horse combo?). If you want to use this seriously, use diamond drop instead of pummel horse. It'll net you about 400 more damage. Anyway, here's the post:

-----

Using a late item drop assist, you can actually combo out of staggerless pummel horse, meaning you can use a staggered pummel horse in your combo, an unstaggered pummel horse (combo'd out of with item drop), and a final unstaggered pummel horse that isn't combo'd out of and finishes off the combo. The third pummel horse is useless compared to Bella's other enders, but the second pummel horse, the comboable unstaggered pummel horse, is much more interesting.

Pummel horse deals 210 for 20 undizzy (10 1/2:1), and late item drop assist deals 577 for 20 undizzy (28 17/20:1) This is absurdly good, allowing you to get 787 damage for 40 undizzy (19 27/40:1). There are other specials that deal much, much more damage (cerecopter/excellebella), but they require OTG and one meter to combo off of. Pummel horse just requires stagger and nothing else, making it efficient at max scaling. With late item drop assist, you can use it twice instead of just once, while also staying efficient and dealing great damage without using too much undizzy.

With all this in mind, you can jam twice as much pummel horse into your combos, which, theoretically, could be efficient enough to allow for unprecedented levels of damage with only one bar. You're getting 787 damage out of two moves at max scaling, without using OTG or meter, which means that it doesn't interfere with Bella's regular enders, like [s.lp x2, c.mk, f.hp, Cerecopter xx Dynamo]. Because it's not an ender and it's used in the middle of the combo, it can be fairly compared to Bella's regular filler chains, which often deal pitiful damage and use lots of meter. To emphasize this, here's a list of Bella's normals, with pummel horse and late item drop for comparison:

Code:
Damage  Move            Expanded Damage Undizzy (Damage:Undizzy Ratio)
120     s.lp            60 + 60         15 (8:1)
120     s.mp            120             20 (6:1)
275     s.hp            275             30 (9 1/6:1)
440     f.hp            440             30 (14 2/3:1)
80      s.lk            80              15 (5 1/3:)
120     s.mk            120             20 (6:1)
260     s.hk            120 + 140       30 (8 2/3:1)
50      c.lp            50              15 (3 1/3:1)
110     c.mp            110             20 (5 1/2:1)
190     c.hp            190             30 (6 1/3:1)
65      c.lk            65              15 (4 1/3:1)
110     c.mk            110             20 (5.5:1)
302     c.hk            302             30 (10 1/15:1)
210     Pummel Horse    35(6)           20 (10 1/2:1)
577     Item Drop (max) 577             20 (28 17/20:1)

As you can see, none of Bella's normals even come close to the damage and efficiency offered by pummel horse + late item drop. Bella has fairly good enders (titan knuckle and cerecopter/excellebella are great!), but her filler chains aren't nearly as effective. With these two moves, I could easily see a wide range of high-damage combos being created. These two moves in conjunction don't use OTG and don't use meter, so they don't get in the way of anything else, unless, of course, you're already making use of a different Peacock assist.

Again, this is mostly for CMVs, but because it's not an ender and because of its extreme efficiency in contrast to Bella's regular filler chains, I feel it was worth mentioning. This all works with diamond drop, too, which is slightly more complicated to set up but deals greater damage overall. It seems item drop has a vortex effect on hit after diamond drop. I'm not sure why it does, but it certainly makes comboing without using OTG a lot easier.

Thanks for giving the real reason, Mike.
I added an instant transition from the first frame if other Kicks were held, but when I added the alternate commands on Punch I forgot to add that for them. Happy? :^)

lights only or whatever
That combo does more damage without the assist, and works on all weights. Substitute the assist, c.lp, c.mk for c.mk after the wall bounce. It will also retain your ground bounce, so afterwards in the corner you can do another Dynamo.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
That combo does more damage without the assist, and works on all weights. Substitute the assist, c.lp, c.mk for c.mk after the wall bounce. It will also retain your ground bounce, so afterwards in the corner you can do another Dynamo.

To compile onto this, if you want to use Updo in your combo from a kanchou starter and GAIN damage, try doing;

cLK cMP sHP Kanchou
Call Assist > otg cHK (Updo hits) > Pummel Horse
Things

Uses otg, but lets you get otg sweep, which is a nice chunk of damage.
Got this from Mr Peck quite a long time ago. Works with Pillar too and maybe some other assists.

Heyo, this is the BnB I use vs. heavy characters, specially vs. Big Band as the c.lk c.mp j.mp j.hk reestand drops at a distance.
It works on:
Big Band
Double
Beowulf
Bella
Eliza (corner only)

Combo:
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.mp XX j.hk
s.mp, Merry-go-rilla
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.lp (mash) j.hp
c.lp c.mp s.hp Cerecopter, Diamond Dynamo (8050 dmg)

H counterhit combo (Big Band, Double and Eliza):
c.hp
j.mp XX j.hk
j.lk j.mp j.hk
s.mp, Merry-go-rilla
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.lp (mash) j.hp
c.lp c.mp s.hp Cerecopter, Diamond Dynamo (8975 dmg)

Heyo, this is the BnB I use vs. heavy characters, specially vs. Big Band as the c.lk c.mp j.mp j.hk reestand drops at a distance.

Surprised somebody hasn't posted a band-specific BnB before. There's a lot of nice stuff you can do versus Band to squeeze out extra damage. c.hp, j.mp j.hk is a great example; it deals more damage, and also moves him farther. There are some minor optimization tidbits that you could improve in that combo, but otherwise, it's pretty solid.

You can also immediately convert off a throw with c.lk c.mk, which deals more damage than if you did c.lk c.mp c.hp into j.lp spam. You can do j.lp spam off OTG, and a few other things. I might have to make a list later because there's too much band-specific tech to remember it all.

You can get more damage than that. All the most damaging Bella combos tend to start with link into Kanchou. It's basically this combo:

midscreen
c.lk, c.mp, s.hp, Kanchou,
c.mk, j.mp, j.hk,
s.hp, Pummel Horse,
c.mp, c.hp, j.lp mash, j.hp,
s.lp, c.mp, s.hk, cerecopter, dynamo
8177, or if you reach the corner and do a second dynamo, 9234

HCH variant
j.hk,
c.lk, c.mp, s.hp, Kanchou,
c.mk, j.mp, j.hk,
s.hp, Pummel Horse,