• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Vs Beowulf Matchup Help

Thornwood

Reaction score
Cerebella
Hi Guys, I'm new to Skullgirls and I am starting with Cerebella. I always get beat by Beowulf. I get zoned and then grabbed if I try to go in. I have learned that I should be blocking high vs Beowulf because people don't usually do lows. I can't figure out how to safely get in and do some damage. Does anyone have advice for this machup 1v1?

Reactions: dusday
I'm also kind of new, but I'll try and help in whatever way I can. If the Beowulf in question is trying to be super mobile and hit you with those jumping overheads, you've got a great anti air grab. Also, range can be a problem, but Merry-Go-Rilla is a really great way to catch them off guard, especially since the range on it is pretty nice. Don't totally abuse your grabs because that can get pretty predicable, plus, a whiffed grab can mean serious pain for Bella. Don't be afraid to play a neutral game, if you blindly pressure you're gonna get grabbed and that can be especially painful when dealing with Beowulf. This is also sort of general, but, more than anything else be patient. Bella's kind of like Hugo from SF in that way. You can apply pressure when you need to and grab when they least expect it but if you get salty and start mashing or just run in without a plan it's real likely you'll get bopped. I wish you best of luck against Beowulf and I hoped this helped.

-Stuffy

Thank you Stuffy, I will takes your words of wisdom and try to apply them to my game. right now, I don't walk in with a plan other than I wanna hit that super easy combo, but I have learned to recognize Parasol and Peacock try to keep me out of range so I press hard in those fights. But from your response I will try to control the air if the Beowulf is real active and in the air. As well as try to fight the urge to mash, I do it when I panic.

Yeah man, waiting out a Parasol or Peacock is difficult. You can reflect their projectiles which takes a chunk of timing and practice. Try and learn their projectile patterns and use your fly wisely, every player's got projectile patterns. Getting that super easy combo is always a plus and will totally help you out.

Reactions: dusday
Is there a great way to prevent him from doing his jump heavy punch (the one where he lays flat while holding the chair)?

Is there a great way to prevent him from doing his jump heavy punch (the one where he lays flat while holding the chair)?
Airgrab, excellabella, devil horns, chickenblocking it, j.LK, early cr.HP, cr.MK might work as well. I'd recommend trying those out in practice mode (set the AI to jump and do Beo's j.HP) some of them might work better than others.

Airgrab, excellabella, devil horns, chickenblocking it, j.LK, early cr.HP, cr.MK might work as well. I'd recommend trying those out in practice mode (set the AI to jump and do Beo's j.HP) some of them might work better than others.

Thanks I'll give em a shot!