• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Classic Game Room

SanoBaron

Delicious chewable Hubba-Bella
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Steam
RedRummage and for 3DS 3695-0329-5107
PSN
Sanoblaze
Cerebella Peacock
I saw there was no Classic Game Room thread.
After half an hour of yelling obscenities about this atrocity, I took it upon myself to fix this error.

May this thread be a glorious tribute to the forerunner of internet review shows.
936full-mark-bussler.jpg

A toast (preferrably a good beer) to you, Mark Bussler!

now, let us Sacrifice Derek so that his soul may feed the ever-growing hunger of Lord Karnage.

Reactions: Error Macro
Quick update on Classis Game Room.

Due to the new Youtube changes, Mark is now hosting all of his review videos on his main webstie through Dailymotion. It's nice to see one internet gaming personality not worrying about the money TBH

http://classicgameroom.com/

I really like the show, though my feelings are a bit mixed on the reviewing style in general.

On one hand, Mark is very fun to watch and his easy going style makes it so that even if you disagree with him, you won't be annoyed in quite the same way that you would with some other more...self assured reviewers. He also covers a LOT of good games (some obscure, some not) that most "hardcore" players (hate the word but...) should really appreciate.

On the other hand, I feel like he sometimes takes the attitude that "if it's not awful, and somebody likes it, than it's a good game in my book.". I also feel like he sometimes doesn't go into enough detail, especially when dealing with the classic and arcade style games that the show draws its name from. When you're dealing with these really simple, oldschool types of games, often times the subtleties of things like level design, the types of challenges you face, how the mechanics force you to play, scoring, etc. are really what give each game a unique play style. CGR does still get a helluva lot of points for appreciating these types of games though, which is more than a lot of game journalists can say.

I'd rather watch him than Yahtzee, anyone on 1up or ign, or pretty much any other popular reviewer. I'm just not sure I would spend 200 dollars buying an old super nes cart or import title based on one of his reviews, since I don't think I'd end up knowing much more about the game than that it's solid and playable.

Reactions: Error Macro
I really like the show, though my feelings are a bit mixed on the reviewing style in general.

On one hand, Mark is very fun to watch and his easy going style makes it so that even if you disagree with him, you won't be annoyed in quite the same way that you would with some other more...self assured reviewers. He also covers a LOT of good games (some obscure, some not) that most "hardcore" players (hate the word but...) should really appreciate.

On the other hand, I feel like he sometimes takes the attitude that "if it's not awful, and somebody likes it, than it's a good game in my book.". I also feel like he sometimes doesn't go into enough detail, especially when dealing with the classic and arcade style games that the show draws its name from. When you're dealing with these really simple, oldschool types of games, often times the subtleties of things like level design, the types of challenges you face, how the mechanics force you to play, scoring, etc. are really what give each game a unique play style. CGR does still get a helluva lot of points for appreciating these types of games though, which is more than a lot of game journalists can say.

I'd rather watch him than Yahtzee, anyone on 1up or ign, or pretty much any other popular reviewer. I'm just not sure I would spend 200 dollars buying an old super nes cart or import title based on one of his reviews, since I don't think I'd end up knowing much more about the game than that it's solid and playable.
I just think Mark is pretty much a reviewer the world could use more. even when he says a game or a console sucks he still doesnt go on a tangent or break his carefree attitude. its why I love him.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook

i was surprised by the ending...... Vetrex Always wins...

Mark is cool. He's not really funny or anything but he does cover some really underground or obscure games that people wouldn't have known about otherwise. I like his channel personally.

same here, i like he always is like laid back, he never takes him self too seriously. in fact he was the one who got me into collecting PC games.