• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Co-Star of Big Band's story mode; predictions

Osmiumsmith

Kahahahaha!
Reaction score
PSN
Ossombra
In all story modes, another character besides the one you choose plays an important part on it.

Filia: Painwheel
Cerebela: Ms. Fortune
Peacock: Her cronies/Avian/Marie
Parasoul: Umbrella/Egrets
Ms. Fortune: Minette/Valentine
Painwheel: Valentine/Brain Drain
Valentine: Painwheel
Double: The trinity
Squigly: Filia/Double

Who do you think Big Band will interact with in his story?

For me, probably Patricia or Bela. Maybe with some shows of the other Lab 8 denizens.

Black Dahlia, on account that they used to be part of the labs together with Stanley

It could be Either Leduc, Hive, Illeum, Peacock, Brain Drain, Valentine, B. Dahlia, and maybe even Stanly simply because they have ties with the ASG Labs.

Mafia affiliated characters are another possibility.

It could be Squigly. The incident that killed her family could have been his first case.

It's definitely Peacock. His poster features both of them.

I should had just made a thread about the story of the remaining characters.

Eliza, Wulf and Robo will have their own stories. I am certain that they won't share the same co-stars.

Counting Big Band, I am sure that Bela and Patricia will appear since they are the only characters that didn't co-star yet. Parasoul may appear also, since she only played a small part on Squigly's story, but she is difficult to fit with the others (maybe Eliza).

Alex said that Big Band and Ileum has fought against 2 previous Skullgirls together, so Squigly's mother must have been one of them.

Wait…

The description for the Indiegogo campaign featured his Bio, it said he fought as a soldier in the Great War (7 years before the game) during which Queen Nancy was the Skullgirl. He was a beat cop in New Meridian when the war had ended, where he got the violent retirement and became a member of Lab 8 afterwards, as the Big Band we all know and love.

So either he knew Illeum when he was still a normal person and fought with her during the war or they altered his story after the campaign and I missed out about it.

He totally could have fought against Squigly’s mother with Illeum, he was a part of the Anti-Skullgirls Lab during the time. But as of Queen Nancy, he wasn’t Big Band yet, at least that’s what I thought.

Of course he could have met Illeum in the Great War, but she’s an Anti-Skullgirl Weapon, would have been an amazing coincidence if she fought with one soldier against Nancy and that soldier was Ben Birdland, the later Big Band. But, if I think about it… would be cool if it actually was Illeum who had the idea about recruting and rebuilding Ben to battle against the Skullgirl threat, because she remembered the brave soldier who fought at her side against Nancy.

Yeah… I really like the idea! So I hope we see more Illeum, Stanley, Leduc & Hive in Big Bands Story Mode, Peacock would be great too.

Wait…

The description for the Indiegogo campaign featured his Bio, it said he fought as a soldier in the Great War (7 years before the game) during which Queen Nancy was the Skullgirl. He was a beat cop in New Meridian when the war had ended, where he got the violent retirement and became a member of Lab 8 afterwards, as the Big Band we all know and love.

So either he knew Illeum when he was still a normal person and fought with her during the war or they altered his story after the campaign and I missed out about it.

He totally could have fought against Squigly’s mother with Illeum, he was a part of the Anti-Skullgirls Lab during the time. But as of Queen Nancy, he wasn’t Big Band yet, at least that’s what I thought.

Of course he could have met Illeum in the Great War, but she’s an Anti-Skullgirl Weapon, would have been an amazing coincidence if she fought with one soldier against Nancy and that soldier was Ben Birdland, the later Big Band. But, if I think about it… would be cool if it actually was Illeum who had the idea about recruting and rebuilding Ben to battle against the Skullgirl threat, because she remembered the brave soldier who fought at her side against Nancy.

Yeah… I really like the idea! So I hope we see more Illeum, Stanley, Leduc & Hive in Big Bands Story Mode, Peacock would be great too.
Hmm. Just for reference, let me just quote his bio from the IGG.
Ben Birdland has seen a lot in his time, including the worst of the Grand War. But nothing was worse than what he saw as a beat cop in New Meridian. When he ran afoul of his crooked unit he was given a violent early retirement, and his broken body was left to spend the rest of its days in an iron lung.

That would have been the end of Ben’s story if it hadn't drawn the ears of the Anti-Skullgirl Labs. With little left to lose, he agreed to be rebuilt with their experimental procedures. Melded with the machinery that allows him to breathe and a powerful an array of pneumatic weaponry, he was reborn as “Big Band.”

Now a senior member of Lab 8, he’s become a father figure of sort to the younger ASG soldiers. A firm believer in their cause, he has stayed with the project through its controversies and still sees his place on the front lines against the Skullgirl. His technology may be dated, but he more than makes up for it with experience and fortissimo.
I don't think it says specifically that he was a cop after the Grand War. Taking what Alex said into account, it seems to imply that he fought in the Grand War as Big Band. Alex also said that the Grand War lasted for about a decade or so, ending 7 years ago as of the current SG timeline, so Ben could have been a cop before and/or during the Grand War, got turned into Big Band and was sent to fight in the war.

Surprise, it's Annie, Girl of the Stars.
Totally this.

It will be Peacock for sure. She's on his poster.

Anyways, what do you guys think? When will BB's story mode come?

It will be Peacock for sure. She's on his poster.

Anyways, what do you guys think? When will BB's story mode come?
Whenever Big Band is released; either at the end of this month or early February depending how much work needs to be done for him. I can definitely say that we'll be seeing Peacock along side with him, possibly using her in matches similar to how they done it in Squigly's story mode. Wouldn't be surprised if Black Dahlia showed up again, this time having a bigger part than the last two times she showed up.

I'm going with the popular opinion and saying Peacock. I honestly want to see how Big Band and Peacock interact with each other. That seems like it could be pretty funny, especially if Peacock has jokes about Big Band's condition.

I'm expecting Black Dahlia to show up in Eliza's story mode instead of Big Band's, mainly because Eliza was mentioned to be blackmailed into sometimes doing the Medici's dirty work.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I think we can be pretty certain we'll be seeing Peacock in Big Band's story mode. (And about time, too. She hasn't shown up in anyone else's story mode in any kind of significant role yet, save for being alluded to by Marie. She needs more love. ;-; )

She's the only other playable character from Lab 8, she's on his poster, and Big Band's opening quote when fighting against her indicates some definite familiarity.

(Not to mention, it's also hilarious.)

Judging by one of his quotes against Squigly, and the backstory we have that states he's fought against two Skullgirls in the past, it's entirely possible we'll see her as well. Though it could just be in flashback form, depending on how the story plays out.

Valentine is also a possibility, seeing as how she worked for the Labs and all. Peacock got pretty ticked off at her in her story mode, and if Avian dying is a consistent event in Big Band's storymode, then I doubt he'll be all too happy with our busty nurse either.

As for non-playable cameos, I think we can count on plenty of ASG Labs affiliated characters. Leduc, Hive, Ileum, etc. etc. This could also include antagonists like Black Dahlia. Unlike Squigly, we really don't have any readily accessible old canon to make guesses off of with Big Band, so everything is still generally up in the air at this point.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Umbrella and Filia will be his co-stars.

Peacock. THAT'S WHY I LOVE BIG BAND'S STORY MODE.
(Hopefully she won't die in there, hah... That would be bad... And BB's story mode would be the worst... Well, I don't even know if she will be there... Nevermind.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaname-madoki
When was it said that Dahlia was at the labs, other than her knowing Geiger? I know Tom and Ottomo were there, but Dahlia too?

While I'd bet money on the main side character in his storymode being Peacock, now that I've heard more intro/winquotes makes me think we might also see Parasoul or even a cameo from Squigly. Since they're the ones he seems to have the most "familiar" quotes with aside from Peacock.

Reactions: Kaname-madoki
While I'd bet money on the main side character in his storymode being Peacock, now that I've heard more intro/winquotes makes me think we might also see Parasoul or even a cameo from Squigly. Since they're the ones he seems to have the most "familiar" quotes with aside from Peacock.
I don't think Squigly is important, when he says "this sure takes me back" im pretty sure he is rmembering the time when Squigly was a popular rising star during the height of his career

I don't think Squigly is important, when he says "this sure takes me back" im pretty sure he is rmembering the time when Squigly was a popular rising star during the height of his career

While that could be true, we do know that Big Band has fought against two Skullgirls in the past. He's not ridiculously old, so the only assumption we can make is that those Skullgirls were Queen Nancy and Squigly's mother, Selene. Since Squigly herself fought to stop Selene, it's not all too far-fetched to guess that he and Squigly joined forces in that fight.

Maybe it will be Iluem. Why? Because I ship it :)

Shipping is a stupid reason to make any assumptions about anything. But, seeing as how we also know that Ileum participated in those aforementioned two Skullgirl fights as well, who knows? It's possible she might make a cameo. Screentime seems to be mostly devoted to playable or immediately relevant characters, so we'll have to see.

That does bring up an interesting point, though, now I think about it. Will character storymode fights ever include DLC characters? Because if someone hasn't purchased a DLC character, it would make the process of implementing that character into a story kind of weird... Maybe they could circumvent it by putting together character+storymode DLC packs. Just throwing that out there.

Now that is pretty much confirmed, I hope for situations like these:
tumblr_n4fq4l6EQ51qffhhlo1_1280.png

tumblr_n4fq4l6EQ51qffhhlo2_1280.png

Paths, man...

Last edited:
Now that is pretty much confirmed, I hope for situations like these:
tumblr_n4fq4l6EQ51qffhhlo1_1280.png

tumblr_n4fq4l6EQ51qffhhlo2_1280.png

Paths, man...

Well

You've done it

You've combined my two favorite things ever