• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Colossi's Traning Diary

Colossi

THE ONE THAT DODGES
Reaction score
Steam
Colossi
Fukua Cerebella Unknown
yay I deleted everything again

Last edited:
Reactions: CaioLugon
LnL assist does force you to have a tight neutral game and doesn't do much good against players that love to stay in the air. (Val mirrors feel so dumb)
I still use it though since Pillar, Updo, Hornet Bomber, and poorly called Cerecopter assists getting rocked in the face feels SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD.
In neutral it's mainly a ground projectile to cover Val while she runs forward, airdash j.mp, or lk/mk bypass.

Calling LnL and doing EKG at the start of the match or after getting pushblocked also is a wonderful dumb thing. If blocked, it's a crossup and a counter hit if they try to punish with anything but grab. On hit, it's an extra 1000 something damage.

Reactions: Colossi
I just love calling LnL when I know they are calling Brass. Oh man, that 1/4 Big Band's HP going away...
My Little Lock'n'Load: Counterhit is magical

Reactions: gllt and Muro
updated the whole thing

Depression been kicking in, times are hard, but I'm feeling better.
Got really salty this last sunday showdown at something I'm usually ok-ish to deal with, that is DP assists. More specifically, 3 of them, but now that my mind is a bit clearer, I'll find a way to deal with them that suits my playstyle.

Also, added Fukua to my team, but still figuring out her synergy specially with Val, that is my main focus on the team. Some crosses can be made, yeah, but I'm not sure what assist to get.
  • M shadow is ok, helps on neutral game and can give me a free combo. Also has some gimmicks that you can do with it.
  • H shadow is something I don't consider much because you can't get a combo if the character is airborne and get hit, and if he's grounded you can't get the OTG. You can only convert off of it if you hit them before you hit the ground.
  • Thought about H Drill, but the invin (hit invincible, iirc) is way shorter than the regular one, so it kinda sucks as assist. It's good for some lockdown and corner pressure, it even ables you to load a vial, but meh, corner pressure val is kinda boring and anti-fun to play with and against.
  • I thought about and @Dreamepitaph also suggested H fireball to use as a DP-like assist, but I don't see myself converting off of it in any way, specially after the beta changes. It'll just stop their advance. Of course you can maybe follow with an air grab, but you can't do it more than 2 times a set, and not always you'll have meter for that air grab conversion.
later I add more stuff here

Reactions: gllt
TO DO LIST:
  • FUKUA

• learn when to use fast cmd grab
    • don't mash BFF all the time
    • train more beta fukua, because of fireball changes
    • find a bnb that doesn't whiff so frequently on fortune and pw
    • re-read the fukua tech thread
    • learn her interaction with bella and val
    • find a fixed assist option for her (probably M shadow)
  • VAL
    • Find new reset options, even tho they are few
    • Work better in a way to convert off of H bypass/air throw > scalpels
    • jump less, block more
    • do more tick throws, not only after grab resets, but midcombo too
    • work on val's tag in conversion
  • Bella
    • jump less
    • use more diamond drop, since I can convert off of it with bypass
    • learn some crossunders
    • learn her interaction with fukua and whatever assist I choose for her
    • learn how to do a 360 consistently on a keyboard
  • OVERALL
    • Learn how to deal with and not to get mad at consistent corner pressure, specially against @noaa and Naza
    • Pay more attention to obvious crosses that I always fall for (i.e: parasoul's hold j.mk j.b+lk)
    • Do not mash tag everytime I'm fucked up, just wait for the right time
    • Take some games more seriously, but without losing my mind and getting mad during and depressed after. It's a game after all, and I should be concerned if it's not making me feel good.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonos451
TO DO LIST:
  • FUKUA
Allow me to correct you.

Fireball changes are only on the air fireballs. the ground fireballs are the same hitstun and block stun. I'm saying use H fireball because if it hits you get plenty of time to j mp with val as well as doing j hk with bella (i've done it with bella plenty of times to confirm that fireball confirms are possible.).

You can also use M fireball as a way to control the midscreen space.
As for BNB's. i'll bring you to training mode after work. depending on what you want i can supply.

Bella
-jump less
-use more diamond drop
Liked the post just for that.

PS : you don't need h bypass to have a good reason to use DD. It's good anyway. So good it's almost a legit reversal.

What I meant with Fireball changes on beta on the post you quoted is that kinda 25% of my confirms are j.HKs that I cancel into fireball and combo after. It's not something that I should do frequently, but hey

I feel like dropping the game. For real, everytime I play seems like I'm downgrading more and more. Pretty much all my matches against someone that I used to play at the same level are free loses, and this is pissing me off to the point of commiting silly mistakes. Even though I spend hours at the lab, trying to find and actually finding new thing, even though I DO add them to my gameplan, they seem to fail most of the times. It's like I achieved the peak of what I could evolve with Val/Bella team and there's nothing more that I can do but add another character to the team, that is something I don't feel like doing.

Val is looking way too weak and plain to me. She's not fun to play anymore. Her resets are lame and it seems like she can only succeed while doing corner pressure (that is something I really hate to do) and with a good DP assist and a safe DHC, and I have none. Bella is solid, but I never liked her much, to begin with. Fukua is nice and easy to learn, but her incoming nerfs are not making me keep playing this.

C'mon man, don't say that. If don't like Val any more try something else. We got more characters coming up, maybe you'll find a new love, idk. You're such a big part of our community, don't leave us now T.T

if it makes you feel any better i've challenged all of Brazil, and it going to be streamed. You're invited to come along and do a ft5 with me. Noaa and I are organizing it right as we speak.

Just played a set against @Dreamepitaph. Unfortunately, I can't record without sacrificing some FPS, and that's something I'm not willing to do.

Anyway, FTT notes and mine:
  • I shoud learn new resets
  • I should grab less
  • I should jump less with Bella
  • Brazilians should mash less (toplel, definetely not happening)
  • I should have an DP assist
  • Stop making predictable jumps
  • Waste less meter (probably not happening too, air bypass scalpels <3) even though I recognize it's coming to the same level of waste of meter as mashing lvl 2 like I used to do
  • Stop using j.lk after bypass scalpels
  • Use more c.lp when being pressured, specially against Filia
C'mon man, don't say that. If don't like Val any more try something else. We got more characters coming up, maybe you'll find a new love, idk. You're such a big part of our community, don't leave us now T.T
Thanks for the words, man. Also it'd be hard to drop the game.
S9sWFiC.gif

if it makes you feel any better i've challenged all of Brazil, and it going to be streamed. You're invited to come along and do a ft5 with me. Noaa and I are organizing it right as we speak.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: Muro
Dropped Val. I feel that she is built to play defensively and abuse invincible assist calls, and pressuring in the corner calling lockdown assists, and I don't see myself doing this. Her resets feel slow and predictable compared to other characters that have similar movement and deal heavier damage (aka Fortune and somewhat Filia). Her backdash annoys me to no end since it cannot be canceled into anything but air dash (ground backdash) or double jump. Her command grab is so shitty that I feel that it shouldn't even be in the game. She has no ground or wall bounce (that are mechanics that I enjoy), no stagger, no decent reversal, no safe DHC, shitty assist options and no meterless conversion off of air grab. Her specials are barely useful inside combos, specially midscreen (bypass is good on corner, but bypass loops are not practical and all have tight links and fewer reset options than the regular combos. Shuriken toss is not even used on combos midscreen, and purple/orange vials have tight links midscreen because of distance).

Will focus more on discovering new tech from Fun-kua (she is a fun character, she has fun on her name), specially regarding fireball resets and clone crosses or this kind of stuff. Also, I have to learn more Bella tech, even if this means I have to learn charge moves.

Will also work on Fortune and Parasoul, just for the heck of it.

I don't know why Fortune. She has a palette that I like, probably because of this.
Parasoul because I need to learn charge moves to improve my Bella, so yeah, learning something heavily charge dependant is something I consider useful.

I don't know why Fortune. She has a palette that I like, probably because of this.
Parasoul because I need to learn charge moves to improve my Bella, so yeah, learning something heavily charge dependant is something I consider useful.
I'm sorry I had to laugh, but I had to. Just got back from 6 hours of nonstop classes and I see this. Just makes me feel better. But if you are going to bulk up your characters I would do Parasoul. You gotta know how to do the sonic booms and the somersaults. The kitty can wait.

I don't like Kitty's neutral game and I'm not really interested on it, but I'm already developing stuff with Fukua.

idk, don't feel like playing anything anymore
SG related, I just want to play beta, but there's no beta lobby, nobody enters my lobby and I get kicked by everyone that creates a lobby due to ping. When I play, it's always the same people that plays with me. Our weekly tourneys are hitting up to 10 people tops, and we used to get near 20 iirc.

I've tried to combocraft yesterday with Bella and I almost slept in my chair, and it happened again this afternoon while trying to combocraft with Fukua and Val.
I don't feel like training or achieving anything because there's no scene around me, and the remaining of the scene that Brazil has is diminishing. Every Brazilian I find on lobbies/quickmatch:
  • don't get involved with the brazilian community or
  • don't accept me on steam
  • get involved for 2 days and that's it
I'm just... eh.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Colossi! We should play this weekend! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

You guys are so sweet

I'll be free either tomorrow or sunday, I'll message you if I see you online!

After playing some matches with @Dreamepitaph, @Icky <3 and Jorge (I don't know his name here), I've noticed some stuff.
9.jpg
I feel like Wyald from Berserk. I can block stuff with ease. I can react to stuff. I have some moves of my own. But I don't have reads.
All my gameplan is based on the resets that I want to do. I don't think about the opponent's option. I don't think that he can raw tag, or reversal super. I always think my reset will land and I'll win the match, even though I fail more than I succeed.

I also tend to try the same thing over and over. An example is when I was fighting with Icky and later Jorge, I've been using too many times Mortuary Drop on blockstrings, even when I knew they were going to jump it easily. It's a move that should be used once per set, maybe twice if the set is really long. It's something that people should not expect, that should be used almost never.

I also need to pay more attention to what the opponent is doing.
Jorge jumps a lot, so I should risk more excelebellas and use more ground H fireball and M shadow with Fukua, instead of trying to catching him doing H Brass or chairless c.hk with my L shadow. He's been also doing tick throws, like c.lk > throw with big band, but I've been able to react to some. My fights with Icky <3 were pretty even. I wasn't trying to win and I think he wasn't either, but there were some mistakes that I made that shouldn't occur even when playing only for fun, like input errors, bad assist calls and this kind of stuff.

I'll follow an advice that my friend Pxoto gave me. I'll start noting my habits and my opponent's habits somewhere. Probably on Sublime. I'll see how it goes.

We need to play more <3 You're fun to play against when we're not lagging haha

Yes yes, let the excelebellas flow through you.
Jorge is here to say, you're doing great son, keep up the good work. You will make it, I know you will. Because you're Colossi, you can do everything.

yo-bro-youre-the-best.jpg

i just feel you do things just to do things and that's one thing i have 100% against the community of SG for the most part. that said i'll force myself to play more games against you just to help you out.

i just feel you do things just to do things and that's one thing i have 100% against the community of SG for the most part. that said i'll force myself to play more games against you just to help you out.
Look man, one of those back dash j.hp with filia while your fullscreen away will definitely hit one of these days maybe eventually probably I guess it's not likely let me dream please.

Reactions: Cadenza
Played a set against @Mr Peck yesterday. Was pretty fun.
My notes:
jump more
really, jump more against bella
beowulf is doing too many tick throws
stop doing mortuary drops (even tho he's not jumping anymore)
stop doing L shadow on blockstrings against bella
bait reversals (he does it sometimes)ok
careful with low assist and overhead point
peacock's c.hp doesn't look like a low, but it is, remember that
beware of filia blender
I didn't follow most of these. I'll keep trying, tho.

Reactions: gllt and Mr Peck
So... I'll be leaving for a month or two. Don't know yet, but today I'm going to the beach and I'll stay there until the end of January, probably. I'll have my notebook with me, tho, so yeah, will probably spend this month training, but will try not to because hey, it's a beach.

I also believe that when you don't play for some time, you come back with a different view.

Since we don't have thanks giving in Brazil, I will thank some people here
I'd like to thank the Brazilian Skullgirls Community. It was a great pleasure to play with all of you during this year, specially to noaa and Mwisk for hosting the Brazilian Sunday Showdown every week.
I'd also like to thank the guys from BNB. It is pretty nice to chat with all of you.
And thanks to Icky. Because he's Icky <3.

I've managed to get a 3G modem and I actually have internet on the beach, yay.
Tried to play with noaa, 200ping, and he doesn't even live that far from me. No online to me. He told me to stop playing this thing to take advantage of something we call Guitar Hero Effect.
The Guitar Hero Effect is when you stop playing a game for a long time and when you come back, you come back better, with a different vision of the game.
Anyway, I didn't listen, and the destiny found a way to fucking smash my middlefinger when closing a window.

Thanks, noaa. You fucked up my finger.
not really, ily