• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

comboing into kanchu

akindhobo

derp
Reaction score
Steam
a_kind_hobo
Squigly Eliza
So was trying to combo in kanchou just from a simple string
lp mp hp xx kanchou

sometimes it hit, most of the times its too slow
was wondering if there was any method to get this consistently

c.lk, c.mp, s.hp

c.lk has a longer range than lp, c.mp moves you forward a little and s.hp has a ton of hitstun.

should work consistently at the right range as long as you do kanchou with the correct timing.

Charge back forward + mk+hk gives you kanchou on the first frame possible.
Charge + lk+mk gives you run/stop on the first frame possible.

Charge back forward + mk+hk gives you kanchou on the first frame possible.
Charge + lk+mk gives you run/stop on the first frame possible.

Thanks, works really well now I need to figure out combos out of Kanchou

But Kanchou only wallbounces once, now.

But Kanchou only wallbounces once, now.

Yeah, those links should all still work, just only 1 per combo

But Oh My Gosh, that sweep one was godly.

c.lk, c.mp, s.hp, kanchou,
Devil horns, c.mk, j.mp, j.hk,
c.hp, mash j.lp, j.hp,
s.lp, s.lp, s.hk, cerecopter, super
s.lk, s.mk, s.hk, cerecopter, super.

~10k (only works on lights)

There might be better ones, I simply adapted the best MDE combo I had to encore.

Question on this; when you guys say "Press HK+MK" what do you mean? is it press HK to start the run and MK immediately after to get the Kanchou? or are you legit pressing them together at the same time? WHen I tried the latter I would randomly get headbutt.

and just to be sure c.lk , s.mp , s.hp, kanchou is a legit combo right? like it should say 4 hits as they wall bounce? I was thinking it only "combos" because of how fast she switches sides, presumably before the opponent comes out of hitsun after the s.HP.

I only just figured out that holding the button is actually how you launch so bear with me please.

Question on this; when you guys say "Press HK+MK" what do you mean? is it press HK to start the run and MK immediately after to get the Kanchou? or are you legit pressing them together at the same time? WHen I tried the latter I would randomly get headbutt.

and just to be sure c.lk , s.mp , s.hp, kanchou is a legit combo right? like it should say 4 hits as they wall bounce? I was thinking it only "combos" because of how fast she switches sides, presumably before the opponent comes out of hitsun after the s.HP.

I only just figured out that holding the button is actually how you launch so bear with me please.
You typically always want to do c.MP over s.MP since it moves you closer to the opponent, which means you'll cross behind them sooner for kanchou to combo off s.HP. And yes, it should say 4 hits and get you a wall bounce. (you get one kanchou wallbounce per combo as a sidenote)

There are a few ways to get kanchou to come out. (HK+MK), (HK+MP), (MP+MK) and (LK+MP). If you are getting headbutt to come out, that is most likely due to you pressing HK very slightly after MK. The reason this happens is because the MK initiates the run, and then the HK does the headbutt followup. Turn on your input display in training mode to see exactly when you are pressing your buttons. As a precaution, you might always want to press HK ever so slightly before your second button just to completely avoid headbutt coming out at all.

I got it!! But holy shit is it tight.

For anyone struggling with that link. A trick I've found is to treat it like two separate inputs separated by holding back. so like

c.lp,c.mp, hold back s.hp, f+(s.hk+s.mk)

now I'm dropping the link between c.mp and s.hp more than the s.hp kanchou

Last edited:
I got it!! But holy shit is it tight.

For anyone struggling with that link. A trick I've found is to treat it like two separate inputs separated by holding back. so like

c.lp,c.mp, hold back s.hp, f+(s.hk+s.mk)

now I'm dropping the link between c.mp and s.hp more than the s.hp kanchou
I think you're making it more complicated than it really is, you shouldn't have to be linking anything.

just hold downback from the very beginning of your string and shift from downback to just back when you have to press s.HP.

So essentially you are doing: [hold downback] c.LK, c.MP, [shift from downback to just back], s.HP, f+MK+HK

Here's a video with the inputs:

Last edited: