• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Comboing off of Pillar

akindhobo

derp
Reaction score
Steam
a_kind_hobo
Squigly Eliza
So you need to use that reversal pillar but dont have or want to spend the meter for the follow up combo?
Well your in luck, put your lazy assist to good use!

Of course you have to be careful because you will be very open to happy birthdays especially in the corner.
Luckily mike took out the midscreen doublesnaps.

This is not a comprehensive video. This is not a combo video either. My execution is horrible too.

By setting you macro buttons to your assists calls, as long you macro button has an assist call that has the hk input if you do pillar with that macro it will do pillar and call assist at the same time. With the right assists you can combo off of pillar instead of using your meter to dhc to continue the combo.

For example in a 3 person team you can use lp+hk for your second character and mp+hk for your third character.

Obviously you can just do down,up mp+hk and it will do the same thing but macro buttons make it consistent and easy so we might as well use them before mike takes them out.

I went through the whole cast (except Big Band) and tried a bunch but not all possible attacks. Some might still be able to work that i haven't show here. Also some assist might be character specific and even spacing specific like if they are jumping and what not, specifically cere-copter, not too sure about that one.

Short list of assist that work:
Drag n Bite
Squigly down heavy punch (character specific)
Squigly charged sing
Updo
George's Day Out
Mid Punch Gae Bolga stinger (also preserves you otg)
Excellebella (use
for max SWAG follow up)
Heavy Punch Luger.

we would have put it in the combo thread.

Reactions: Compa
Nifty! You at point blank you can almost always pillar>dash>st.lk into w/e, but this is nifty for a number of teams.

Those random annotations made me laugh way more than I probably should have.

In any case I run Parasoul point with Updo AND Cremation, never even thought of this. I feel like the Damage from Updo > stuff would be higher than the dash>st.lk that konkrete said above, too.

What i like to do is mp. napalm shot into sniper and if it's at a corner i'd like to napalm pillar, just wondering are these assists also good at the corner?

Also i think a decent assist might be val's body bag