• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Controller Not Saving Buttons between Retail and Beta

iControl

Blub-Blub-Blub-Blub... limited reached
Reaction score
Steam
iControl
Valentine Cerebella Double
My friend's copy of SG isn't saving the controls between Retail and Dahlia beta. Sorry if this isn't clear, I'll try to describe it.

They just upgraded their computer to a new install of windows 11. When they loaded up retail SG, they set the controls to their preference. Rebooting again to retail SG saved the controls. But when they switch over to beta SG the controls were set back to the default. They fixed the controls in beta as well, and beta SG remembered the controls when they rebooted that. However, then the controls in retail SG switched back to the default (wrong) controls. Saving the new controls in Retail or Beta ONLY remembers the controls in whichever version they were set in.

Is this a bug? Is there some fix for this? They didn't encounter this on their old computer. They play on a Hori RAP4. They already tried:
- Deleting the Controls Bin in the SG folder in My Documents
- Verifying Game files
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling

Last edited:
Why are they playing and switching around between retail and the Endless Beta instead of the Dahlia beta branch? They know it's the archival one right?

Why are they playing and switching around between retail and the Endless Beta instead of the Dahlia beta branch? They know it's the archival one right?
They told me that they installed the old beta only because nothing else was working, they know the Black Dahlia Beta and Endless Beta are different things. They were only loading up the Black Dahlia beta for the testing above, and only installed Endless beta after everything else to see if it helped. And they're switching from retail to beta because some people only play in one and some play in the other.

Okay, so you mean that the problem is happening between Retail and Dahlia Beta, or between Retail and Endless Beta, or both? The OP made it sound like you were talking about Endless Beta, which was what confused me:

My friend's copy of SG isn't saving the controls between Retail and Endless beta. Sorry if this isn't clear, I'll try to describe it.

Okay, so you mean that the problem is happening between Retail and Dahlia Beta, or between Retail and Endless Beta, or both? The OP made it sound like you were talking about Endless Beta, which was what confused me:
Retail and dahlia beta

@iControl with Dahlia's full release today, can you have your friend try again once the update out and see if the issue is resolved?
It's working! thank you