• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Controller Players: D-Pad, or Analog Stick?

I used the Xbox D-pad a little bit when I first started playing SG, but quickly switched to the analog stick soon after. I found the analog stick to be much more responsive than the pad and way easier to use.

I like D-Pad.
MikeZ recommends D-Pad too
[Link]

Dashes on the analog stick are hard.

Last edited:
It depends on the person. Not what Mike recommends.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who plays on a 360 d-pad all the time?
Can't stand analogue stick at all.

It may just be me here, but does anyone else transition between both stick and pad while they play? For me, I actually have a preference to use analog stick for qc motions, and use pad for Z motions and charged moves. It probably looks really funny to see my fingers /thumb all over the place on the controller.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
dpad always

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who plays on a 360 d-pad all the time?
Can't stand analogue stick at all.

That's actually kinda funny because afaik the xbox dpad is a dpad top on an analog stick.

I'm a controller man and it's not changing, fight sticks are cool, people like the clunky tapping sounds of buttons and analog stick thing but I grew up on...who am I lying to I'm too lazy to adapt but the controller was what I played my second fighter on the first was MVC 2 on a arcade machine

I mainly use D-pad.

Although I find it easier to do Big Band's punch attacks by using the analog stick.