• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Controls screwed? I'm pressing nothing but the game acts like I'm pressing 'up'

mcvain

Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mcvain77/
I got the game just today,
and I've recorded a video of what I'm experiencing right now, at

Basically I'm not pressing anything on the keyboard (I don't have a controller yet), and the game seems to act like I'm holding the 'up' button.
No one else seems to ever have this problem so I'm worried that it might be a problem on my end, but I have no idea what might be causing this problem.
Any help? Thanks

Of course, I did what I could think of naturally. Restarting, reinstalling, checking for driver updates, etc. :(

Maybe your up button has a problem? Does this only happen in Skullgirls?
Maybe it's the devil.

Have you tried deleting your save file or try to configure your buttons yet?

Should be here: C:\Users\Whatever the user is\Documents\Skullgirls\Save Data (But I guess steam cloud would just bring it back so disable it first I guess.)
beyond that I dunno.

Add the Launch Option
-vjoyfix
see if that fixes your problem. It should.
(This should really be in the FAQ, @Flotilla )

And my condolences on your using vjoy or a similar program/driver that places non-zero values into controls that it reports the joystick as not having.

Reactions: Shooon
Add the Launch Option
-vjoyfix

And my condolences on your using vjoy or a similar program/driver that places non-zero values into controls that it reports the joystick as not having.

Done.

Add the Launch Option
-vjoyfix

Ohh thanks so much. I was having the problem in some other games too, now I finally figured out what was giving me the problem. :D Thanks everyone!

Lodge a tech support ticket with Valve to see if they can help you, since it sounds like an issue with the streaming. It's only been out like a day so no-one except Valve has any idea what's going on with it.

Lodge a tech support ticket with Valve to see if they can help you, since it sounds like an issue with the streaming. It's only been out like a day so no-one except Valve has any idea what's going on with it.

Did you notice that he made this thread in June of last year? :p

The problem was related to vJoy, anyways.